Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 4 Transfer Thread (adios Rooney gu'lad)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I've done well so far (9k overall) and haven't had to use the wildcard yet. I'm at the point where I have a couple of reservations about some players but not sure who to drop. I'm probably looking at Hazard to Pedro right now but unsure whether to also do Rooney to Aguero for a -4 or just wildcard and sort out some other positions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

that would be perfect. Im going without him for 1 more week.

I'm gonna just bite the bullet assuming no more surprises.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Myhill McCarthy
    Ivan Shaw Kolarov Huth Saylor
    Hazard Sterling Cabaye Mahrez Fletcher
    Aguero Benteke Sakho

As I posted at the weekend, I have some deadwood I want rid of - Ivan, Cabaye and Sakho mainly.

Depending on how Sanchez goes tonight, I am thinking about a -8:

Ivan to O'Shea/Coates (need a def 4.4 or less).
    Hazard to Sanchez
    Cabaye to Pedro

Would leave me with nothing in the bank and a team of:

Myhill McCarthy
    4.4 def Shaw Kolarov Huth Saylor
    Sanchez Pedro Sterling Mahrez Fletcher
    Aguero Benteke Sakho

I still have my wildcard so if Hazard tears **** up I can get him back in with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I wouldn't be bringing in a Sunderland defender unless you back them to get a cleanie this weekend. They're going to leak value

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    Myhill McCarthy
    Aguero Benteke Sakho

As I posted at the weekend, I have some deadwood I want rid of - Ivan, Cabaye and Sakho mainly.

Hazard to Sanchez
    Cabaye to Pedro

Myhill McCarthy
    Aguero Benteke Sakho

I still have my wildcard so if Hazard tears **** up I can get him back in with it.

I'd look at sakho to Wilson cabaye to Pedro and Ivan to 4.5. Next week haz to sanchez. Sakho may be injured from the injury thread.

• Advertisement

I'd look at sakho to Wilson cabaye to Pedro and Ivan to 4.5. Next week haz to sanchez. Sakho may be injured from the injury thread.

I wouldn't mind having Sanchez for the Newcastle game.

I can't really pick a decent 4.5 defender either. I thought about Yoshida but then people here say he's walking on thin ice in regard to new signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I wouldn't mind having Sanchez for the Newcastle game.

I can't really pick a decent 4.5 defender either. I thought about Yoshida but then people here say he's walking on thin ice in regard to new signings.

Hazard home to palace Wilson home to Leicester
    Or sanchez away to Newcastle Sakho away to Liverpool.

Hazard home to palace Wilson home to Leicester
    Or sanchez away to Newcastle Sakho away to Liverpool.

Good point. Looks a decent move and removed Sakho as a problem. Any recommendations of a 4.5 defender?

I actually have 4.9 if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I can afford Kolarov. Is he worth getting? Or would it be better to get Sagna instead and save the 0.6m?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I can afford Kolarov. Is he worth getting? Or would it be better to get Sagna instead and save the 0.6m?

Yes he is worth the extra, he actually should have more points than he already has

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Spurion

**** - apparently Sakho's injured? Diouf or Wilson to replace him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Lemlin wrote:
    Good point. Looks a decent move and removed Sakho as a problem. Any recommendations of a 4.5 defender?

I actually have 4.9 if needed.

Francis has gotten forward a lot in Bournemouth's last 2 games. He looks to be a bit of a bonus magnet aswell and has great fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Am thinking of taking my first 4 point hit. I said if the WC was as successful points-wise, I'd take a -4 if two players came up who had great gw4 fixtures but who could also increase in price over the next few weeks. After Wilson and Pedro's contributions, a -4 for them instead of Memphis and Gomis is an option.

I think I'll be doing a hit also. Self inflicted due to the age old error that always seems like a good idea at the time) of putting a one week player in with a view to changing them the following week.

Payet and Depay to Pedro and Yaya.

I may just do Payet to Pedro but Yayas price continuing to rise and Id be sick if he scored a couple vs Watford.

Myhill McCarthy
    Aguero Benteke Sakho

Hazard to Sanchez
    Cabaye to Pedro

Myhill McCarthy
    Aguero Benteke Sakho

Contemplating a -12 for the year that's in it.

