Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US OPEN August 31 - September 13 2015 (SEE MOD NOTE POST #8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭WaterLily.

Brilliant match between Azarenka and Halep, happy that Halep won it in the end! Although I possibly think that the two people that if they played out of their skin could beat Serena are now out.

Wouldn't it be crazy if it were a Vinci/ Penetta final :D

I wouldn't be surprised if Penetta beats Halep though, she just seems to love playing in New York!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Oh I'm delighted Azarenka lost.

Stan took the first set 6-4.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

2 fairly easy Q/Fs for the steamrolling Swiss...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,991 ✭✭✭✭walshb

whiterebel wrote: »
    2 fairly easy Q/Fs for the steamrolling Swiss...

Looks like Stan's finding form. I'll go with Stan in 4 against Federer.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭StillIntact

walshb wrote: »
    Looks like Stan's finding form. I'll go with Stan in 4 against Federer.

Stan's first serve percentage was quite low against Anderson and if that continues I can see Roger winning. It's difficult to say how it will go as neither have been tested yet.

• Advertisement

The ATP website is crap for the schedule. It gives the daily schedule, but not the following day. Had to find from paddypower the time of the men's semis. I assume 1600 hrs is U.S. as far as I know.

11th Sept 2015
    16:00 N Djokovic v M Cilic

1/7

9/2

16:00 S Wawrinka v R Federer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Imagine if Stan wins the US Open, split evenly with Djokovic for GS this year ... Hope not tho..

walshb wrote: »
    The ATP website is crap for the schedule. It gives the daily schedule, but not the following day. Had to find from paddypower the time of the men's semis. I assume 1600 hrs is U.S. as far as I know.

11th Sept 2015
    16:00 N Djokovic v M Cilic

1/7

9/2

16:00 S Wawrinka v R Federer

The atp website isn't great!

The official usopen website has the tournament schedule with the mixed doubles final and the men's semifinals starting at midday local on Friday. Not sure if that means the mixed doubles is first but expect the Swiss semi to be after Djokovic Cilic.

The atp website isn't great!

The official usopen website has the tournament schedule with the mixed doubles final and the men's semifinals starting at midday local on Friday. Not sure if that means the mixed doubles is first but expect the Swiss semi to be after Djokovic Cilic.

I'd imagine Djokovic Cilic in afternoon , and Federer Wavrinka to be the night session, the winner of Djokovic Cilic will likely look at that match and ....

let-them-fight.jpg

I'd imagine Djokovic Cilic in afternoon , and Federer Wavrinka to be the night session, the winner of Djokovic Cilic will likely look at that match and ....

let-them-fight.jpg

Both listed as the 1600 session. Maybe one match on one court and the other match on another court?

• Advertisement

Surprising that, SF of mens should both be on Arthur Ashe:confused:

lets see tomorrow.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Could have something to do with the weather? If they're expecting rain they don't want one getting played and the other getting pushed back a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Am I the only one who's not getting the Stan hype this US Open yet?

He was extremely laboured in his first few matches, straight sets but so many 7/5' s or tiebreaks when he should be easing through these. Beat Anderson comfortably but it was an Anderson who couldn't get close to what he produced against Murray (even then I would have expected Stan to win).

Of course if Stan plays well he will be a handful for Roger and very well could beat him.

Wasn't overly impressed with Federer last night, surprised his unforced error wasn't higher, felt like he was always missing in the first 2 sets.

Firstly, it is likely that the matches are shown as 16.00 Irish time automatically because that was the start time earlier in the tournament and the schedule hasn't been finalised for tomorrow.

Don't see the hype about Stan this US Open either. After Anderson's victory over Murray it was no surprise that he was unable to replicate the performance against Stan. Of course if he can play to his best Stan can win the whole thing but the evidence so far is that he isn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Play washed out, both men's and women's semis tomorrow.

Another impressive showing by Pennetta at the US Open. Now Serena will overpower Vinci in the second semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Serena not herself here. Not really in a good rhythm, doesn't look very comfortable. Some good play from Roberta though.

Anyone see Halep-Pennetta? Quite surprised by that one. Flavia play out of her skin? Or was Halep awful?

Haven't been able to watch this but very surprising to see Serena in this position. I wonder if it is nerves given what's at stake?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Haven't been able to watch this but very surprising to see Serena in this position. I wonder if it is nerves given what's at stake?

Vinci is giving her nothing and had played a perfect match so far.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Of all the people that you might have thought had a shot at ending Serena's run. Not Vinci.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

OMG!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Amazing result

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭WaterLily.

Wow!! When I said could you imagine if there was an all Italian final... I didn't actually expect it to happen! :D

Thrilled for both Penetta and Vinci, especially Vinci though!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Some performance by Vinci.....loving her interview!

All vinci did was lob the ball back to Serena.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Is this real life?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

This year's US Open semis must be the biggest upset of all time.

Vinci was 300/1.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Vinci was 300/1.

To beat Serena?

• Advertisement

To beat Serena?

Yep.

Advertisement