Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 4 Transfer Thread (adios Rooney gu'lad)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Lemlin wrote: »
    Myhill McCarthy
    Ivan Shaw Kolarov Huth Saylor
    Hazard Sterling Cabaye Mahrez Fletcher
    Aguero Benteke Sakho

As I posted at the weekend, I have some deadwood I want rid of - Ivan, Cabaye and Sakho mainly.

Depending on how Sanchez goes tonight, I am thinking about a -8:

Ivan to O'Shea/Coates (need a def 4.4 or less).
    Hazard to Sanchez
    Cabaye to Pedro

Would leave me with nothing in the bank and a team of:

Myhill McCarthy
    4.4 def Shaw Kolarov Huth Saylor
    Sanchez Pedro Sterling Mahrez Fletcher
    Aguero Benteke Sakho

I still have my wildcard so if Hazard tears **** up I can get him back in with it.

Are you planning on holding the wildcard for a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Which rival? I'm 18th in a 22 man league :pac:

I'm leaning towards not playing it on the basis that I already have Aguero and Hazard, but the defence needs serious surgery... Might take a -4 for Koscienly to Sagna...
    The risk with that is that Sagna would need a clean sheet in the next game to make that worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Help...50 odd points behind the leader in my league and in the double millionaire club.. To wildcard or not to wildcard? I've already used my FT to bring Mahrez in.

Ruddy Rudd
    Azpilicueta Koscienly O'Shea Morgan Bassong
    Hazard Depay Navas Mahrez Affelly
    Aguero Kane Wilson

Any advice much appreciated...

Midfield looks light with: Navas/Affelly and defence not overly strong to compensate, there's maybe a good rotation there but haven't check.

If wildcarding and want extra cash;

-I'd go with Courtois-4.0 GK(McCarthy) instead of Norwich treble defence with Bassong and 2 GK.
    ->(-0.9)

-Downgrade

Azpilicueta(Chelsea defence already covered by Courtois) to Man City/Man Utd/Liverpool defence
    ->Depending on who you pick(Gomez: 4.7, Lovern 5.0, Sagna 5.0, Shaw 5.6)= (gain of +0.4 to 1.3)

-> Koscienly (5.5 Arsenal Def's available)= (of gain +0.5)

-Hazard to Pedro could give you (gain of +2.0)

-Kane to Benteke or Lukaku = (Gain of +0.9 to 1.3)

-If you a stronger defence could possibly drop a 4.5 def to 4.0 option if you will never play the 4.5 player =(Gain of +0.5)

That could give you 4.7 extra to play around with.
    (+0.5+1.3+2.0+0.5+1.3-0.9)

I think Chadli at 7.0 is better value to Kane at moment as a possible upgrade of one of your MF positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Sticking with hazard and Silva over Pedro and yaya for the time been. Whatever about hazard but Silva will surely start turning them motm performances into ff points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Sakho to who for -4. I'm agonisingly 0.1 off doing Sakho to Benteke :( I'm thinking Wilson

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Sakho to who for -4. I'm agonisingly 0.1 off doing Sakho to Benteke :( I'm thinking Wilson

I did Sakho to Wilson in my WC this week, he's got a great run of fixtures for several weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

359835.png

This is my current team heading into GW4, I have 155 points in the bank.

I was desperate to swap Payet to Pedro and Sakho to Benteke, then I realised I was 0.5m short to do that! It would take a 3rd transfer to get them in! I'm not loving taking a -8 hit, the option would be going Gomis to Wilson as the 3rd transfer, what do folks think?

Edit : My bench consists of Wanyama, Morgan, Whittaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Post-wildcard my team is -

Courtois - McCarthy

Kolarov - Gomez - Muniesa - Martin - Ward

Silva - Sanchez - Mahrez - Payet - Surman

Aguero - Benteke - Gomis

Still happy enough with my team, but I want Pedro - he looks like a must-have even after one game.

Payet's in the WC team because I'd got him in in GW2, so I was hoping if he did something at the weekend I'd get another price rise out of him, but he's the obvious candidate to make way for Pedro.

But with only 0.1m ITB I need to free up funds from somewhere so I'm thinking -

Sanchez -> Ramsey
    Payet -> Pedro.

With Pedro being price protected I don't feel under pressure to get this done to take advantage of any movement in price. But the question is should I go -4 (after the League Cup games of course) or wait until after the GW deadline?

Are Ramsey away to Newcastle and Pedro at home to Palace going to get 4 points more than Sanchez away to Newcastle and Payet away to Liverpool?

My gut says go for it, Sanchez looked out of sorts last night while Ramsey was very unlucky not to come out with 7+ points. Pedro looked irresistible the other day as well.

But Sanchez is the type of player who could fill his boots against Newcastle.

