Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 4 Transfer Thread (adios Rooney gu'lad)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

eagle eye wrote: »
    Morrison at 4.9 is a must have imo. Two goal haul, along with a missed peno, against Chelsea and a nice fixture list over the next eight gameweeks.

Home games: Southampton, Everton, Sunderland, Leicester

Away games: Stoke, Villa, Palace, Norwich

You seem to be using a missed penalty as a positive here. Practically everyone else on here would view that as a negative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

eagle eye wrote:
    Morrison at 4.9 is a must have imo. Two goal haul, along with a missed peno, against Chelsea and a nice fixture list over the next eight gameweeks.

He had a good game against Chelsea but I wouldn't call him a must have. He only scored scored twice last season and he may not be on penalties now after missing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Agreed, you can't take on fairly random act (missing a peno) and include it as a positive and then ignore the fact that his 2 goals were also a random act.

He's cheap and offers a bit more than most guys in 4.somethings, but he's at 4.9 and far from a must have imo.
    If he is to be a 5th non playing then I would opt for a 4.5. Can't see myself being massively confident in starting him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    You seem to be using a missed penalty as a positive here. Practically everyone else on here would view that as a negative.
    In the short term, as in for one match it was a negative, but long term it looks like he is at worst no.2 on penalties which is a bonus.

He was a fantasy darling a couple of years back and I'd expect to see him playing more advanced over the next while after those two goals. Berahino doesn't look a certain starter for West Brom anymore so I think he is on penalties and I don't think one miss will take him off them after his response to missing it.

I just feel that over the next eight gameweeks he has to be in my squad and possibly playing every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

ZWnmNEB.png

Would love to get Pedro in but not sure how. Only options I can see are ditching Silva or Sanchez. Or downgrade Benteke and upgrade Chadli. Any thoughts? Will probably bank this week anyway. I have 0.2 ITB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Would love to get Pedro in but not sure how. Only options I can see are ditching Silva or Sanchez. Or downgrade Benteke and upgrade Chadli. Any thoughts? Will probably bank this week anyway. I have 0.2 ITB.
    Pedro is one of those players who has blown hot and cold over the years. I don't think I'd get excited about his Chelsea debut. I have Alexis too and I'm willing to wait and see how things work out over the next couple of gameweeks. If things go well for Pedro and Sanchez doesn't have a good run then I think I'll double swoop and bring in both Pedro and Silva(I currently have Yaya).

Pedro is one of those players who has blown hot and cold over the years. I don't think I'd get excited about his Chelsea debut. I have Alexis too and I'm willing to wait and see how things work out over the next couple of gameweeks. If things go well for Pedro and Sanchez doesn't have a good run then I think I'll double swoop and bring in both Pedro and Silva(I currently have Yaya).

Yeah I'm happy to wait a bit to see what happens but I will definitely need Chelsea attacking cover at some stage. If Alexis or Benteke blanks then that could be my choice made.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Looking at those fixtures I'll prob get either myhill or a defender in
    Maybe even fletcher as my 5th mid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Depay and Payet out for Pedro and Gradel. Debating wheter to do it over 2 gameweeks or take a hit. Payet to Gradel this week shouldn't be a major factor, will come down to price moves I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

ZWnmNEB.png

Awesome team. Perfect. You're gonna score incredibly high points with this team. So well balanced and thought out!

(If you switch Courtois and Richards for Myhill and Shaw, we have the exact same starting line-up :P )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Yeah I'm happy to wait a bit to see what happens but I will definitely need Chelsea attacking cover at some stage. If Alexis or Benteke blanks then that could be my choice made.

And at least both Pedro and Sanchez are playing on Saturday. It's unlikely that Pedro will rise on Friday night so at least have the opportunity to see them both in action again before any movement in price forces our hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Awesome team. Perfect. You're gonna score incredibly high points with this team. So well balanced and thought out!

(If you switch Courtois and Richards for Myhill and Shaw, we have the exact same starting line-up :P )

Richards and Chadli to Muniesa and Payet and you have my squad as well (albeit with Ward instead of Souaré). Template anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Looking like i'll bank this week after using my WC last week, will use my 2 FT next week to bring in Pedro and possibly Gomis if he scores at the weekend again. Will free up some cash for future moves, most likely looking to improve on my defence which is pretty weak

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Pelle and Payet out for Wilson and Hazard. That will leave me with this starting line up for the weekend:

Mignolet
    Bellerin Kolarov Gomez Shaw
    Mahrez Silva(V) Hazard
    Wilson Aguero(C) Gomis

Subs: McCarthy Redmond Ayew Ward

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Does anyone wanna loan me 0.5m, I'll play you back 0.6m in a few weeks, things are tight at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

ZWnmNEB.png

That's a very nice looking team. Have you wildcarded?

Only thing I could possibly suggest is downgrading Kolarov to Sagna to save some funds in case you want to bring in Pedro/Hazard down the line, but that's only nit picking really.

ZWnmNEB.png

Tough one but I'm not sure if Pedro + 6m striker is worth a hit.
    I quite fancy Benteke to start firing and I would be partial to a cheeky little punt on Chadli.

And at least both Pedro and Sanchez are playing on Saturday. It's unlikely that Pedro will rise on Friday night so at least have the opportunity to see them both in action again before any movement in price forces our hand.

Yeah I'll give it a game or 2 but I have a feeling Pedro could be a must have.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    That's a very nice looking team. Have you wildcarded?