Ivan to Gomez
    Hazard to Sanchez
    Cabaye to Pedro
    Sakho to Wilson

All depends how Sanchez does tonight. If he scores, he will be going up and Hazard going down so no point holding off.

He could also destroy Newcastle if he's in good form.

I feel like taking a few Mr P-style chances this year. Have been walking my personal leagues each year anyway and am ineligible in my work league due to leaving in October.

Over to you Alexis.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

These moves would make a lot of sense (even for -4) I presume?

Rooney -> Wilson
    Wessi -> Silva

Ride price rises of Wilson and fixtures and well Silva

These moves would make a lot of sense (even for -4) I presume?

Rooney -> Wilson
    Wessi -> Silva

Ride price rises of Wilson and fixtures and well Silva

Absolutely. Pedro for -8? :)

If i wasn't just after wildcarding and happy with my front 3 I'd love to get on Wilson. Could go up 0.4 by gw5 if he does even middling this wweekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    Absolutely. Pedro for -8? :)

If i wasn't just after wildcarding and happy with my front 3 I'd love to get on Wilson. Could go up 0.4 by gw5 if he does even middling this wweekend.

I might use the ol WC the week after so I'm happy enough with Hazard for another week, especially as Pedro's embargo lasts til Friday.

I don't particularly see Wilson doing massive things even with the fixtures, I think West Ham were just that bad but he should tick over as well as any other option. Plus the bandwagon yo :cool:

I might use the ol WC the week after so I'm happy enough with Hazard for another week, especially as Pedro's embargo lasts til Friday.

I don't particularly see Wilson doing massive things even with the fixtures, I think West Ham were just that bad but he should tick over as well as any other option. Plus the bandwagon yo :cool:

Ah yeah. Forgot you had Hazard. You could lose quite a bit of TV on Hazard over the next 2 weeks though.

Not dying to have Wilson. Much happier with Diouf but also love a good bandwagon price payout.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Haz> Pedro or Depay>Shaqiri?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I know he's not 100% fot, but ill give sanchez another game or two and decide from there whether he should stay or go. same deal with depay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Although I just WC'ed Sanchez and Deeney to Pedro and Benteke for -4 is teasing me.

I was never sold on Sanchez being worth 11m but brought him in over Ozil to allow an easy upgrade to Hazard if needed. Going to Pedro allows an upgrade of Deeny to Benteke who has WHU, AST and NOR in the next 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

On the basis of tonight and the first two gameweeks.. Coutinho is looking like a must have!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Am I the only one who thinks Pedro could be good for Hazard? He still looks lethal on the ball and if he gets more space with defensive attention shifting to Pedro's flank....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Screw Pedro, Coutinho is the man to have atm. Playing out of his skin and probably the best player in Europe right now, if not the Universe.

(drunk Liverpool fan)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Chesty08 wrote: »
    On the basis of tonight and the first two gameweeks.. Coutinho is looking like a must have!

Can't imagine that many would have him as a must have. Don't think he'll ever be a must have unless he really ups his GS rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Kolarov looks like rising tonight (possibly).

Who would you get out between Bellerin and Azpi?

Looks like I'll be sticking with -8.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Think I'm going to go:

Mane and Bassong out
    Mahrez and Kolarov in

for -4.

I don't like making transfer this early in the week, but Bassong is close to a drop, and Kolarov will rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

I am using my wildcard. Had De Gea Krul Bassong Verthogen Jagielka Taylor Skrtel Holohan Memphis Montero Lalanna Colback Aguero Rooney Lukaka
    Made a mistake of leaving out City United and Chelsea cover in defence. Probably went a bit top heavy with the strikers. And didn't bow to peer pressure on Mahrez etc hoping my own would come good.
    Thinking Hart Krul Shaw Skrtel Kolarov Taylor Bassong Memphis Montero Pedro Shaquiri Mahrez Wilson Aguero Diouf.
    Leaves me with 1.4 in bank and a bit of scope to replace Wilson and Diouf further down the line. Both have lovely fixtures for a while though so hoping I get a price rise from both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

iroced wrote: »
    Kolarov looks like rising tonight (possibly).

Who would you get out between Bellerin and Azpi?

Can you have all 3 ;)

Advertisement