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Post-wildcard my team is -

Courtois - McCarthy

Kolarov - Gomez - Muniesa - Martin - Ward

Silva - Sanchez - Mahrez - Payet - Surman

Aguero - Benteke - Gomis

Still happy enough with my team, but I want Pedro - he looks like a must-have even after one game.

Payet's in the WC team because I'd got him in in GW2, so I was hoping if he did something at the weekend I'd get another price rise out of him, but he's the obvious candidate to make way for Pedro.

But with only 0.1m ITB I need to free up funds from somewhere so I'm thinking -

Sanchez -> Ramsey
    Payet -> Pedro.

With Pedro being price protected I don't feel under pressure to get this done to take advantage of any movement in price. But the question is should I go -4 (after the League Cup games of course) or wait until after the GW deadline?

Are Ramsey away to Newcastle and Pedro at home to Palace going to get 4 points more than Sanchez away to Newcastle and Payet away to Liverpool?

My gut says go for it, Sanchez looked out of sorts last night while Ramsey was very unlucky not to come out with 7+ points. Pedro looked irresistible the other day as well.

But Sanchez is the type of player who could fill his boots against Newcastle.

Any advice?

Payet to Pedro is a good move. Not everyone will agree but I would have no problem downgrading Sanchez. As I said elsewhere, I don't think he will be worth the cash (I'd pay the extra for Hazard all day if Pedro didn't exist).

The only concern I'd have is Ramsey. I'm only judging that from reading the Arsenal superthread last night. There were a few people in there who think Walcott/Ox should be in the team and Ramsey is the one they feel should be left out. I know they don't pick the team but they watch their team so might have the inside track.

FWIW, I'm contemplating Sanchez/Deeney to Pedro/Benteke for a hit, so maybe we are both insane :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Currently have this:

Mignolet McCarthy
    Bellerin Ward Kolarov Shaw Gomez
    Silva Ayew Mahrez Redmond Payet
    Aguero Pelle Gomis
    And 1.4m in the bank.

Thinking about doing Pelle to Wilson and then Ayew to Pedro for -4. Or is there a better option instead of Wilson?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Wildcarded but caught the price drop on Rooney & Kane :( Aguero & Gomis in. Mertezacker gone while doubtful/injured and want another Arsenal back man in so:

Option 1: Monreal or Bellerini and a <4.1m keeper
    Option 2: Cech in and a <4.1m defender

Have Fabianski as my main keeper so far and Taylor is gone for Gomez to free up .3m for the above and not to be doubled up on Swansea.

What would be the general thought for these?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm very surprised at the number of people ditching Hazard for Pedro on the back of one game. I know it's a money saver, but after being stung by Hazard numerous times before I'd be very wary of getting rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Benimar wrote: »
    Payet to Pedro is a good move. Not everyone will agree but I would have no problem downgrading Sanchez. As I said elsewhere, I don't think he will be worth the cash (I'd pay the extra for Hazard all day if Pedro didn't exist).

The only concern I'd have is Ramsey. I'm only judging that from reading the Arsenal superthread last night. There were a few people in there who think Walcott/Ox should be in the team and Ramsey is the one they feel should be left out. I know they don't pick the team but they watch their team so might have the inside track.

FWIW, I'm contemplating Sanchez/Deeney to Pedro/Benteke for a hit, so maybe we are both insane :-)

The thing is, even if getting rid of Sanchez I'd want to have some sort of Arsenal cover. Walcott's definitely out (it was him I shipped for Payet in the first place), Cazorla's too deep, Ozil I just don't like so that leaves Ramsey/Sanchez as the two to choose from. If one's out I feel the other should come in.

But what if I went without Arsenal cover altogether? I could go for anyone up to 9.1m, so Depay? Coutinho? Mata? (I've got no Utd cover either).

Decisions, decisions.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I've been out of the loop on this for the last few days -

What are peoples thoughts on Pedro? Is it worth dropping Haz for Pedro and possibly using the extra funds to bring in Sanchez? I'm playing my wildcard this week. Bringing in Pedro would give me lots of extra funds to play around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

The thing is, even if getting rid of Sanchez I'd want to have some sort of Arsenal cover. Walcott's definitely out (it was him I shipped for Payet in the first place), Cazorla's too deep, Ozil I just don't like so that leaves Ramsey/Sanchez as the two to choose from. If one's out I feel the other should come in.

But what if I went without Arsenal cover altogether? I could go for anyone up to 9.1m, so Depay? Coutinho? Mata? (I've got no Utd cover either).

Decisions, decisions.

Tough one. I'd go Arsenal attacking cover over Man U attacking cover. Ramsey could be the answer but might be worth sounding out a few Arsenal fans to ensure he's guaranteed a start. Coutinho is an option but you have Benteke, so maybe not worth doubling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

WC active, brought in Pedro for Hazard, Aguero for Rooney, Memphis for Sterling, Wilson for Sakho.