Only thing I could possibly suggest is downgrading Kolarov to Sagna to save some funds in case you want to bring in Pedro/Hazard down the line, but that's only nit picking really.

Thanks. Yeah, wildcarded after 2 horrible GW's. That's an option alright. Hopefully Kolarov keeps doing what he's doing so I can make a bit of profit on him. Don't see him as a season keeper...not yet anyway.
    PARlance wrote: »
    Tough one but I'm not sure if Pedro + 6m striker is worth a hit.
    I quite fancy Benteke to start firing and I would be partial to a cheeky little punt on Chadli.

I don't think it is either. Benteke is bound to hit form sooner or later.
    1. 13 goals in 28 PL games for Villa last year.
    2. Playing in a better side with some creative players like Coutinho.
    3. Looked fairly sharp against Arsenal and really should have scored.

I'm bound to need Chelsea attacking coverage soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Im thinking either banking the transfer for the international break or taking a -4.

Out:
    Depay
    Gomis

In:
    Pedro
    Defoe

don't like the look of Gomis' run of fixtures coming up despite his 3 goals in 3 games.

and much rather have Chelsea attacking cover than Man United for time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

343 Sakho to Wilson for -4

or

Go 442 and do Huth to Kolarov for -4

Sakho Kane and Aguero being my strikers. Would be doublin up on City defence along with Sagna. I'm leaning towards Kolarov. How likely is it he will start? The reason I went with Sagna was because he was guaranteed to play before I wildcard next week. But now I feel it may have been a mistake and want Kolarov.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

shineon23 wrote: »
    Im thinking either banking the transfer for the international break or taking a -4.

Out:
    Depay
    Gomis

In:
    Pedro
    Defoe

don't like the look of Gomis' run of fixtures coming up despite his 3 goals in 3 games.

and much rather have Chelsea attacking cover than Man United for time being.

Love that transfer btw. Was thinking Wilson, never knew Defoe was that cheap.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Love that transfer btw. Was thinking Wilson, never knew Defoe was that cheap.

I questioned someone on Defoe recently and I have to say I've egg on my face. He has done very well, is dirt cheap and looked very sharp last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

PARlance wrote: »
    I questioned someone on Defoe recently and I have to say I've egg on my face. He has done very well, is dirt cheap and looked very sharp last night.

Might have been me? Got ridiculed for joking that I regretted dropping Defoe for Aguero at the weekend :pac:

I have planned on building my team around Defoe since my first draft in July :P
    -due to price and his proven scoring history in the league.

Didn't like taking him out with my wildcard last week but I had enough funds for Aguero-Diouf and Gomis (who I only got for to value chase short term), now with Gomis' upcoming run of games, he'll be dumped out shortly if not this GW.

Wilson is an interesting one to watch;
    could be an easy rotation with another cheap 3rd striker providing his price doesn't rise too much.
    I wouldn't run to get him in based on one match and a hat trick but if he and Bournemouth keep it up you couldn't ignore him.

What are people's views on Scott Sinclair, is he out of the starting XI now for villa?
    he missed the weekend's match and was taken off early against united. 4.9 for a MF playing out of position would be good if he gets back into the team for the league games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Wildcarded last week so 1FT this week and 0.5m in the bank. Any suggestions?

47e1b022a9c28b8bef0b2fd957b6458f.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

thoughts on this team going forward. wc already played, wilson brought in. .2 in the bank. cant decide on the balance of the team at all. poor start.

Myhill (boruc)
    darmian williams sagna richards staylor
    sanchez toure payet mahrez depay
    gomis wilson aguero

unsure over sanchez, depay, payet mostly at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

interesting reading between defoe and wilson. Gotta feel though Wilson has the nicer fixtures and was playing as the central striker while defoe played off centre in a front 3. Missing out on a Wilson scoring streak could be more costly than missing out on Defoe one. Possibly in a few weeks if things didnt work out it should be easy switch

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

hey all
    first time poster:
    Current team is
    Mig (Ruddy)
    Ivan-Huth-Gomez (Oxford, Coates)
    Mahrez-Silva-Payet-Cabaye (Fletcher)
    Aguero-Diouf-Pelle
    4.5m itb

Have 100% decided to use WC next week for the international break.
    Who would be a good 1 week punt? Considering D Costa, Pedro, Hazard.
    Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

lougal88 wrote: »
    hey all
    first time poster:
    Current team is
    Mig (Ruddy)
    Aguero-Diouf-Pelle
    4.5m itb

Any suggestions?

Bring Costa in for home game against palace.
    He is trending up and could rise in value before this GW starts.
    Benteke is at home also.
    I would replace Pelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

lougal88 wrote: »
    hey all
    first time poster:
    Current team is
    Mig (Ruddy)
    Aguero-Diouf-Pelle
    4.5m itb

Any suggestions?

One of the three you've named would be the way to go imo. Costa would interest me slightly as something of a diffential who I'd not want long term. But any of the three couldbe the one to score big.

If going for Hazard wait till Sat morning in case he drops again.

Nice team btw, especially considering you haven't wildcarded yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

ElTel wrote: »
    Bring Costa in for home game against palace.
    He is trending up and could rise in value before this GW starts.
    Benteke is at home also.
    I would replace Pelle.

This is a good point re Costa. If he rises on Friday and does well at the weekend he could rise again next week and bank you another 0.1 for your wildcard team.

Advertisement