Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What an amazing find!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Love the decorations but love the cat more! Totally gives me a idea for a "our pets at christmas" thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

fussyonion wrote: »
    Hope you find a suitable place for it.
    I know the feeling; I don't have a fireplace so all my Christmas ornaments are going to be on window-ledges and make-shift shelves.
    Post a picture of your village when you set it up, won't you?

I have no mantelpiece and no windowsills! :( Stupid modern apartments...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

My girlfriend went charity shop shopping and picked up these bad boys. Originally from Macy's. Pic with bonus kitty!

OMG!!!!!!

Love them!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Cheers for the comments guys! We have an amazing set of Shiny Brites that we got a few years back, these will go great with them.

And yes, pets at Christmas!!! I've done the Pets board secret Santa for a few years now. It's good fun. I had a hamster a few years back who thoroughly enjoyed opening and using her presents- especially the Christmas pudding bed!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I bought these a couple of weeks ago in Penneys but just started wearing them at the weekend. Love them!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I got 2 torch sets and unicorn socks for the girls today in Aldi and more wrapping paper!! I have 6 rolls now:)
    I have my kids sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

miamee wrote: »
    I bought these a couple of weeks ago in Penneys but just started wearing them at the weekend. Love them!

OMG i need these in my life! Penneys you say.....:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

leahyl wrote: »
    OMG i need these in my life! Penneys you say.....:pac:

Yep, good oul Penneys. I think they were either €3.00 or €3.50 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I bought my dad a big walnut whip (well it doesn't have walnut but it does have whip!!) in M&S. It has a white chocolate top to make it look like a Christmas pudding.

I also missed a parcel while I was out so I'm hoping that's my mother's present.

Nearly there!

• Advertisement

Picked up some lovely wooden dolls house furniture in lidl today, they had some beautiful toys for anyone who has santa shopping to do. The furniture was going to be from us but thinking about letting santa fill the dolls house :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Picked up some lovely wooden dolls house furniture in lidl today, they had some beautiful toys for anyone who has santa shopping to do. The furniture was going to be from us but thinking about letting santa fill the dolls house :)

I was down there this morning in search of the Star Wars Action Figures. But there were none. :/

I stood in the cold for nowt!

I did get the 2 year old's farm yesterday though. On the Mothercare free toy event. Just have to source a tractor now to go in it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

It was crazy when I went down there this morning at 9.30 am! :o I managed to get a garage for 24.99 a wooden activity cube and car race track for 9.99 each and another reindeer for the garden at 18.99. I luckily got the last 2 star wars ships too! Spent a small fortune but worth it !

Yeah, it as very busy, I was there at 9 and I heard the staff saying that they had already restocked the wooden toys 3 times

My eldest is off sick today so had to try and buy things without her seeing, the set of my little ponies worked wonders :)

Yeah, it as very busy, I was there at 9 and I heard the staff saying that they had already restocked the wooden toys 3 times

My eldest is off sick today so had to try and buy things without her seeing, the set of my little ponies worked wonders :)

Ah hope she feels better soon. I had to try pick up some selection boxes while my eldest was with me once I felt like bond trying to shove them in the trolley and keep them hidden lol :) I'd well believe it! Place was packed! :o

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I bought loads today. I replaced the fairy lights for my Christmas tree, got a set of light up gift boxes, two big rope lights for outside and a boring but practical outdoor electrical socket.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

We bought them for our infant classrooms, the two teachers got the last of them 5 mins after opening time!

I headed to Pennys after work to buy the Late Late Toy show pjs for my younger godchildren and Christmas jumpers for the teenagers.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Just came home to a missed parcel docket. It's either my Christmas train, my Christmas bedspread or my Christmas cushion covers. Either way it's Christmassy. I also remembered a few more things I got today. A long sleeved elf t-shirt for S and I ordered a printing of the book I made for him; The Advent-urous Tomte, about a gnome from Sweden (where my brother lives) who comes to live on our Christmas tree.

Tomte_cover.jpg
    free image uploading

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Santy was busy.

Got the kids' jigsaws and the older lads' Care Bear Cheer Bear (which I love so much I want it myself) and his Star Wars Action Figures (thank you Amazon).

