Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Was out and about today and went to Homestore - didn't buy anything but it was like Christmas threw up in there :-P I went to Mahon Point too and it's all decked out for the festive season! Then went to my local dunnes and bought 3 boxes of clear fairy lights (we're going with the clear ones this year!) and a heavenly smelling cinnamon and fire log scented candle!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    We're the Christmas fire guards in again this year ? Every year I miss them ! Determined to get one this year !

I didn't see any, we did two laps of our three year old fell asleep in the car and only woke as we were leaving, so we had to go again!

They really do have some great stuff and I'm thrilled with the new rug too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I didn't see any, we did two laps of our three year old fell asleep in the car and only woke as we were leaving, so we had to go again!

They really do have some great stuff and I'm thrilled with the new rug too

Is it a Christmas rug!?! :)

Is it a Christmas rug!?! :)

No, but it's in the room that I'm putting the new tree so it'll get christmassy

Just bought tickets to star wars, present request from the hubby

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

@Glitzgirl i saw some Christmas Fire Guards in a Eurostore .I just glanced as i dont have a fireplace but loved the idea. I think they were maybe about €20

• Advertisement

applesock wrote: »
    @Glitzgirl i saw some Christmas Fire Guards in a Eurostore .I just glanced as i dont have a fireplace but loved the idea. I think they were maybe about €20

Thanks for the tip ! Another shop to add to my list ! :)

No, but it's in the room that I'm putting the new tree so it'll get christmassy

Just bought tickets to star wars, present request from the hubby

I have to ask?! Bought tickets to star wars? That for the new movie !?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leanonme

I have moved into my own house this year so have to get all the xmas stuff. Picked up a few bits so far, but cant anyone recommend some where to get a good quality fake 7ft tree, someone that possibly got one, and any recommendations for all the other bits and pieces.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leanonme wrote: »
    I have moved into my own house this year so have to get all the xmas stuff. Picked up a few bits so far, but cant anyone recommend some where to get a good quality fake 7ft tree, someone that possibly got one, and any recommendations for all the other bits and pieces.

I've got a great 7ft tree from homestore and more it looks amazing. I can't wait to assemble it!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

applesock wrote: »

I saw them there today. They looked very impressive!

• Advertisement

I have to ask?! Bought tickets to star wars? That for the new movie !?

Yep, it's out on 17th so booked tickets for that night, should be the start to his Christmas holidays so nice way to kick start the relaxation

Yep, it's out on 17th so booked tickets for that night, should be the start to his Christmas holidays so nice way to kick start the relaxation

Oh Lord my OH must not have heard you can pre book the tickets already or he would have been hinting like no one's business for tickets for him and my eldest ! Sssh say nothing ! :o

I'm sure he'll love it lovely Way to start the holiday celebrations !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Gift shopping is well under way now! We were going to take advantage of the Argos 3 for 2 but one of the toys was out of stock and it turned out everything we wanted was much much cheaper on Amazon. Bought Pop-up Pirate for my nephew and a Shopkins (whatever the hell that is) ice cream truck for my husband's niece. Got some Calvin Klein smelly stuff for my dad (his request - he loves that kind of thing!) and a Michael McIntyre DVD for my brother in law. Oh and an adult colouring book for my sister.

Then I added a mould for making chocolates, a non-contact thermometer to help with tempering chocolate, and a massive bag of chocolate chips (we always have keep a massive bag of them in the house for baking) so that's the edible gifts side of things sorted.

All from the comfort of our lovely, warm house! Online shopping is the best.

If anyone is looking to buy something that only ships to the UK, Parcel Wizard is a new Parcel Motel type of thing, except they'll deliver to your house and they're offering 3 free deliveries before the end of the year. You can also change the delivery address if you realise that you'll be in work or wherever when the delivery is due. I used it for a couple of things (like the Calvin Klein stuff) that couldn't be delivered to Ireland.