IEYK75p.png

Could definitely do something with the bench, I have 0.9m in the bank.

I would opt for an Arsenal mid over Memphis but apart from that I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

PARlance wrote: »
    I would opt for an Arsenal mid over Memphis but apart from that I like it.

I'd disagree, I think it's only a matter of time before Memphis takes off. No Arsenal midfielder is really jumping out at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'd disagree, I think it's only a matter of time before Memphis takes off. No Arsenal midfielder is really jumping out at me.

Ya, he jumped out at me last weekend. He's in my team but I would have more faith in Arsenal coming good sooner than United.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

That's my thinking too. His display against Brugge showed he can go nuts when he gets in his stride. No Arsenal players at all have shown that this season yet (maybe Cech after his performance last night).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Delighted so many people are opting for Pedro over Hazard. Hazard has the potential to be a bit of a differential if this trend continues, I'll happily stick with him, he's still on peno's too right ?

Ramsey for Silva this week for me.

• Advertisement

Delighted so many people are opting for Pedro over Hazard. Hazard has the potential to be a bit of a differential if this trend continues, I'll happily stick with him, he's still on peno's too right ?

Ramsey for Silva this week for me.

For 11.5m I'll get him back when he's worth it. Right now he's underperforming.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That's my thinking too. His display against Brugge showed he can go nuts when he gets in his stride. No Arsenal players at all have shown that this season yet (maybe Cech after his performance last night).

The problem is there is no team in the league as poor as bruges.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

For 11.5m I'll get him back when he's worth it. Right now he's underperforming.

Having watched him against WBA, I think he's playing very well. Unfortunately he's not playing well in terms of FPL right now, but I can't look past him scoring in the next few games!

Palace, Everton, Arsenal, Newcastle.

Palace decent defensively so perhaps not. Everton have a brutal defence. Arsenal showed against Liverpool that they're there for the taking and Newcastle are always gonna struggle.

That's my hope anyways, not hopping on the Pedro bandwaggon just yet, even if he is a superb player he will surely dip!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm very surprised at the number of people ditching Hazard for Pedro on the back of one game. I know it's a money saver, but after being stung by Hazard numerous times before I'd be very wary of getting rid.

It's 1 game for Pedro but I've seen Hazard play 3 times this season and he's definitely not on top form, he was very quiet against WBA. I'm sticking to form players this season so If Hazard regains his then he'll be straight back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Option A

Courtouis - Martin - Francis -Surman

Option B

Myhill - Azpilicueta - Targett -Surman

Option C

Myhill - Martin/Francis - Targett - Redmond

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Mulling over bringing in Coutinho for Depay. Pro's/Con's?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Having watched him against WBA, I think he's playing very well. Unfortunately he's not playing well in terms of FPL right now, but I can't look past him scoring in the next few games!

Palace, Everton, Arsenal, Newcastle.

Palace decent defensively so perhaps not. Everton have a brutal defence. Arsenal showed against Liverpool that they're there for the taking and Newcastle are always gonna struggle.

That's my hope anyways, not hopping on the Pedro bandwaggon just yet, even if he is a superb player he will surely dip!

Palace have 2 clean sheets since pardew took charge in over 20 games. He has done a great job but its the attacking side of things that he has vastly improved

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

keano_afc wrote: »
    Mulling over bringing in Coutinho for Depay. Pro's/Con's?

Pros (Liverpool fan)
    Coutinho has become shot crazy, last night against Arsenal he hit the post and bar. His shooting is consistent, he takes frees from close range and plays a lot of good balls assist wise.
    Depay and Man Utd have looked poor in final third in the league this season. Really safe play.

Cons
    Coutinho can go missing in games, never plays 90 minutes and his trigger happiness can backfire on his moral when one too many shots go wide.
    Depay is suited to the league, strong, quick and as he showed against Brugge can explode into life in a game.

Overall, bias aside, I can't see why Depay would stay in your team unless Utd as a collective play better football soon. It's been far too clunky IMO. But Coutinho also hasn't exactly been earning a lot of FPL points so it's up to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Deco99 wrote: »
    Option A

Courtouis - Martin - Francis -Surman

Option B

Myhill - Azpilicueta - Targett -Surman

Option C

Myhill - Martin/Francis - Targett - Redmond

I'll Simplify, Courtouis or Azpilicueta? Do i need chelsea cover defensively?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

359835.png

This is my current team heading into GW4, I have 155 points in the bank.

I was desperate to swap Payet to Pedro and Sakho to Benteke, then I realised I was 0.5m short to do that! It would take a 3rd transfer to get them in! I'm not loving taking a -8 hit, the option would be going Gomis to Wilson as the 3rd transfer, what do folks think?

Edit : My bench consists of Wanyama, Morgan, Whittaker.

Bump!

Advertisement