Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Thread: Ireland v Wales [2.30pm 29/08/15 Aviva Stadium] Guinness Series

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

It's simply a question, if Zebo is ahead of Fitzgerald why was he not playing?
    He was either rested as Joe made out, or he was dropped.
    Nobody knows except Joe.
    The suspicious nature of this debate is that anything Joe says from now on can be regarded with skepticism.
    But anyone who's managed a team, or captained a team, knows that you can't just blurt out the truth to anyone outside the team, but you can easily have quiet conversations behind closed doors and clear the air that way.
    I used to think JS was very forthcoming with his analysis and evaluation of the players, but comments lately about Murphy, Furlong etc just make me totally reject anything he says anymore at face value.

Overreact much?

phog wrote: »
    There is another option

There's loads of options but TFs option is the only one that makes an iota of sense. Do we really have nothing else to talk about other than this? I mean talk about desperately looking for something to b!tch about....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭phog

molloyjh wrote: »
    There's loads of options but TFs option is the only one that makes an iota of sense. Do we really have nothing else to talk about other than this? I mean talk about desperately looking for something to b!tch about....

I'm certainly not bitching.

If you don't want to discuss it, then don't, its simple really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Ceadog

Seemingly there's a lot of outrage amongst Welsh fans about a so-called chop tackle by Furlong on AWJ that might rule him out of the RWC.

Everyone keep quiet about their starting no. 6 now please :P

Ceadog wrote: »
    Seemingly there's a lot of outrage amongst Welsh fans about a so-called chop tackle by Furlong on AWJ that might rule him out of the RWC.

Everyone keep quiet about their starting no. 6 now please :P

It wasn't a chop tackle though. He tackled him from behind and AWJ fell awkwardly. Anyone giving out about it may as well not bother watching the game any more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭smiley_face

Overreact much?

Not an overreaction, I'm just saying I wouldn't just blindly accept everything he says is the whole truth anymore.
    We had a lot of bull talk with previous managers that didn't want to say it straight to the public, for a while there it looked like Schmidt might actually break that pattern but it's obvious now he is just giving spin for the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Ceadog

It wasn't a chop tackle though. He tackled him from behind and AWJ fell awkwardly. Anyone giving out about it may as well not bother watching the game any more.

Exactly. It was a low tackle from behind that Furlong was committed too. AWJ passed the ball about half a second before Furlong hit him. There was no way to pull out of it. The injury mostly came from AWJ's boot getting stuck in the turf.

But there's no talking to some of those Welsh fans. They're convinced Irish players are pure scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭smiley_face

Ceadog wrote: »
    Exactly. It was a low tackle from behind that Furlong was committed too. AWJ passed the ball about half a second before Furlong hit him. There was no way to pull out of it. The injury mostly came from AWJ's boot getting stuck in the turf.

But there's no talking to some of those Welsh fans. They're convinced Irish players are pure scum.

Well they put Tommy O'Donnell out with a clear chop tackle so we're even...

Advertisement