I took advantage of the 3 for 2 in boots and got some great no 7 sets for the godmother and older nieces, h&m clothes for younger nieces and obligatory socks for himself (which he requested)

I also picked up my cake ingredients and am going to make it next weekend

Edit: also picked up a box of heroes, have fallen out of love with roses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Picked these up for EUR 2.50 each in Next. Not sure yet who they're going to :)

2hf73vo.jpg

If anyone is looking to buy something that only ships to the UK, Parcel Wizard is a new Parcel Motel type of thing, except they'll deliver to your house and they're offering 3 free deliveries before the end of the year. You can also change the delivery address if you realise that you'll be in work or wherever when the delivery is due. I used it for a couple of things (like the Calvin Klein stuff) that couldn't be delivered to Ireland.

That sounds ideal ! My OH is always saving stuff on an amazon wish list and half of them wont deliver to Ireland, it's such a pain :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Gave in and bought MORE mugs, but in my defense, they WERE on sale.The staff in the Kilkenny shop must be sick of me
    http://www.kilkennyshop.com/star-buys/star-buys/shannonbridge-holly-mug-set-s.html

Nicholas Mosse is having customer evening this week. 20% or so off if you are the mailing list. Might be worth blagging your way in or at least get on the mailing list for next year. If you see someone being dragged screaming from the seconds section at closing time on Weds, ,that will be me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭uli84

Sorry to bother- may I ask if Anybody seen anywhere NOEL signs where the letters are not joined together? Thank you guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭toddunctious

uli84 wrote: »
    Sorry to bother- may I ask if Anybody seen anywhere NOEL signs where the letters are not joined together? Thank you guys!

in dunnes http://www.dunnesstores.com/noel-standing-letters/home-decorations/dunnesstores/fcp-product/7708563?colour=cream
    not sure if you mean script or physically joined
    maybe you could buy some wooden letters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Jude13

Bought a fake Christmas tree last night, I would love a real one but just too much hassle. I would be more excited and maybe even have taken it out of its box but I am dying with a strep throat. I usually get it at Christmas so I guess Im getting it out of the way now.

We also got a Santa type jumper for a wine bottle. There were lovely knitted stockings that held cutlery but we were late for he cinema so had to go. I will get them next time.

• Advertisement

Delighted ! Finally got a character for a computer game my son plays and this little dude was so hard to get. Have been looking for it literally all year and Amazon finally had it in stock! Was able to order him today ! Baymax you tricky little git, I got you at last ! :D:D can't wait to see his little face when he opens it on Christmas day !

Christmas bedding arrived in the post today.. kids were more pleased with the box than they were it's contents ... :D

Christmas bedding arrived in the post today.. kids were more pleased with the box than they were it's contents ... :D

Santa sorted ;)

Got the bulk of my gifts this morning, all very practical, thanks homestore! Forgot to get the snow spray again!

Ordered this for my daughters godfather for Christmas, we don't do gifts as a family as there are too many of us, but we buy for the kids and the kids (me) buy for godparents and grandparents

Santa sorted ;)

Haha yea would have saved me a small fortune :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭screamer

A light up picture of Santa my little one had to have it. Very traditional but lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Belox

Just ordered Granvela® Heart Shape Cofee cups for my girlfriend..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Got these pudding salt and pepper shakers in Dunnes today. :)

xlCcckf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Got a delivery of Fortnum and mason goodies in the post from brown Thomas today, Christmas stocking up is underway :) although we don't bother with presents much as we get what we want when we want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Jude13 wrote: »
    Bought a fake Christmas tree last night, I would love a real one but just too much hassle. I would be more excited and maybe even have taken it out of its box but I am dying with a strep throat. I usually get it at Christmas so I guess Im getting it out of the way now.

We also got a Santa type jumper for a wine bottle. There were lovely knitted stockings that held cutlery but we were late for he cinema so had to go. I will get them next time.

What shop?

Advertisement