Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FI Charts (+T120 onwards) Autumn/Winter 2015 - see Mod Note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

... no Dec '10 on the cards but nothing mild either.
    I still think a scandi high is a real possibility though. FI is about +96 lately which is why this thread is so quiet I presume?

ECM1-216.GIF?09-12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭esposito

... no Dec '10 on the cards but nothing mild either.
    I still think a scandi high is a real possibility though. FI is about +96 lately which is why this thread is so quiet I presume?

I'm liking your optimism Elmer. Usually you're the opposite:p

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

things are still looking fine as far as i can see. good cold pool over us and a nice low forming along the east coast. might produce some streamers. as far as i can see its all good.

J108-21.GIF?07-12

all we need is that 990 low to slip towards biscay and its 1947 all over again!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

aboyro wrote: »
    all we need is that 990 low to slip towards biscay and its 1947 all over again!!!!

unfortunately that chart was how things were before it kinda went all pear shaped for Leinster/Dublin in the past 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

GFS keeps the gate closed for height rises into Greenland due to a cut off low coming off Newfoundland .

374233.png

T+144hrs
    374229.png

UKMO and GEM don't make much of it however and better heights build into Greenland.
    374228.gif

374232.png

Even though it wouldn't produce some white gold the GEM then sinks the high down over us which would lead to some very nice crisp dry weather with frosty nights.
    374234.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Here we go again....

ECM1-192.GIF?09-0

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Here we go again....

ECM1-192.GIF?09-0
    we're on the road again...oh wrong forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

GFS showing a rain/snow mix on Friday.

138-779UK_cia0.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 7,130 ✭✭✭pad199207

Is the baold GFS backtracking?

• Advertisement

pad199207 wrote: »
    Is the baold GFS backtracking?

Extends the cold by a day or two. It's FI so it's going to change on each run anyway. Whatever happens, the weather next weekend almost certainly won't look like what the models are showing today.

UKMO teasing those still looking for the chance of a significant cold spell.

UN144-21.GIF?10-06

GEM has colder uppers pushing into North Africa than Ireland. :rolleyes: :pac:

PnTaAtI.png

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭sean555

I see the 18z GFS has decided to backtrack on both previous gfs runs and keep the cold next weekend.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Towards the end of the month signs of the jet taking a more Northerly track

NfI44kl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Keeping the dream alive, where ever it may be found

gens-6-1-384.png
    gens-5-1-384.png

You have the love the temps in Greenland on this
    -4 and -40 less than 100miles apart
    gens-5-0-156.png

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

so euro heights and a resurgent pv on the gfs and ecm model going forward, this time next week it could be very mild over Ireland. maybe storm alex sends warmth up to the poles to disrupt the vortex again?

Just some eye candy

gens-5-0-324.png

FI GFS style

gens-3-1-300.png

gens-3-0-252.png

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭teddybones

Nabber wrote: »
    FI GFS style

gens-3-1-300.png

gens-3-0-252.png

Just in time for my birthday on 27th. If that were to come to pass I imagine there would be some spectacular streamers on the east coast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

ECM at 240hrs. Looks ominous.

375152.PNG

Won't turn out like that of course but this morning's EC mean tending towards a more unsettled, possibly stormier spell as the month draws to a close.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

ECM 240 hrs completely different tonight, with a high trying to build to our N, and which goes against its ensemble mean. I really hope we don't get stuck in cold col type conditions as is per the norm these last few winters and as this chart suggests. A full blown easterly or a raging westerly I'll accept, but not this damp, semi-cold windless rot that we experience far too often in Ireland.

375308.PNG

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    ECM 240 hrs completely different tonight, with a high trying to build to our N, and which goes against its ensemble mean. I really hope we don't get stuck in cold col type conditions as is per the norm these last few winters and as this chart suggests. A full blown easterly or a raging westerly I'll accept, but not this damp, semi-cold windless rot that we experience far too often in Ireland.

375308.PNG

One in particular back in February 2013 comes to mind of such a pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,660 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Oneiric 3 wrote: »

375308.PNG

yes, it seems a long time since we got a true deep easterly in Ireland.
    i suppose looking at it optimistically, we are over due one.

by the way i was standing outside enjoying the snowfall at 5 am this morning . it didn't stick, but having being snow starved for so long, i was just happy seeing the white stuff fall.:D

Extreme Cherry picking of different perbs

gens-16-1-276.png
    gens-14-1-276.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭arctictree

GFS showing some more cold for mid next week:

Rtavn2161.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

you beat me to it! I was just about to post the same chart ......... oh wait ..... its not the same chart!

Rrea00119470119.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,522 ✭✭✭Speak Now

you beat me to it! I was just about to post the same chart ......... oh wait ..... its not the same chart!

May as well go the whole hog....5 days later tongue.png

archivesnh-1947-1-24-0-0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭teddybones

Rrea00119470119.gif

What happened in 1947 after this set up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

For what it's worth there is certainly a lot of interest in the 6z GFS ensembles which seem to have held on to and strengthened a trend from the previous set of ensembles this morning. This trend is for High Pressure to move north, first in our vicinity, and then poleward. Further to this there then is a number of ensembles showing various 'eye candy' in the 200 hr+ timeframe, with easterly sourced cold, northeasterly sourced cold, and northerly cold all in the mix.

Advertisement