Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 4 Transfer Thread (adios Rooney gu'lad)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Rikand wrote: »
    Can you have all 3 ;)
    I can.
    But this means I can't go Fabregas -> Pedro.

Thinking of doing Hazard and sterling to Silva and Sánchez for - 4. Is ditching Hazard this early a bad idea? Somebody talk some sense into me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I've gone hazard to Pedro to free up funds. I see a -4 points hit next week to rid of Rooney and someone else, get Augero in.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Struggling with who I want more this week. Benteke as a Sakho replacement or Pedro as a Pedro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

CSF wrote: »
    Struggling with who I want more this week. Benteke as a Sakho replacement or Pedro as a Pedro.

Napoleon-Dynamite-Vote-for-Pedro.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Am equally scared by both... it would take a -4 and Sanchez & Gomis out to do it too, which has arse bitten written all over it.

PARlance wrote: »
    Am equally scared by both... it would take a -4 and Sanchez & Gomis out to do it too, which has arse bitten written all over it.

It'd be a -4 for me also. Do I dare go without both?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

It'd be a -4 for me also. Do I dare go without both?

Liverpool are no attacking masterclass this season. I'll be holding off on Benteke till gw6 i think. West Ham are bound to try and keep it tight this week and then at old Trafford I'd expect a similar performance to tonight.

FHFC wrote: »
    Liverpool are no attacking masterclass this season. I'll be holding off on Benteke till gw6 i think. West Ham are bound to try and keep it tight this week and then at old Trafford I'd expect a similar performance to tonight.

My issue is that West Ham (minus another defender through suspension) are able to keep it tight although Tomkins for Jenkinson may see a more defensive approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Panthro wrote: »
    I've gone hazard to Pedro to free up funds. I see a -4 points hit next week to rid of Rooney and someone else, get Augero in.

You really need to get in aguero now. Like right now. No matter what hit you have to take, you need to get him in.

• Advertisement

All I know is that he (Tekkers) was scary to watch tonight despite the team not really clicking behind him in an attacking sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »

He still should have scored tonight though. That's the main thing for me. He has looked dangerous in every game and his points return hadn't been terrible.

Truth be told I wouldn't expect much for an 8.5 striker from games against Stoke and Arsenal away.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I knew I couldn't hold it for any longer.

WC activated:D

0.2 left in the bank for sudden change of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hazard to Pedro and Coates to Kolarov done for -4. Contemplating WC, but I'm actually reasonably happy with the team below so I'm not sure if it's worth it:

Myhill (Hennessy)
    Kolarov Bellerin Gomez (Huth, Targett)
    Pedro Ozil Yaya Payet (Bentaleb)
    Sakho Aguero Benteke

[0.8 ITB]

The only thing I feel needs immediate action is losing one of my West Ham boys, as I don't like being doubled up on them. Either Payet to Mahrez or Sakho to Gomis seem like the obvious choices to me. Mahrez looks essential but I'm wary of dropping Payet despite him doing nothing at the weekend.

Any thoughts appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hazard to Pedro and Coates to Kolarov done for -4. Contemplating WC, but I'm actually reasonably happy with the team below so I'm not sure if it's worth it:

Myhill (Hennessy)
    Kolarov Bellerin Gomez (Huth, Targett)
    Pedro Ozil Yaya Payet (Bentaleb)
    Sakho Aguero Benteke

[0.8 ITB]

The only thing I feel needs immediate action is losing one of my West Ham boys, as I don't like being doubled up on them. Either Payet to Mahrez or Sakho to Gomis seem like the obvious choices to me. Mahrez looks essential but I'm wary of dropping Payet despite him doing nothing at the weekend.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Sakho is injured so, if I was you, I'd go Sakho to Gomis. I took a -8 to take him out myself and went for Wilson, only because I hadn't the funds for Gomis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Took Sanchez out for Pedro. Thinking being that Sanchez isn't going up this week where Pedro probably will, Chelsea's next fixture is at home while Arsenal are away (to Newcastle granted but still) and Pedro seems to have hit the ground running. Plus I have Giroud for Arsenal coverage who will probably get involved in the goals if they happen for Arsenal, he is my next move out though. 0.2 shy of swapping him for Costa :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Took Sanchez out for Pedro. Thinking being that Sanchez isn't going up this week where Pedro probably will, Chelsea's next fixture is at home while Arsenal are away (to Newcastle granted but still) and Pedro seems to have hit the ground running. Plus I have Giroud for Arsenal coverage who will probably get involved in the goals if they happen for Arsenal, he is my next move out though. 0.2 shy of swapping him for Costa :(

