Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Das Kitty there are star wars toys coming into aldi soon too if you check out their special buys page online !

I saw! Hopefully they'll have them and I can return the one I spent 40 euro on. :D

Today I bought some Victorian lantern tree lights in Homestore. Had the half price code so 12.50 is all they cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

As a teacher, I pray you are one of "my parents!!"

Just to add that as teachers , we don't expect gifts, we, like others know that money can be tight at this time of the year. A sincere note on a handmade card is absolutely treasured.

If you DO want to do something else , a small cake for the staffroom (sent in the week before the hols) is always much appreciated, but there is no compulsion.

Not you I'm afraid, it's a montessori school so no staff room. It's my daughters first year and they have been so lovely, just wanted to say thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Do they do them in horse sizes??:D:D:D

Ha you could try the hat if you stretch it a bit lol :)

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I saw! Hopefully they'll have them and I can return the one I spent 40 euro on. :D

Today I bought some Victorian lantern tree lights in Homestore. Had the half price code so 12.50 is all they cost.

Do you know if it's all lights on half price or just tree lights ? I want to pick up some window net curtain lights again this year !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Do you know if it's all lights on half price or just tree lights ? I want to pick up some window net curtain lights again this year !

Just tree lights according to the email I got.

• Advertisement

Just tree lights according to the email I got.

I have to say I have been a bit disappointed with homestore and more over last 2 years. About 3 years ago they had half price cushions or home decorations for the last two years it's been tabLe linens and tree lights :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

No present shopping today but picked up a fab woolie hat for my trip to New York and used up a voucher I had for riverisland picked up a messenger bag it will be ideal for the trip too, I had a nice ramble around town with my aunt went into the GPO to have a look at their decoration displays, the same as last year but I still like to go in every Christmas it's a tradition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I bought the tacky (but great) Christmas train from home store and more, couple of window stickers, couple of Christmas lantern tea light holders, and 200 more led lights which I've no idea where I'm going to put.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The tins are really tiny. Still nice but they look bigger in the photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

Just bought the pie face game, a card quiz game for after dinner. A flutter fairy and am beginning my shopping. I'm officially excited.

Had a lovely walk around the shops today and got a little santa salt and pepper shaker set, and butter dish and tubs of celebrations were 4.99 in aldi so I obviously bought ahem a few :p good day overall !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Got Christmas themed juggling bean bag balls in M and S. 8 euro per pack but part of their 3 for 2 offer. Want to try them myself but have reluctantly put them aside for Christmas stockings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

Das Kitty wrote: »
    The tins are really tiny. Still nice but they look bigger in the photo.

Got them in dealz. The tin now house little Frozen figures

http://www.dealz.ie/disney-frozen-cookie-tin-assorted-designs-150g

• Registered Users Posts: 38,010 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not buying for the sisters this year, have 80% of the shopping done. Only buying for the neice, nephew and father.single I'm afraid this year yet again but feck it an Xmas to enjoy by myself I suppose anyway bought the neice and nephew Irish football kids jerseys 2 for 40 Euro wasn't bad. Going to buy the bad tickets to the 6 nations Wales game if I can get them

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Got lights in homestore and more today for half price. Delighted with the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Finally a managed to select a mahjong set for my sister in law. Glad we are doing secret Santa with all of them this year, 3 less presents to buy!

Christmas markets open this weekend here in Germany! So excited! I'll be broke :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'm out of the country. I bought a fancy square box (like a box of tissues) with 12 fortune cookies for €2.75

Will be fun aftrr dinner on Christmas day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Went to boots yesterday for 1 particular item and the item just happened to be in the 3 for 2 section.... I left 1 hour, 9 items and a small fortune later :pac: Sorted out all of the women in OHS family with pressies, he usually panics christmas week and asks me to do this anyway so I said I'd save myself the hassle an get in there before he asked this year. And sure if the stuff was buy 3 get one free, why wouldn't I treat myself with the free items :D:D

Went to boots yesterday for 1 particular item and the item just happened to be in the 3 for 2 section.... I left 1 hour, 9 items and a small fortune later :pac: Sorted out all of the women in OHS family with pressies, he usually panics christmas week and asks me to do this anyway so I said I'd save myself the hassle an get in there before he asked this year. And sure if the stuff was buy 3 get one free, why wouldn't I treat myself with the free items :D:D

I love it ! Save the hassle and stress shop in advance and get a gift ! That is the way to shop !! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I bought looooaadss today. First I went to the post office and picked up my Christmas train, Christmas bedspread and Christmas cushion covers that had all arrived. Then I got a plate, bowl and cup set for S in Penneys, and a few photo-baubles, a decoration painting kit and a Santa teddy with Santa Blanket in Eurogiant. S initially had no interest in the Santa teddy but when we got home I pretended to talk through the Santa and S is in love. He kept giving me the teddy and telling me he needed to talk to Santa again. It was great. Santa's all cuddled up in the bed with him now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just ordered personalised letter from Santa for my three nephews and my god-daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

I got my farmers calendar yesterday oh they are so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Milly33 wrote: »
    I got my farmers calendar yesterday oh they are so funny

Where did you get it Milly. My daughter would love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭Milly33

I got my one online the link is stuck there but if it is something like irish farming calendar, they give money to Bothar for it me thinks..it is really funny now I must say

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I finally got a second set of Tesco multifunction lights for less than half price!! (full price E37 - sale price E15!!)
    Got them last year around the same time, and have had two different sets of lights last and this year that had different speeds, and it has drove me mad, so I am delighted that the two sets are now in sync with each other!!
    Two sets for the less than the price of one, RESULT!!! Thank you Tescos!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

all my shopping is done :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I bought a beautiful trunk to use as S's Christmas Eve box. It's not specifically Christmassy but is covered in vintage teddies so has a gorgeous traditional look. I also got Santa's plate and cup to put inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I bought a dressing gown with the OH initials embroidered on it, PJ's (sort of) from Victoria's Secret, and some perfume.

All I need now is yoga stuff for her, a hot water bottle and maybe a surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

Bought myself a Christmas tree decoration from the Disney Store hehe! And with their seasonal deal, I got a Minnie Mouse Christmas teddy for a special little baba for a tenner because I spent more than 15 quid on the ornament! :D

Nearly died when I saw Minnie's Original pricetag was €30!!! :eek:

Thank Santa for special offers :o

Advertisement