Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tickets for Mayo v Dublin replay MOD WARNING POST #108

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭irishgeo

cocoman wrote: »
    Doubt it. Heard that at one point (Sunday night I think) there was 78,000 people on tickets.ie trying to buy.

i think tickets.ie needs a ticketmaster style queuing system, looks far better than a dead website.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Would this "unprecedented demand" for the online services be caused by the fact they were allocating 2 or 3 tickets for every 1 ticket that was being bought online?

I doubt it. I don't think that people got any extra tickets. By extra, I mean more tickets than they had purchased, with different sections and rows and seat numbers on them. They just got duplicate copies of the original tickets, that they had already bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

its a smokescreen, you will be so tied up with worrying and arguing about tickets, that Diarmuid Connolly will be left off tomorrow night with the excuse that he only pretended to punch Lee Keegan last Sunday and no one will be any the wiser :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 DanTomKelly

its a smokescreen, you will be so tied up with worrying and arguing about tickets, that Diarmuid Connolly will be left off tomorrow night with the excuse that he only pretended to punch Lee Keegan last Sunday and no one will be any the wiser :rolleyes:

Nothing personal against the bloke but if Diarmuid Connolly gets off, ye can have your tickets. I ain't going. That would really beggar belief. But having seen the goings on this week so far, I would not be surprised. No doubt Keegan is no Saint, but the rules are clear for a striking offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Nothing personal against the bloke but if Diarmuid Connolly gets off, ye can have your tickets. I ain't going. That would really beggar belief. But having seen the goings on this week so far, I would not be surprised. No doubt Keegan is no Saint, but the rules are clear for a striking offence.

You can give your tickets to the lad up the mountain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

I'd rather he played,would much rather beat the best Dublin team available,there would be excuses and stuff thrown out if they lost it 'oh well ye beat us while we were missing our best forward' ,better to beat the best side available

but there is a rules difference between "striking" and "attempting to strike"
    will not be surprised to see connolly get off
    same as there is a difference between pulling down and pulling back for a black card ;)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

but there is a rules difference between "striking" and "attempting to strike"
    will not be surprised to see connolly get off
    same as there is a difference between pulling down and pulling back for a black card ;)

There is no difference between striking and attempting to strike in the rule book!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Barlett wrote: »
    All Mayo clubs are getting their full allocation of tickets unlike last week.

Ya , all 10,000

Mayo going to really out numbered

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

So why did you go to the match the first day, when Keane had his red card downgraded - rules are clear for a striking offence after all:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

There is no difference between striking and attempting to strike in the rule book!

lets see what happens tomorrow ;) Also doubt that Dermo will be leaving the venue at 1am either

• Registered Users Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭irishgeo

ahh no mr. keane changed all that. A serious rewrite of all the rules is needed. The rules are a joke.

Got there just ahead of me. Intent is as bad.
    In terms of the best team available, rules are rules.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    So why did you go to the match the first day, when Keane had his red card downgraded - rules are clear for a striking offence after all:rolleyes:

Fair point. Maybe this is the last straw.
    Of all the rules. This is the one that's set in stone.
    Striking or attempting to strike a player = red card. No questions.

Red card and 1 game suspension upheld now.

You can go to the game DTK now!

Unless he appeals tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Barlett

P_Cash wrote: »
    Ya , all 10,000

Mayo going to really out numbered

No actually the full allocation for clubs in Mayo is more in the region of 25,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Tickets arrived yesterday although I am not overly confident that someone else doesn't have the same tickets as me.

No actually the full allocation for clubs in Mayo is more in the region of 25,000

Weird, my email from county board says just over 10k.

FalconGirl wrote: »
    Tickets arrived yesterday although I am not overly confident that someone else doesn't have the same tickets as me.

Why? The issue was with duplicates of the same tickets. It is HIGHLY improbable thst your tickets were issued twice.

U know, is there a gain here when duplications were sent also,

Suppose for an event, every every 4th order was sent out exact copies of tickets, duplications.

Suppose this was marketed and advertised very well.

Well, would anyone ever buy from a tout then, with a huge risk of been refused entry,

It wouldnt get rid of it entirely, but should stamp out a lot of selling tickets etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

P_Cash wrote: »
    U know, is there a gain here when duplications were sent also,

Suppose for an event, every every 4th order was sent out exact copies of tickets, duplications.

Suppose this was marketed and advertised very well.

Well, would anyone ever buy from a tout then, with a huge risk of been refused entry,

It wouldnt get rid of it entirely, but should stamp out a lot of selling tickets etc

no, your very wrong, that would be disastrous. People will still buy from touts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Have people living in Mayo got their tickets yet from tickets.ie ?

I ordered mine Sunday but nothing in the post as of yesterday. Maybe the people who got theirs yesterday live in Dublin and the rest will make their way in todays post hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I ordered mine Sunday but nothing in the post as of yesterday. Maybe the people who got theirs yesterday live in Dublin and the rest will make their way in todays post hopefully.

Did you put your new post code on the application

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

My brother got his yesterday.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Did you put your new post code on the application

Me whaa?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Me whaa?

Your new Eircode postcode. Did you not get it sent out you in the post last month?

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Your new Eircode postcode. Did you not get it sent out you in the post last month?

Ya I put that down alright. I'll have to wait until this evening to see if they arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Ya I put that down alright. I'll have to wait until this evening to see if they arrived today.

The postcode wont make a bit of difference, An Post dont use it. I delivered loads of tickets.ie envelopes this morning, everyone got at least two envelopes. What a potential mess

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

All Mayo clubs are getting their full allocation of tickets unlike last week.

:confused: What do you mean exactly? btw loads of tickets were on sale this morning at the Centre of Excellence in Bekan, think sold out now though but might be wroth checking out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Some people even got 2 and 3 sets of duplicate tickets form tickets.ie :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement