Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 4 Transfer Thread (adios Rooney gu'lad)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Am thinking of taking my first 4 point hit. I said if the WC was as successful points-wise, I'd take a -4 if two players came up who had great gw4 fixtures but who could also increase in price over the next few weeks. After Wilson and Pedro's contributions, a -4 for them instead of Memphis and Gomis is an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Am thinking of taking my first 4 point hit. I said if the WC was as successful points-wise, I'd take a -4 if two players came up who had 4 gw4 fixtures but who could also increase in price over the next few weeks. After Wilson and Pedro's contributions, a -4 for them instead of Memphis and Gomis is an option.
    I'm not getting all the Wilson love to be honest. West Ham's defending was some of the worst I've ever seen in a top-flight game. His goals were well taken, and he worked his socks off to get them, but I don't think he'll be up against as bad a defence again this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

How bad is Mane's injury? Will he make the Norwich game?

Almost certainly going to Wildcard after this GW ahead of the international break, so will probably look for a quick fix, single GW midfield solution for Mane.

7.9 for this week, who would you go with? Is Mahrez unavoidable or could I take a punt on Shaquiri for just this one week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

AdMMM wrote: »
    I'm not getting all the Wilson love to be honest. West Ham's defending was some of the worst I've ever seen in a top-flight game. His goals were well taken, and he worked his socks off to get them, but I don't think he'll be up against as bad a defence again this season.

Amazing fixtures and now has form.
    Morzadec wrote: »
    How bad is Mane's injury? Will he make the Norwich game?

Almost certainly going to Wildcard after this GW ahead of the international break, so will probably look for a quick fix, single GW midfield solution for Mane.

7.9 for this week, who would you go with? Is Mahrez unavoidable or could I take a punt on Shaquiri for just this one week?

Hopeful he'll be ok for thursday so Weekend should be a cert. No better time for a punt than the week before a wildcard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

He should gain a few 0.1, has confidence and great fixtures. I'm looking for players like that this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Missed the Rooney price drop, but dumped him anyway and brought in Costa.

My defense is a mess so had hoped to sort that this week, but seeing as clean sheets are a rarity all round, i felt it best to get rid of the cash heavy Rooney before he drops further value.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Took a -8 hit.

Rooney to Costa
    Sterling to Pedro
    Sakho to Gomis

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The Pedro train has left the station. I was to be the driver of that train.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Depay to Pedro
    But need to free 1 mil.

Downgrade Lukaku or Gomis ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Next 5 fixtures:

Leicester (H)
    Norwich (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Stoke (A)
    Watford (H)

Not all walks in the park but he can score against any of these. I want him for Norwich and Sunderland anyway as I think both their defenses are as bad as West Ham's, plus at 5.4m he can get a few rises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ill board at the next stop so; unless i take a -4 taxi to get there sooner mmm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I am considering a 4pt hit to bring Pedro and Wilson in for Payet and Diouf.

I think now is a decent time to get rid of Payet. Two poor home results with tough fixtures on the way.
    Pedro is scintillating! I thought it might take hime a while to get going on the pl but he shows obvious signs that he comes from a high quality team. He is very direct and makes the most of everything he does on the pitch.

I have 1.6 itb so I could dowgrade a 4.5 def to a 4.0 numpty but the way I am looking at it I would rather have a full squad of starters so would probably be getting rid of Diouf.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Considering Payet and Depay out for Pedro and a 6.6max MF. Cabaye fits the bill but bad fixtures coming up.

I think Depay will come good but with their fixtures I'm willing to wait till he does, hopefully at a cheaper price then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Will wait until after tonight before deciding, so didn't do Deeney to Wilson as I was thinking about yesterday.

Would like to hold the FT bout would have to play Westwood or Deeney (at City) next week which isn't ideal.

The other two options I'm considering are Gomis to Benteke if Tekkers does anything tonight or Payet and Deeney to Pedro and Ighalo for -4. Seems a waste of a -4 to swap Watford for Watford but I'm 0.3m short of a direct swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Slattsy wrote: »
    Depay to Pedro
    But need to free 1 mil.

Downgrade Lukaku or Gomis ?

Lukaku without a shadow of a doubt. I wouldn't be looking at an Everton player now until November.

Lukaku -> Diouf, Depay -> Pedro. That even gives you a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

8-10 wrote: »
    Next 5 fixtures:

Leicester (H)
    Norwich (A)
    Sunderland (H)
    Stoke (A)
    Watford (H)

Not all walks in the park but he can score against any of these. I want him for Norwich and Sunderland anyway as I think both their defenses are as bad as West Ham's, plus at 5.4m he can get a few rises.
    Ahh, given your approach that seems perfectly okay so :).

I have a front 3 of Aguero, Gomis, Benteke, so my outlook is that I'd be risking potential points by bringing in Wilson. Also I've had to carry out some emergency triage on my team in the first few weeks, so I reckon I won't have a chance to consider my FTs for value purposes for at least 2 more weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Looking at going:

Hazard -> Silva
    Young ->Shaqiri

Definitely want to get rid of Young. Hazard I'm in two minds about. Would be a -4. Make sense? Stoke's fixtures look very good to me.

loadwire wrote: »
    Looking at going:

Hazard -> Silva
    Young ->Shaqiri

Definitely want to get rid of Young. Hazard I'm in two minds about. Would be a -4. Make sense? Stoke's fixtures look very good to me.

I wouldn't sell hazard with palace at home next.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Getting to the stage that there's too many wants in the 6-8m zone...
    Mane
    Payet
    Shaquiri
    Mahrez (likely to be there by next week)
    Ayew
    Barkley
    Cabaye
    Windjalum
    Siggy

Then you have the likes of Yaya and Memphis just above than

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Just catching up on things.... ouch.

VOTE PEDRO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'll claim the co-driver spot then :D.

He was one of the final reason that made me hold my WC (like yourself and everybody else I wasn't sure he was going to start).

As I said, at his price he may be the best value in the entire game (unless Mahrez scores 20 goals this season :pac:). The fact FPL entered him as a midfielder (I still can't believe it) makes such a difference!

A no-brainer move for me to get him in for Fabregas. If only I'd known...
    And this will probably go with a 3rd -4 in 3 GWS to get a City def for I don't know who just yet...

I'm not sure playing my WC this week, despite my bad GW, would be wise I mean if it's to be played now in hindsight of this perfect GW3 for most GW2 WCers... reason would dictate me to wait for the international break now. But, it will depend a lot on Sanchez tonight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Damn it I really want Pedro now.
    Depay + Bellerin --> Pedro + Francis (-4) is tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I remain to be convinced Pedro is a better FPL option than Hazard (leaving 2m difference aside). He looked good yesterday, yet Hazard showed glimpses of being back to his best. I'd probably double up if Pedro can make the right wing position his own and not be reined in Jose at all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I went with tadic to yaya and my team looks like this foR gw3.

Convince me otherwise!

iroced wrote: »
    I'll claim the co-driver spot then :D.

He was one of the final reason that made me hold my WC (like yourself and everybody else I wasn't sure he was going to start).

As I said, at his price he may be the best value in the entire game (unless Mahrez scores 20 goals this season :pac:). The fact FPL entered him as a midfielder (I still can't believe it) makes such a difference!

A no-brainer move for me to get him in for Fabregas. If only I'd known...
    And this will probably go with a 3rd -4 in 3 GWS to get a City def for I don't know who just yet...

I'm not sure playing my WC this week, despite my bad GW, would be wise I mean if it's to be played now in hindsight of this perfect GW3 for most GW2 WCers... reason would dictate me to wait for the international break now. But, it will depend a lot on Sanchez tonight...
    Pedro scores goals he is more of a goalscorer than hazard even though hazard is the much better player. I really think points wise there will be little or nothing between the two points wise at the end of the season. Ill stand by my prediction last week pedro will be very close to 200 pts for the season barring injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I remain to be convinced Pedro is a better FPL option than Hazard (leaving 2m difference aside). He looked good yesterday, yet Hazard showed glimpses of being back to his best. I'd probably double up if Pedro can make the right wing position his own and not be reined in Jose at all
    My only concern is how he'll handle a "leader" role in a team. He was "only" the super sub at Barça. But he's a great player, good technique, greta pace, efficient finish. Mourinho counterattacking style may also suit him just perfect. So for me it's more his head. Can he take more leadership on?

league cup games this week for those considering early transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

league cup games this week for those considering early transfers.

Willing on a Mahrez red card to save me a 4 point hit!!!

CSF wrote: »

that would be perfect. Im going without him for 1 more week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

CSF wrote: »

Please no :( If I hadn't went with Mahrez from the start I'm pretty sure I'd be bottom of the whole world :P He is the only one of my players to have scored a goal for me all season which is pretty unbelievable. Add to that 1 cs and 3 assists and that's my season so far :pac:

Advertisement