Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Ireland v Wales [2.30pm 29/08/15 Aviva Stadium] Guinness Series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

connachta wrote: »
    Agree. Especially McGrath Heaslip SOB Murray Sexton and Henshaw, the 6 essential players IMO (McGrath because of Healy uncertainty)

Double edged sword I suppose; they need the game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Korat wrote: »
    I feel guilty that I don't want Nathan White to do well today.

Marty Moore could be back by the time we meet the serious teams. I'd really prefer him coming on in the 60th minute v [insert SH team or France here]
    That's ridiculous though. Marty Moore may be back able to play but that doesn't mean he will be up to playing against "serious teams" without any game time in lead up. Nathan White doing well is better today for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭smiley_face

George North becomes the youngest ever player to reach 50 international caps aged 23 and 5ish months.

Assuming he manages to avoid any more head injuries he's probably the player most likely to eventually catch up to Richie McCaw's record?

I could see him transitioning to the outside centre over the next few years and then inside centre when Roberts retires, that is hopefully if he can continue with good health.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

That's ridiculous though. Marty Moore may be back able to play but that doesn't mean he will be up to playing against "serious teams" without any game time in lead up. Nathan White doing well is better today for everyone

Except Connacht:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Nathan White is a solid option for us. The only reason I could see someone caring too much about Moore v. White would be the whole nationality issue. White has much more experience and certainly was the preferred option for Leinster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Nathan White is a solid option for us. The only reason I could see someone caring too much about Moore v. White would be the whole nationality issue. White has much more experience and certainly was the preferred option for Leinster.

I'm sorry? ..what?

Regardless of heritage a fit Martin Moore is better than Nathan White.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Preferred over Moore? If so that has no real relevance given Moore's age at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Yeah, Moore being 21 is somewhat relevant...

Moore is more proven at test level, even if only by virtue of White being ineligible, but he is the more proven player.

Still, White is a good player, no concerns if he gets the nod.

Korat wrote: »
    I'm sorry? ..what?

Regardless of heritage a fit Martin Moore is better than Nathan White.

Based on what exactly?

Yeah, Moore being 21 is somewhat relevant...

Yeah of course that's relevant, but what's also relevant is that Leinster wanted to keep White the season he left, which was also the season Moore kicked on in the Irish setup. I don't think it's particularly hard to believe that had Leinster convinced White to stay (or Connacht not offered 3 years) then he would have continued to be selected ahead of Moore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Some good intensity and intent but poor execution.

Jenkins was all over White there. Maybe Jenkins has been saving himself for the past 4 years!

Jesus Joubert, don't mind the Welsh lads all in the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Nathan White saves the day in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Poor defence there. Unorthodox clearance by O Mahony!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,866 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Need to sound a bit of general quarters, Wales much better at getting back into position

Good aerial displays by both Kearneys

Oh god please stop kicking the ball Wales before someone gets hurt... time for a moratorium on that!

Oh god please stop kicking the ball Wales before someone gets hurt... time for a moratorium on that!

Might be too late. Bigger not looking at all comfortable there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

think biggar jumped into kearneys knee, that would hurt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Sexton has had a dodgy start.

Edit: and then a great clearance from the 22! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,866 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Jonny looking a little rusty getting back and choosing options on the fly

Jonny looks a bit rusty

• Registered Users Posts: 21,610 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Absolutely butchered that kick there.

We look fairly sloppy here but that's to be expected I suppose. After a good start though Wales have had the momentum for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

McGrath dominated here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

tipuric was bound on mcgrath there ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 24,193 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Few very sloppy and rusty starts (Sexton and Earls notably) but also some guys who look really sharp and hungry.

Henderson you animal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Scrum is ****e

Advertisement