Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tickets for Mayo v Dublin replay MOD WARNING POST #108

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭leinster93

A GAA spokesman would not say how many tickets were actually issued yesterday and on Sunday after the game. Good god what a shambles.
    Would love to know how many tickets have now been allocated to the clubs... It would probably be even more embarrassing to them if they did release that information...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 DW2014

Looking to swap 2 x nally STANDING for one seating plus 10 euro (Difference in price.)

2 for 1

PM IF INTRESTED

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

leinster93 wrote: »
    A GAA spokesman would not say how many tickets were actually issued yesterday and on Sunday after the game. Good god what a shambles.
    Would love to know how many tickets have now been allocated to the clubs... It would probably be even more embarrassing to them if they did release that information...

They are saying 10k went on sale. From what I have heard there were none available down in Mayo for general sale.

The amount for sale on DD is shocking, touts will have a field day.

yop wrote: »
    They are saying 10k went on sale. From what I have heard there were none available down in Mayo for general sale.

Mayo county board have to take some responsibility for this farce. They have made no effort to even attempt to get a fair allocation or even have a plan if there was a replay. There should of been 10K tickets for sale from the county board and they have zero. its going to be one of the most one sided crowds in Croke park for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jvm76

Does anyone know if it would be possible to upgrade a juvenile ticket to an adult? Maybe pay difference at the concession stand or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

DW2014 wrote: »
    Looking to swap 2 x nally STANDING for one seating plus 10 euro (Difference in price.)

2 for 1

PM IF INTRESTED

If I get a ticket on Thursday (club allocation), I will swap with you. Will PM you to see if you are still interested

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

If u check DD there isn't many for sale at all, more swapping for face value etc with hurling,

Shocking, no, i don't see it

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Then i seen this

Great work, pitty GAA weren't so quick, selling 13 tickets to one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭leinster93

P_Cash wrote: »
    Then i seen this

That is the 2nd thing that has made my day. Just got word of a ticket in the pipeline. Hopefully, more genuine fans will get tickets at face value.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

P_Cash wrote: »
    Then i seen this

It was shocking before I saw that! :D
    Fair play to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Paulzx

There's no way any one person should have been allowed by multiple numbers of tickets in the Croker office for a game that was guaranteed to be sell out. The touts will have filled their pockets.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Mayo county board have to take some responsibility for this farce. They have made no effort to even attempt to get a fair allocation or even have a plan if there was a replay. There should of been 10K tickets for sale from the county board and they have zero. its going to be one of the most one sided crowds in Croke park for a long time.

Eh the Mayo county board will get well over 10k tickets to sell, they will be issued through the clubs. No idea why you think they won't.

Also I know it's no use now but to the people who claim they have been to every match this season, why don't you have a season ticket?

It is absolutely ridiculous that you could buy as many tickets as you want though, the GAA really need to change this policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hannahhc

I got 2 for lower Cusack at 8:40 on Sunday night

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Eh the Mayo county board will get well over 10k tickets to sell, they will be issued through the clubs. No idea why you think they won't.

Also I know it's no use now but to the people who claim they have been to every match this season, why don't you have a season ticket?

It is absolutely ridiculous that you could buy as many tickets as you want though, the GAA really need to change this policy.
    I got very lucky and got my ticket Sunday night online @1am after travelling the long road back. All the people i know that went on Sunday and the previous games have got nothing.

Regarding the 10K tickets the point is, if the GAA are selling 10K open tickets to anybody whether they had ever been to a game before or not in Dorset street why not do the same in Castlebar or at least 5K ? It basically means unless you are a season ticket holder in Mayo you get nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

Both Dublin & Mayo season tickets were only open to renewals this year, there were no new issues available as far as I know. I was waiting anxiously for them to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Barlett

David Brady was on Newstalk there, says its too early in the week to panic...I agree with him I think it'll be fine come Friday

I got very lucky and got my ticket Sunday night online @1am after travelling the long road back. All the people i know that went on Sunday and the previous games have got nothing.

Regarding the 10K tickets the point is, if the GAA are selling 10K open tickets to anybody whether they had ever been to a game before or not in Dorset street why not do the same in Castlebar or at least 5K ? It basically means unless you are a season ticket holder in Mayo you get nothing.

The clubs in Mayo and Dublin will also get their allocation.
    The difference from what I understand and the frustration down here, is that yesterday a figure of 10k (Some say 15k) tickets went on general sale in Dublin via Dorset street office and Super Valu and the same was not replicated in Mayo.

So while people in Mayo will still get a chance to buy through their clubs or if they have the ST or Cairde Mhaigheo tickets, there were 10k+ tickets for general sale that they weren't give the oppurtunity to buy.
    I've no idea of what was for sale online on Sunday evening/night and Monday morning and why the GAA won't release figures is beyond me.

It stinks of the GAA just wanting to sell as much tickets as possible with no regard for who buys them, in a lot of cases it seems touts have mopped them up.

