Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tickets for Mayo v Dublin replay MOD WARNING POST #108

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,131 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Some people even got 2 and 3 sets of duplicate tickets form tickets.ie :eek:

I'm not sure that the duplicate tickets will be as big a problem as first thought.

Firstly only real touts with no interest in seeing the game will try sell them.
    No person with an interest in getting in will not run the risk of the buyer getting to the scanner before them.

Plus how many touts would have gone to the bother of buying online tickets anyway Sunday and Monday, with all the time outs, service unavailable etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

<snip>
    Plus how many touts would have gone to the bother of buying online tickets anyway Sunday and Monday, with all the time outs, service unavailable etc.
    too true, when they can walk 5 minutes down the road to the ticket office and (initially) buy any amount of tickets from the ticket shop with only having to queue.

They can also buy the ticket in cash and avoid any paper trail that buying online would entail.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

too true, when they can walk 5 minutes down the road to the ticket office and (initially) buy any amount of tickets from the ticket shop with only having to queue.

They can also buy the ticket in cash and avoid any paper trail that buying online would entail.

They should make use of this anyway. Any person that gets refused entry, the seats number and barcode number gets recorded by an official, and give the data to tickets.ie to match off with the original buyer. Not sure what can be done from there, but something surely. Whole thing is overblown in any case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

The postcode wont make a bit of difference, An Post dont use it. I delivered loads of tickets.ie envelopes this morning, everyone got at least two envelopes. What a potential mess

Tickets arrived here today 😊(no duplicates)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Tickets arrived yesterday although I am not overly confident that someone else doesn't have the same tickets as me.

All good, my second set arrived to me today. I was worried they had gone elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

cocoman wrote: »
    Tickets arrived here today 😊(no duplicates)

Postman probably has them ;)

Not a joking matter I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

PARlance wrote: »
    Postman probably has them ;)

Not a joking matter I know.

I'm a postman and the thought did cross my mind, not that i'd take them but how easy it would be. Same with tickets from ticket master for events, they're clearly marked as tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm a postman and the thought did cross my mind, not that i'd take them but how easy it would be. Same with tickets from ticket master for events, they're clearly marked as tickets.

Extremely easy, was poor form that standard post was the only method and a bit silly to plaster tickets.ie on the envelopes.
    They could have been well gone before you even got them as you know.
    Father does post runs (collections & cash delivery) and Mother a post mistress, used to do a few runs myself during the summers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Just got a call from my mum and she managed to get 3 tickets for the Nally Terrace. I'm looking to swap 1 of the tickets for a Hogan,Cusack Stand or Davin Stand ticket (+ balance paid etc).

It's a long shot I, know but thought I might as well ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

I have a lower hogan
    Would swap for two nally and id pay the balance to you

• Advertisement

knighted wrote: »
    I have a lower hogan
    Would swap for two nally and id pay the balance to you

No chance you'd swap just for the 1 and I'd pay the balance to you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

No sorry ,ive a season ticket but my mate has been let down so need a second ticket
    Only way i can see that happening is if i get two stand tickets
    i wouldnt give up the seat otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭depadz

anyone know if possible to upgrade a kids ticket to an adults at ticket/concession booth in croke park (or elsewhere?)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Have an upper cusack for the football replay, anyone willing to swap for a hurling ticket? Will pay balance. PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭igilvarry

A long shot maybe... looking for 1 ticket for tomorrow's replay anywhere in the stadium.

PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Hi, Have an upper Cusack, and would like to swap for a Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thinlizzy51

have 2 hill16 tickets looking to swap for stand tickets anywhere.will pay balance
    <snip>
    Mod: No phone numbers.

Edser wrote: »
    Hi, Have an upper Cusack, and would like to swap for a Hill.

Would you be willing to swap for a Nally ticket ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I currently have one upper hogan for tomorrow, and one upper cusack for sunday. Looking to get two tickets together for tomorrow, ideally premium, if anyone wants to work out some sort of swap, swap + cash etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Would you be willing to swap for a Nally ticket ?

Sorry, but a couple of mates are on the hill.

• Advertisement

Edser wrote: »
    Sorry, but a couple of mates are on the hill.

Drop me a PM please if you change your mind or know someone who'd be interested in a terrace exchange for a stand ticket. Best of luck with your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Got mine delivered yesterday, no duplicate. If somehow my duplicate got delivered somewhere and sold on, if they get there before me would I not get in?! Have emails etc and could show money out of account.

If this week has thought me something, it's that people will find a way to worry about anything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    If this week has thought me something, it's that people will find a way to worry about anything

So helpful, thanks for the contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

toadfly wrote: »
    Got mine delivered yesterday, no duplicate. If somehow my duplicate got delivered somewhere and sold on, if they get there before me would I not get in?! Have emails etc and could show money out of account.

Got mine yesterday aswell and no duplicates.
    I'm not too worried though.
    Bring ID and the receipt that came with the ticket - your name will be on it.
    Duplicates will probably arrive today :rolleyes:

toadfly wrote: »
    So helpful, thanks for the contribution.

It was a reference everyone, not least myself and people I know personally.

If that did happen, no you wouldn't get in, and you'd have to take it up with tickets.ie. Since there has been absolutely no reports of dulpicate tickets reaching the wrong destination however, you'd have to be one of the unluckiest people on earth for your tickets to be the only ones duplicated and sent to someone else, those people to decide to be scmbags and sell them on, and the people that buy them to reach the ground before you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

cocoman wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday aswell and no duplicates.
    I'm not too worried though.
    Bring ID and the receipt that came with the ticket - your name will be on it.
    Duplicates will probably arrive today :rolleyes:

If the dupicate and has been used and scanned there isnt a hope of getting in, cna you imagine stewards etc going through id, emails etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Got a phone call from tickets.ie this morning re the double issue of tickets. I'd already been emailed about it. They told me to use either copy but to dispose of the second set.

They obviously have someone sitting by the phone all day ringing anyone who bought tickets online.

I still think it's going to cause some problems on the day as there will be a few unscrupulous people who will try and make a small few quid from it. The normal fan will destroy the spare set

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Tickets.ie rang me about duplicates and told me to keep them as a souvenir. Good luck telling a tout that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Tickets.ie rang me about duplicates and told me to keep them as a souvenir. Good luck telling a tout that!

It's turning into a Fr Ted episode at this stage. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement