Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US OPEN August 31 - September 13 2015 (SEE MOD NOTE POST #8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,002 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Serena's a right sourpuss at the presser!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

walshb wrote: »
    Serena's a right sourpuss at the presser!

What other way is there to be though, in the circumstances?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I am laughing at just the thought of people shelling out huge amounts of money for tickets to the final assuming it would be Serena in it and winning it and now they're stuck with two Italians they've probably never heard of and won't be able to give the tickets away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,560 ✭✭✭Floppybits

What a bonus getting to see hingis in action

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

I am laughing at just the thought of people shelling out huge amounts of money for tickets to the final assuming it would be Serena in it and winning it and now they're stuck with two Italians they've probably never heard of and won't be able to give the tickets away.

I was sniggering at that too. According to Brad Gilbert, a Pennetta-Vinci final was 10000-1.:eek: Will the men's SFs be business as usual....or will it be more upsets?

• Advertisement

RosyLily wrote: »
    I was sniggering at that too. According to Brad Gilbert, a Pennetta-Vinci final was 10000-1.:eek: Will the men's SFs be business as usual....or will it be more upsets?

I think djokovic will beat Cilic but it will be a tough one. Hard to call the Swiss one. I will go with fed but only just and only because I am big fan. :-)

Hingis playing some great tennis I'm the mixed final.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Hingis and Paes win! Love watching Hingis. Some year for the Swiss.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Serena not herself here. Not really in a good rhythm, doesn't look very comfortable. Some good play from Roberta though.

Anyone see Halep-Pennetta? Quite surprised by that one. Flavia play out of her skin? Or was Halep awful?

A mixture of the two, Halep hit a lot of uncharacteristic errors but Flavia was great too. Hit the ball hard and flat.

I'm calling Wawrinka to beat Federer, and I think Cilic can beat Djokovic.. but he'll lose in five. But as this US Open has proven... predictions mean jack sh*t :pac:

Only just discovered Vinci has been around for a long time and is 32. She seems to be delightful and I'm sure has won a lot of people over.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Only just discovered Vinci has been around for a long time and is 32. She seems to be delightful and I'm sure has won a lot of people over.

She's won me over! I'd like her to win tomorrow, but I think there'll be a big comedown and Pennetta will take advantage of that.

• Advertisement

Some start by Djokovic in this semi final. 5-0 up in about 30 minutes if even that. Cilic needs a toilet break to get himself together or he will off before he knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cilic's body language has been all wrong from the start.

That had 6-0 written all over it from Cilic's first service game.

He's putting nothing on any of his ground strokes.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Some start by Djokovic in this semi final. 5-0 up in about 30 minutes if even that. Cilic needs a toilet break to get himself together or he will off before he knows it.

Cilic just not in it. This could be over very quickly.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Cilic just not in it. This could be over very quickly.

This is embarrassing for Cilic. Missing easy shots. This will be over in 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭WaterLily.

Not watching the match but just saw the score and oh dear! What on earth is wrong with Cilic?! This is definitely embarrassing.

Whitewash. I pray Stan gets to the final, as I don't want to bother watching Federer crumble against Nole.

WaterLily. wrote: »
    Not watching the match but just saw the score and oh dear! What on earth is wrong with Cilic?! This is definitely embarrassing.

Your not missing much. Djokovic is making Cilic look like an amatuer. Cilic didn't have a game point till the second set.

walshb wrote: »
    Whitewash. I pray Stan gets to the final, as I don't want to bother watching Federer crumble against Nole.

The only problem is that djokovic will be fresh as a daisy for the final considering this game is barely a practice session for him.

Fcuk it, I 'm stickin' a grand on Cilic.

I think Cilic can beat Djokovic.. but he'll lose in five.

Oh.

• Advertisement

Pretty pathetic from Cilic. If one of the women's SF's had gone like that we'd never hear the end of it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Floppybits wrote: »
    This is embarrassing for Cilic. Missing easy shots. This will be over in 3.

Bang on. 3 games........:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,604 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

What other way is there to be though, in the circumstances?

She was like a spoilt brat in that interview.
    She is a terrible loser.

She was like a spoilt brat in that interview.
    She is a terrible loser.

Come on, that press conference was minutes after a devastating loss. She gave Vinci lots of credit.

Come on, that press conference was minutes after a devastating loss. She gave Vinci lots of credit.

Exactly. It'd be more noteworthy if she wasn't annoyed or upset after that loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,604 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I thought she played the best tennis in her career,” Williams said. “I guess it’s inspiring. But, yeah, I think she played literally out of her mind.”

More condescending than genuine I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Serena Slam can f&ck off !!!

Djokovic cruising , now Federer Wavrinka

Let them fight ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Commentator seems to be slightly ahead of play? Could get annoying.

No way. It killed her to give credit, plus she kept emphasising how it was it was the opponent playing almost unbelievably. In other words it took such a super human effort. Seemed like she was almost hinting at something not quite believable. She was fuming.

• Advertisement

Fook off, Federer with your SABR.

Advertisement