Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Bought this for my little guy today. It's 100% cotton and his birthday so I couldn't not.
    http://guineys.ie/bed-bath/duvet-cover-sets/100-cotton-santa-express-single-duvet-set.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭Jude13

What shop?

Sorry, it was Crate and Barrell. I don't live on the Emerald Isle anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Got a red cushion with Noel on it in silver, some Christmas candles and some battery operated tea lights in Penneys. I have loads of lanterns, some Christmassy, some not, so looking forward to setting them up.

I want to get a nice wreath for the door, has anyone seen anything? The ones in M&S are a bit too dear and the ones in Penneys are too small :/

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭G&T22

My mum got a nice wreath in Homestore & more only €10!

I bought a bathroom set for my downstairs loo. It has a soap dispenser, tooth brush holder and soap dish in Heatons and a Santa's washing line garland.
    http://www.heatonsstores.com/novelty-ceramic-set-9945767

They also have good value on wreaths.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a hardwearing plastic tablecloth? I need a plastic one that I can wipe down easily but a tough one as I want to have it on the table for the whole season rather than just the day itself. I bought one in a discount shop for €1.50 a couple of years ago but it's so flimsy that it's really only good for doubling it up and using it to wrap the box that my porch tree stands on. I prefer cute cartoonish ones to classy ones as we don't have Christmas dinner at home and I want it to appeal to my 3 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

iguana wrote: »
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a hardwearing plastic tablecloth? I need a plastic one that I can wipe down easily but a tough one as I want to have it on the table for the whole season rather than just the day itself. I bought one in a discount shop for €1.50 a couple of years ago but it's so flimsy that it's really only good for doubling it up and using it to wrap the box that my porch tree stands on. I prefer cute cartoonish ones to classy ones as we don't have Christmas dinner at home and I want it to appeal to my 3 year old.

Try Guineys in store if you are near one or Boyers

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Went to Next to get these Christmas cards but they didn't have them. :eek: The search is on!

761-516s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭droidman123

Went to Next to get these Christmas cards but they didn't have them. :eek: The search is on!

761-516s.jpg

I think amazon have them

Or try redbubble,an american site but i think they deliver to ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'd advise looking at the on the roll vinyls/ oil cloth in fabric stores like Hickeys or WM Trimmings. You can get the exact size you want and they are really heavy and good quality- my Mam swore by them.

This one is cute but not very "cartoony". Nice and bright for a youngster though! They probably will have Christmas fabrics in the actual stores now/ soon.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

^^ I was going to suggest the oilcloth in Guiney's too! I bought a couple of metres of it there 2 years ago and it's still going strong on our kitchen table. really easy to clean, just wipe down. This is the only Christmas one I can see on the Guiney's website now but they might have more in the next few weeks or more variety in-store.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,081 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Got this delivered for the queen beer today.

IMAG2110.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 44 santry

I have gotten tablecloths in Heatons but they may be a bit classic as opposed to cartoonish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Guineys and Boyers definitely have the oil cloth ones I seen some ones suitable for youngsters about 2 weeks ago, I got my table cloth and runner from Guineys I missed out last year they must have flew out

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

5 of these, three 1sts and 2 seconds, with the mailing list discount, happy days! 4 more pressies done, possibly 5 if I can part with it! http://nicholasmosse.com/products/quiche-dish-reindeer-1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭matchthis

Adverts? http://www.adverts.ie/3867606

Got one from them a few months ago. Nice heavy one and still going strong. Think it was about €18 delivered. Has other ones, I settled for the beige with white polka dots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Woo! Finally got one in Lidl today for my garden ! :D made my day :)

I have white wicker versions of those. Can't wait to get them out.

When are you guys putting stuff in the garden?

Jude13 wrote: »
    I have white wicker versions of those. Can't wait to get them out.

When are you guys putting stuff in the garden?

I love the wicker set but my dogs would use them as a chew toy. Poor kids be psychologically damaged when we come home some day and see the dog eating the reindeer :o

We will put them out the day of the toy show. All the outdoor lights will be put up over the next week or two and will only be turned on here the last night of November /1st December.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Went to lidl also and picked up this lovely LED ceramic

As an aside, for any coeliacs I picked up gf mince pies, going to taste now with a cup of coffee

As an aside, for any coeliacs I picked up gf mince pies, going to taste now with a cup of coffee

Is this in all Lidls? I will ned to hit that when I am home for Christmas.

As another aside M&S are doing GF platters. Nom nom

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    Is this in all Lidls? I will ned to hit that when I am home for Christmas.

As another aside M&S are doing GF platters. Nom nom

Yep, all in lidl, they have some great stuff. And mince pies were delish, had two just to make sure :)

Went into guineys today and got a fantastic oilcloth. I got enough for my dining table, my coffee table and possibly my porch table too, all for €13.50. I'll post a photo when I'm on my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I happened to be looking in my spam folder the other day and noticed an email from M&S with 30% off so we used it today to get my mother in law her gift. My husband got her in the family kris kindle and the budget is €50 so the discount meant we were able to spend more than the budget on her. She's lovely so it's nice to be able to get her a slightly nicer gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Today I bought an advent calendar in Tesco (the €1 one) and a twine length of rope with silver wooden snowflakes hanging off it in TK Maxx which makes me SO HAPPY even though I honestly have no idea where I'm going to put it, and I bought gold spray in the euro shop to get going on some crafty stuff over the weekend. I also bought a pillar candle in Penneys for €3 and I'm already planning on going back for more. Apparently I won't be content until my apartment is a bona fide fire hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Just ordered some Christmassy candle things from Arnotts. The Avoca ones are half price.

Single red votive

Set of three white

Kinda feel like I have enough candles now but we'll see what else is reduced... :pac:

I am off to buy my last christmas gift, a beer hamper for the hubby. Never been this organised before, just need to wrap it all now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Valentina wrote: »
    Just ordered some Christmassy candle things from Arnotts. The Avoca ones are half price.

Single red votive

Set of three white

Kinda feel like I have enough candles now but we'll see what else is reduced... :pac:

OMG they are gorgeous, I really want them but I'd have to pay delivery then and don't want to....

My tablecloth.
    Picture_30.png
    forum image hosting

Buying tubs of sweets for the stockings today ! Must remember to hide them when I get home now or the kids or myself.. :o will have them gone before the weekend us over ! :pac:

• Advertisement

My last gift is bought! Why buy a hamper when you can buy a box and fill it with craft beer! It'll definitely be a merry Christmas

Advertisement