Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

That's a lovely box. Where did you get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

iguana wrote: »
    That's a lovely box. Where did you get it?

Dunnes! I saw them there myself last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That's a really nice box. Must have a look. How many bottles would it fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

That's a really nice box. Must have a look. How many bottles would it fit?

Box is from dunnes as another poster said, it's medium sized one for 15 (I've also bought the small ones for €10 for our Christmas eve boxes)

I've filled it already, so it's got 5 x 500ml bottles and 5 x 330ml bottles, but could easily fit some more. It would definitely take 15 x 330ml bottles

Thanks for that. I have some 330ml, some 500ml and one 750ml so that sounds perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Box is from dunnes as another poster said, it's medium sized one for 15 (I've also bought the small ones for €10 for our Christmas eve boxes)

I've filled it already, so it's got 5 x 500ml bottles and 5 x 330ml bottles, but could easily fit some more. It would definitely take 15 x 330ml bottles

Ooh what are you putting in the Christmas eve boxes? I'm thinking of doing some this year with pajamas for everyone, some treats and maybe a book or dvd for the kids. Looking for inspiration!

Ooh what are you putting in the Christmas eve boxes? I'm thinking of doing some this year with pajamas for everyone, some treats and maybe a book or dvd for the kids. Looking for inspiration!

I have pjs, a decoration for the tree, reindeer slippers, I'm going to make some gingerbread and some white chocolate and cranberry cookies. Might also throw in some mini marshmallows for the hot chocolate, hoping to watch Arthur Christmas once we open it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

My last gift is bought! Why buy a hamper when you can buy a box and fill it with craft beer! It'll definitely be a merry Christmas

Where and what craft beers did you buy? I'm struggling to think of something for my hubby and that sounds like something he would enjoy! Lol

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Where and what craft beers did you buy? I'm struggling to think of something for my hubby and that sounds like something he would enjoy! Lol

I went to obriens, they have a great selection of IPAs. I got some of the 8 degree ones, haven't seen those before and they looked very interesting, one is called sunburnt Irish :) I also picked up some of his favourites

I couldn't think of anything else to get, so hoping he's happy with it.

Cherrycola wrote: »

Do you know what sort of beers he likes? If not, any of the off licences will put together a hamper of different styles for you. If you know what types of beer he likes then maybe ask a staff member to recommend some good beers in that style. My husband doesn't like IPAs or wheat beers, and he's a massive fan of stouts, so usually buy him some of that and a few other styles. I don't drink beer at all but I know a fair amount about it now from discussing it with him and I know exactly what to buy for him. It's well worth finding out what your husband likes if you're going to buy beer for him at any stage.

If you have a Molloys near you they usually have little cards in front of some of the beers that give the Ratebeer rating, and cards that say if something is new. They're really helpful as a starting point. If he likes IPAs you're sorted because there are 45 billion IPAs available and more coming all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭aisling86

That a a great box alright I am doing a craft beer advent calendar for my hubby. I was going to use 2 beer crates, stacked on their side so it looks like a wine rack. Just need to get to buy 25 bottles now without him noticing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Went a bit mad over the past few days...

A set of Christmas tins in Lidl for €4.99
    A bunch of ribbons in Lidl €2.49 for a three pack and I got about five of them
    A Christmas jug in Woodies €5.99
    Christmas PJs in Penneys
    A Late Late Toy Show jumper
    A white penguin Christmas jumper also from Penneys
    Christmas Duvet set in Homestore & More €34.99

Aaaand then I wonder why I'm broke.

So, needed to get something to protect my lovely table which is slowly being destroyed by the kids and cat, picked up a beautiful red polka dot one.

I could not resist the Christmas one though, can find a pic online so will post once I have it on.

So this is my Christmas one, with the red one on the table

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Went to Yankee, my mothership!

368537.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

He will drink anything, loves to try new beers so that wont be a problem! :D
    Thanks for all the info!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

That's a great idea. So many people have started making Christmas hampers and it always seems to be difficult to get supplies for them. Well done Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭matchthis

Where did you get this, it's perfect

• Advertisement

matchthis wrote: »
    Where did you get this, it's perfect

Homefocus hickeys, it's not on their website but picked it up in carrickmines today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Fab

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Made a quick trip to Aldi on the hunt for kids pjs, picked up a pair of kids dinosaur pjs for 3.79 they have T Rex on them with a Santa hat saying Have A Snappy Christmas, the are part of a present for a little guy dinosaur mad

Got the last of the presents for the kids in our lives today. Managed to get a couple of decent bargains in Smyths. It was pretty busy there. Usually the part of the car park outside Smyths would be empty on a Monday morning but it was full. Lots of moms and dads with trolleys!

Picked up a couple of other bits too so I'm nearly finished the present shopping now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Just brought my eldest off to his nannys to pick out his Christmas tree decoration. He gets one every year for his little tree ! :) a very bitter sweet day to be honest he's happy he got his little tradition and his new decoration for his tree so he doesn't notice any difference, but this year I had to take him over to her shop while she was working and she wasn't inclined to make time to do it with him on her own time. Such a shame when grandparents don't want to make an effort to see their grandkids :( I couldn't imagine not being close to mine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Not necessarily bought today, but some Christmas gifts arrived this morning from Amazon.
    I loved the soft "thud thud" of the parcels hitting the mat!

So that's Doc Martin on DVD for my Mam, a few different movies for Dad and a set of make-up brushes for my sister.

I have to go out and buy lots more gifts and I am expecting more deliveries this week, but it's nice to finally get started.

Oh, and there was a note from the postman to say he missed me and there was another parcel in the delivery office, so off I go there tomorrow :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Bargain!

Adorables! Wine charms from dealz €1.49

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm the same fussyonion. Nothing bought but my Little People Christmas Village arrived today. Can't wait to set it up though the sideboard I want to have it on is probably too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

iguana wrote: »
    I'm the same fussyonion. Nothing bought but my Little People Christmas Village arrived today. Can't wait to set it up though the sideboard I want to have it on is probably too small.

Hope you find a suitable place for it.
    I know the feeling; I don't have a fireplace so all my Christmas ornaments are going to be on window-ledges and make-shift shelves.
    Post a picture of your village when you set it up, won't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

My girlfriend went charity shop shopping and picked up these bad boys. Originally from Macy's. Pic with bonus kitty!

368798.jpeg

Advertisement