Theres a decent chance sanchez will rise in price this week (88% on fpls) while it is fairly likely pedro won't if he's protected till 4 on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Any Villa fans that can tell me how likely it is Traore will start this weekend. Thinking of getting him in at home to Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Who to ditch between Yaya, Sterling a d Kolorov.
    Have to wiggle in Kun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Panthro wrote:
    Who to ditch between Yaya, Sterling a d Kolorov. Have to wiggle in Kun.

All 3 are capable of big scores but I feel Sterling is the worst value of the trio, so I would ditch him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Panthro wrote: »
    Who to ditch between Yaya, Sterling a d Kolorov.
    Have to wiggle in Kun.

Sterling. YaYa seems to have the 'luck' again this season, Kolarov is capable of attacking returns to go with the City defence being solid.

Sterling can tend to flatter to deceive at times. His final ball isn't always the best and his finishing is woeful. He might get the odd 6-8 pointer but I'd back the other 2 to outscore him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Benimar wrote: »
    Sterling. YaYa seems to have the 'luck' again this season, Kolarov is capable of attacking returns to go with the City defence being solid.

Sterling can tend to flatter to deceive at times. His final ball isn't always the best and his finishing is woeful. He might get the odd 6-8 pointer but I'd back the other 2 to outscore him.

That and the fact Sterling strolls around looking like a Petulant Child about to break into tears all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Wildcard used. Need a big game from City against Watford to justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Thinking of using the triple points captain Yokey-me-bob for Aguero against Watford surely it should be a goalfest.

Thinking of using the triple points captain Yokey-me-bob for Aguero against Watford surely it should be a goalfest.

Surely there'll be better GW's to do it. He may have a DGW later in the season.
    Watford haven't exactly been bad... 2 clean sheets out of 3. 2 in a row now. There are a lot worse records than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Back to back clean sheets for Watford.. I'd leave it until a DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Help...50 odd points behind the leader in my league and in the double millionaire club.. To wildcard or not to wildcard? I've already used my FT to bring Mahrez in.

Ruddy Rudd
    Azpilicueta Koscienly O'Shea Morgan Bassong
    Hazard Depay Navas Mahrez Affelly
    Aguero Kane Wilson

Any advice much appreciated...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Help...50 odd points behind the leader in my league and in the double millionaire club.. To wildcard or not to wildcard? I've already used my FT to bring Mahrez in.

Ruddy Rudd
    Azpilicueta Koscienly O'Shea Morgan Bassong
    Hazard Depay Navas Mahrez Affelly
    Aguero Kane Wilson

Any advice much appreciated...
    50 points isn't much at this early stage - I make that out to be one well played bonus chip. No need to panic just yet.

What does your rivals team look like? If you're that worried about falling further behind, you could possibly take a -4 to get in the most threatening player that they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

AdMMM wrote: »
    50 points isn't much at this early stage - I make that out to be one well played bonus chip. No need to panic just yet.

What does your rivals team look like? If you're that worried about falling further behind, you could possibly take a -4 to get in the most threatening player that they have.

Which rival? I'm 18th in a 22 man league :pac:

I'm leaning towards not playing it on the basis that I already have Aguero and Hazard, but the defence needs serious surgery... Might take a -4 for Koscienly to Sagna...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

WC active, brought in Pedro for Hazard, Aguero for Rooney, Memphis for Sterling, Wilson for Sakho.

IEYK75p.png

Could definitely do something with the bench, I have 0.9m in the bank.

Advertisement