Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US OPEN August 31 - September 13 2015 (SEE MOD NOTE POST #8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Wow, wasn't expecting Nadal to lose to Fognini. First time he's ever lost a slam match from two sets up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Serena down a set to Bethanie Mattek-Sands. Difficult to see Bethanie actually pulling off the upset but... can you imagine if she did?!

It was never gonna happen , serena has this won and deservedly so - although she is unbearable
    And a drama queen.

Poor rafi , he used to always dish out 5 set wins from 2-0 down - how things have changed for him ...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,969 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I wonder what the odds were on Fognini at 2-0 sets down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Wicklow Brave

walshb wrote: »
    I wonder what the odds were on Fognini at 2-0 sets down?

100/1. Nadal was as low as like 1.05, around 1/20.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,087 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Troicki, Young match was excellent, great comeback

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Looks like Bouchard is about to withdraw. Such a shame, undoubtedly the best tournament she's had all year and she goes and bangs her head.

Cilic could surprise everyone yet !

And still nobody would care.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Looks like Bouchard is about to withdraw. Such a shame, undoubtedly the best tournament she's had all year and she goes and bangs her head.

A real shame. Looking at her draw she actually had a decent enough shot at the semi-finals.

Imagine him defending his title :pac::eek:

This Bautista Agut match has been kinda fun, hasn't quite been the one-way traffic everyone would have expected

And still nobody would care.

:D poor Cilic, most unrecognized grand slam champ ever, must be the only player where people talk about his coach more then him ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Murray down to a set to Anderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Murray looked as if he just wasn't at the races last night. He just couldn't cope with Anderson's serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭WaterLily.

He couldn't cope with any of Anderson's game he was just too good.

As much as I like Murray I'm really pleased for Anderson, after seeing him play that match against Djokovic at Wimbledon I've really warmed to him. He is so hard working and seems like a nice guy, I'm glad things are coming together for him at the moment!

Johanna Konta had a fantastic run as well. Beating Muguruza, Petkovic and actually giving Kvitova a good test last night.

Murray must be disappointed, ah well he can buy himself a nice golden haggis with the prize money .. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 54,969 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Gutted for Murray, but at least my number 2, Stan is still there. Mouth watering semi with Roger. I am backing an in form Stan to beat Roger. I think if Stan hits form he was win the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭traco

Anybody know whats happened with Eurosport - no tennis on the schedule tonight?? Has Sky got exclusive on the last few days?? I'm on UPC and only have Eurosport 1 and 2

traco wrote: »
    Anybody know whats happened with Eurosport - no tennis on the schedule tonight?? Has Sky got exclusive on the last few days??

Is it the US Open where ES only have the rights to one of the courts and once you get past a certain point there's no tennis on that court. I think that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭traco

It's on Eurosport, channel 424 which according to UPC website I should have. However the Horizon system manages to transmit Eurosport 2 (425) and British Eurosport (423) but no 424. What a head wreck, I'm supposed to have the one I need but have two others of no use to me.

Gutted for Murray, but at least my number 2, Stan is still there. Mouth watering semi with Roger. I am backing an in form Stan to beat Roger. I think if Stan hits form he was win the tournament.

I think Djokovic will be out for him this time .

Tsonger just took Cilic to a 5th set after trailing 2-0 and saving 3 MPs...

I think Djokovic will be out for him this time .

Tsonger just took Cilic to a 5th set after trailing 2-0 and saving 3 MPs...

And everyone is raging because they're delaying Serena/Venus.

• Advertisement

Cilic in the semis zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Cilic in the semis zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Couldn't stay awake. Good effort by Tsonga - I was rooting for him...should have stayed awake maybe!

《《《SNIP》》》》

NOPE. WE'RE NOT GOING THERE.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭StillIntact

traco wrote: »
    It's on Eurosport, channel 424 which according to UPC website I should have. However the Horizon system manages to transmit Eurosport 2 (425) and British Eurosport (423) but no 424. What a head wreck, I'm supposed to have the one I need but have two others of no use to me.

UPC carries the British Eurosport channels and there is no live coverage of most of the second week on British Eurosport. Sky has those rights.

Novak-Stan final would be terrific, particularly after what happened in Paris.

Really hoping both Azarenka and Kvitova win today, and praying for a Serena-Kvitova final. This US Open has been a disaster for me, barely got to see any tennis :(

Novak-Stan final would be terrific, particularly after what happened in Paris.

Really hoping both Azarenka and Kvitova win today, and praying for a Serena-Kvitova final. This US Open has been a disaster for me, barely got to see any tennis :(

It's difficult allright, plus all the good matches are on the night sessions, so bummer.

btw, anyone know if Eurosport have a live streaming page on their UK site ?

Do they broadcast the US Open or Sky have exclusive rights ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭StillIntact

It's difficult allright, plus all the good matches are on the night sessions, so bummer.

btw, anyone know if Eurosport have a live streaming page on their UK site ?

Do they broadcast the US Open or Sky have exclusive rights ?

Sky have the rights for the remainder of the tournament. At least the finals are at reasonable times provided the weather is ok this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

There goes Kvitova, probably the last who could have prevented the Grand Slam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Imagine if Vinci somehow beats Serena??:eek::eek: The longest of long-shots but still!

Enjoying the Halep-Azarenka match.

• Advertisement

Poxy rain ... play suspended... was looking forward to Stan Anderson...

Advertisement