Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Got our cards and wrapping paper today. As I was choosing the cards I realised that Christmas Shoes was being played, so that put a bit of a downer on the whole thing.

Picked up a last little present for my husband too, and organised for my sister to pick up my brother's present. (Otherwise I'd be paying €4 delivery for it to me sent to Dublin from Cork so that I can bring it back down to Cork again to give it to him! Handier for my sister to pick it up since she lives so close to the place!)

The shopping centre was MENTAL today. The car parks was all nearly full. I was parked on the roof of a 4 storey car park. And then Ikea was mental too. Why is everyone shopping today?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

And then Ikea was mental too. Why is everyone shopping today?

That's a good question, considering today is Cyber Monday most of the shopping today should be done online.

I'd imagine it's busy today due to people thinking they're being clever by skipping Black Friday and waiting for today hoping to grab a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Loughc wrote: »
    That's a good question, considering today is Cyber Monday most of the shopping today should be done online.

I'd imagine it's busy today due to people thinking they're being clever by skipping Black Friday and waiting for today hoping to grab a bargain.

I'd imagine kids being in school too parents thought it be easier to pop out to shops today without kids with them

I think you might be right. I thought that it would be quiet because it's Cyber Monday but a lot of the shops are still doing Black Friday specials. Are some of the kids off school today? I saw a lot of teenagers out shopping.

I think you might be right. I thought that it would be quiet because it's Cyber Monday but a lot of the shops are still doing Black Friday specials. Are some of the kids off school today? I saw a lot of teenagers out shopping.

Not that I know off but it wouldn't be unheard of for teens go take a day off to go shopping either ;) definitely primary schools are all still in anyway !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Just bought a Kobo Aura HD e-reader as a Christmas present for my parents. They both love reading but have never used an E-reader. :) Will be a nice surprise, great for bringing abroad too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

GGA2Sf2.jpg?2

Got my TIN of Quality Street!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Posy wrote: »

Got my TIN of Quality Street!!! :D

Have almost eaten mine!

I went to the shopping centre to buy some groceries and came home with 2 sets of battery operated lights and a scarf for my sister, all from Penneys.

One set of lights is for the mantelpiece and the other is for my husband's desk at work.

D35397118040154-large.jpg

But, the best thing is that I got reindeer antlers for the car! I've wanted them for years but I always left it too late. They were only €5 in Penneys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

2 Yankee candles, two large jars for 45euro www.yankee.ie

Picked up this deer from Dealz 1.49 raging I didn't get another my aunt is on the hunt for me for another, when I went back to get another they had none left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

A lot!! Finished off helping Santa with the shopping for our daughter with small bits and pieces from every toy shop :) and then trips to BOSE and CompuB for expensive adult requests and finished off the shopping :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

A Singer Sewing machine for my wife as she's into arts and crafts and always wanted one. Its a heavy duty one from Argos. It was meant to be for Christmas but she caught me bringing it into the house. Its being tested out as we speak! :) oh well :)

Shopping for materials this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Picked up two tiny snow covered trees in lidl

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh I remember getting those in Lidl last year! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ordered my tree skirt. Dark red and satiny. I'm going into town on Saturday and I'm going to buy some of that kitty wrapping paper that Ali was showing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Bright blue DM boots, some loot from the Book Depository and a lovely duvet cover with a stag printed on it from Heaton's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Bought myself some Adele tickets today :D:D:D

OMG what didn't I buy today. Really I shouldn't be allowed out by myself to wander through the shops at this time of year :) Mr glitzgirl is going to try take my card away at this rate ... may hide it lol :D;) ok so today I bought a Christmas themed tea pot and sugar bowl and milk jug for my hot chocolate bar. I got more glass and silver baubles for my tree. New stockings for all of us and new table cloth for the kids for the month of December. Sure everything was 20%-70% off ... it be a crime to not take advantage of those deals ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I ordered the Irelandopedia book yesterday to send to my brother in nz. Ordered it at 3.15pm from O Mahoneys, got a dispatch email at 3.45pm and had my book at 12pm today. Now that's a good service :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Advertisement

I ordered the Irelandopedia book yesterday to send to my brother in nz. Ordered it at 3.15pm from O Mahoneys, got a dispatch email at 3.45pm and had my book at 12pm today. Now that's a good service :D

I won that recently. Well actually I won a different (but similar) book and they sent me the wrong one! It's lovely, isn't it? That's amazing service.

Yep, it's fab toto :D My brother is married and settled over in nz and they had their first baby during the year so I thought it'd be lovely for him to show his wife (and daughter when she gets old enough!) some proper Irish culture without all the shamrocks and leprechauns :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I bought slippers for my father in law from the girls and some Chelsea stuff for the little lad next door. I had also ordered 2 of the special edition Alex and Ani snowflake bangles and those arrived. My daughters boots also arrived from new look so it was a good day. I had most of my presents bought and wrapped back in October but I'm still picking up bits and pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Picked up some sparkly earrings in the Kilkenny Shop for a friend (50% off), 2 of the Liz Earle Hot Polish Cloth Sets in Boots and a voucher in Waterstones - not very original but I know my friend will love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ok so have most of my shopping dome now, got a pjs for my sister in law to be (she asked for fleece ones!) In Dunnes - lovely ones in a box for 20e which I suppose was a bit steep but it came with a fluffy eye mask too!

Picked up a secret santa present in dunnes too for a Christmas jumper party I'm going to next week - red star cookie cutters and a small christmassy kilner type jar.

Also got various ingredients for different things I'm baking like cookies, brownies, cupcakes etc!

Need to order a l'occitane gift set for my sister in law also online and get my brothers gift and then I think I'm sorted!

Doing most of my wrapping and card writing tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

I got my dad a DVD boxset of Fawlty Towers. I was in desperate need of some ideas. At least that's one other thing I have for him now. My mam always does better at Christmas as she is a lot easier to buy for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭uli84

Anybody seen christmas tea in any of the shops?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I got my dad a DVD boxset of Fawlty Towers. I was in desperate need of some ideas. At least that's one other thing I have for him now. My mam always does better at Christmas as she is a lot easier to buy for.

I also have the same problem Dads are so hard to buy for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

Only fools and horses too? Watched it recently with fawlty towers on Netflix. Aftershave is also another option. James Bond collection is €50 in lidl or Aldi. Depends on the person you're buying for though.

• Advertisement

I was thinking of the Clint Eastwood collection for my auld fella but I missed the offer on amazon :(

Advertisement