I'm also in charge of choosing presents for the kids from my mum, so I got a Scooby Mystery Machine lego kit and an Aquadoodle.

I'm ridiculously ahead of the game this year, but I love it.

EDIT - I also picked up a load of crap decorations for my desk in the 2 Euro shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Visited the m50 Christmas shop at Coldwinters,I wanted to take some pictures for you guys but wasn't sure if I'd be able to post, Maybe next tome I will it's a great shop, I bought a couple of these today, I have been hunting for gold Christmas stocking holders for awhile

• Advertisement

SarahLil wrote: »
    Visited the m50 Christmas shop at Coldwinters,I wanted to take some pictures for you guys but wasn't sure if I'd be able to post, Maybe next tome I will it's a great shop, I bought a couple of these today, I have been hunting for gold Christmas stocking holders for awhile

That looks lovely SarahLil! :) so jealous! I can't wait to get to walk around the shops :D

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    That looks lovely SarahLil! :) so jealous! I can't wait to get to walk around the shops :D

Thanks I bought two for my fireplace for the two of us, it's a good shop, it had so many things il defiantly take pictures the next time, the had a full size Santa post box with SC on it like the one in Macys in the states, plus they had a Santa throne I think that was 1500 euro, I know how you feel I'm itching to get the tree up and get into full Christmas mode

Thanks I bought two for my fireplace for the two of us, it's a good shop, it had so many things il defiantly take pictures the next time, the had a full size Santa post box with SC on it like the one in Macys in the states, plus they had a Santa throne I think that was 1500 euro, I know how you feel I'm itching to get the tree up and get into full Christmas mode

Hmm wonder would Mr glitzgirl finally have me committed if I told him I was going to buy a throne for santa to sit on :p sounds awesome !

Tomorrow is my eldest lads annual putting up his Christmas tree party where we turn on a film wear santa hats open some sweets and he essentially throws decorations at his tree to see where they stick :p normally all in one area ... In the middle of the tree lol :)

Hmm wonder would Mr glitzgirl finally have me committed if I told him I was going to buy a throne for santa to sit on :p sounds awesome !

Tomorrow is my eldest lads annual putting up his Christmas tree party where we turn on a film wear santa hats open some sweets and he essentially throws decorations at his tree to see where they stick :p normally all in one area ... In the middle of the tree lol :)

Oh brilliant this time tomorrow evening you'll have a beautiful tree to look at all cosiest up after your movie, there so funny kids my godson helped me last year with mine he was all excited than soon enough it wore off and like that I had a tree with all decorations in the one place, he's a little dote he bought me a decoration this week (a snowman bell) because I was under the weather he's such a good kid,

Oh brilliant this time tomorrow evening you'll have a beautiful tree to look at all cosiest up after your movie, there so funny kids my godson helped me last year with mine he was all excited than soon enough it wore off and like that I had a tree with all decorations in the one place, he's a little dote he bought me a decoration this week (a snowman bell) because I was under the weather he's such a good kid,

Ah he sounds adorable SarahLil !:)

That's the dogs all bought for and dress for Christmas. Thank you dealz! :D

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I was down there this morning in search of the Star Wars Action Figures. But there were none. :/

I stood in the cold for nowt!

I did get the 2 year old's farm yesterday though. On the Mothercare free toy event. Just have to source a tractor now to go in it. :D

Das Kitty there are star wars toys coming into aldi soon too if you check out their special buys page online !

Got some lovely foil gift bags, going to do a little mini hamper for teachers etc with cookies, gingerbread, mince pie and mini bottles of baileys

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

That's the dogs all bought for and dress for Christmas. Thank you dealz! :D
    Do they do them in horse sizes??:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Got some lovely foil gift bags, going to do a little mini hamper for teachers etc with cookies, gingerbread, mince pie and mini bottles of baileys
    As a teacher, I pray you are one of "my parents!!"

Just to add that as teachers , we don't expect gifts, we, like others know that money can be tight at this time of the year. A sincere note on a handmade card is absolutely treasured.

If you DO want to do something else , a small cake for the staffroom (sent in the week before the hols) is always much appreciated, but there is no compulsion.

Advertisement