Danjamin1 wrote: »
    Both Dublin & Mayo season tickets were only open to renewals this year, there were no new issues available as far as I know. I was waiting anxiously for them to be announced.

zero renewals this year is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DanTomKelly

I've bought a football feast (4QF + 2QF). The only reason being that my 6 year old loves the game. Don't you think people like us should be given a fair crack ahead of the touts? We live in Leixlip. Will Kildare clubs get tickets? Doubt it. Joke. Why shouldn't we have a fair chance to buy. The gaa clearly made a shambles of it.
    To me the GAA smacks of "grab all". Even the last day the announcer said that it was a full house but there were empty seats, what he really meant was they were all sold. More like full pockets than full house.
    As a last ditch effort, do ye think there is much chance of getting father and son face value around croker on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Looking to swap 2 Hill tickets (plus face value difference) for 2 decent stand tickets if anyone's interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,892 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I've bought a football feast (4QF + 2QF). The only reason being that my 6 year old loves the game. Don't you think people like us should be given a fair crack ahead of the touts? We live in Leixlip. Will Kildare clubs get tickets? Doubt it. Joke. Why shouldn't we have a fair chance to buy. The gaa clearly made a shambles of it.
    To me the GAA smacks of "grab all". Even the last day the announcer said that it was a full house but there were empty seats, what he really meant was they were all sold. More like full pockets than full house.
    As a last ditch effort, do ye think there is much chance of getting father and son face value around croker on Saturday?

Considering it was always going to be a sell out why use this 'grab all' ****e again? How does it smack of it? And what are they supposed to do if people bought tickets and dont turn up? I dont get your point at all. Hope ya get sorted.

The clubs in Mayo and Dublin will also get their allocation.
    The difference from what I understand and the frustration down here, is that yesterday a figure of 10k (Some say 15k) tickets went on general sale in Dublin via Dorset street office and Super Valu and the same was not replicated in Mayo.

So while people in Mayo will still get a chance to buy through their clubs or if they have the ST or Cairde Mhaigheo tickets, there were 10k+ tickets for general sale that they weren't give the oppurtunity to buy.
    I've no idea of what was for sale online on Sunday evening/night and Monday morning and why the GAA won't release figures is beyond me.

It stinks of the GAA just wanting to sell as much tickets as possible with no regard for who buys them, in a lot of cases it seems touts have mopped them up.

But if SV use tickets.ie whats the problem exactly? it's not as if it is just SV's in Dublin that were selling them

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

I have 2 Upper Cusack Stand Tickets (Section 710) for the replay to swap for 2 stand tickets for the hurling final if possible.

Everything @ face value so I will also make up the price difference (€100)

Not interested in selling. Only swap.

Can meet pretty much anywhere.

PM if interested.

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

No Kildare clubs won't get tickets. Why should they, they aren't playing. They would have got tickets to the first game though.

Also how is it the fault of the GAA if someone buys a ticket and then doesn't show up or leaves after the minor game.

The only issue for me is the fact that people were able to buy as many tickets as they want, that shouldn't have happened to keep tickets out of the hands of touts. They also shouldn't have gone onsale until Monday morning to give the Mayo fans travelling home a fair chance to buy them.

GAA saying they didnt expect such interest and were caught completely unaware. I must admit that i and everyone i talked to at home on Sunday night thought there wouldnt be the same interest for the replay also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Barlett wrote: »
    David Brady was on Newstalk there, says its too early in the week to panic...I agree with him I think it'll be fine come Friday

How though? There isn't going to be much returning from the clubs I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Paulzx

They also shouldn't have gone onsale until Monday morning to give the Mayo fans travelling home a fair chance to buy them.

I actually agree with you on this but to be fair I myself bought tickets online after midnight last sunday night/Monday morning.

Many Mayo fans would be well home before then so they were available.

Nothwithstanding that I don't think it was a good idea putting them up for sale straight away. They should have waited until Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭Patser

I'd say by Friday there'll be tickets floating about alright. Right now with Sunday's emotions still high everyone wants to be there before the realities of the day kick in.

It's a 5pm throw in, on a Saturday, the day before the All Ireland Hurling Final. So some people will be stuck in work, or have other pre planned commitments. There'll be a shortage if hotel rooms, as Galway and Kilkenny fans will have had a headstart getting them and with a late match finish time (and risk of extra time) that'll make travelling home for Mayo fans a pain. Also since this was 1st sell out of the year, I reckon touts will have jumped in on the replay, probably to the point of over buying tickets. They'll be desperately trying to flog them by Friday (while probably trying to flog them at big prices now due to the mini panic going on)

It'll be a sell out alright, but by Friday/Saturday I'd reckon anyone genuinely wanting to go will have found a ticket.

But if SV use tickets.ie whats the problem exactly? it's not as if it is just SV's in Dublin that were selling them

From what I THINK i heard, I had it on in one ear at work, on local radio and I could have read it here, that SV in Dublin had them for sale. But don't hold me to that, it was my understanding thats where lads were bulking buying tickets.

• Advertisement

Patser wrote: »
    It'll be a sell out alright, but by Friday/Saturday I'd reckon anyone genuinely wanting to go will have found a ticket.

Its always been the case for AI finals I have found anyway, so hopefully they will

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement