Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 4 Transfer Thread (adios Rooney gu'lad)

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Depay to Pedro for a -4 hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    I agree, but not for 4.

Take it you mean -4 not gw4.

Yah. I'd decided in the week to let it go and probably use a -4 for two transfers over the break. Not taken any hits yet this season and expect to need one to restructure over the next 2 gws.

With a hit pretty certain in that timeline thats why it tempts me today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'm 0.1 short of fitting in Pedro, Sanchez and Benteke. Options are:

A: Pedro - Sanchez - Wilson - Gomis
    B: AN Other - Sanchez - Wilson - Benteke
    C: Pedro - Ozil - Gomis - Benteke
    D: Hazard - Ozil - Wilson - Benteke

In B I'd be able to afford any MID of 9.4 or less, Shaqiri, Ayew, Chadli maybe.

Rest of attack is Aguero, Silva, Mahrez, Westwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Take it you mean -4 not gw4.

Yah. I'd decided in the week to let it go and probably use a -4 for two transfers over the break. Not taken any hits yet this season and expect to need one to restructure over the next 2 gws..

No hits eh... well considering one week was wildcard and there is 2 hours left in this gw. You lasted 1 gw so far without a hit ☺

No hits eh... well considering one week was wildcard and there is 2 hours left in this gw. You lasted 1 gw so far without a hit ☺

Your point being?? That's a record of restraint I'm quite proud of!! :D

• Advertisement

Jesus, I go away for a week and my entire team has lost value!

I'm at 99.3m including Silvas +0.1 from the start.

Will be tough to get scoring from here I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm holding tight on the points hits so far this week. Transfers planned up as far as GW7 so hoping nothing prompts me to action against my will.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I'm 0.1 short of fitting in Pedro, Sanchez and Benteke. Options are:

A: Pedro - Sanchez - Wilson - Gomis
    B: AN Other - Sanchez - Wilson - Benteke
    C: Pedro - Ozil - Gomis - Benteke
    D: Hazard - Ozil - Wilson - Benteke

In B I'd be able to afford any MID of 9.4 or less, Shaqiri, Ayew, Chadli maybe.

Rest of attack is Aguero, Silva, Mahrez, Westwood.

I've decided on Benteke over Gomis so now my decision is:

Sanchez + Shaqiri + 1.9
    Ozil + Hazard + 0
    Ozil + Pedro + 1.9

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭amber69

Lads who would ye choose between Gradel or Ritchie. I'm not worried about the .1 difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

amber69 wrote: »
    Lads who would ye choose between Gradel or Ritchie. I'm not worried about the .1 difference.

If that's the choice then I would go Richie 100%, he'll outscore Gradel this season, unlucky on a few occasions not to get off to a flyer this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

Selling Hazard to fund Aguero. Mahrez to replace him.

Would anyone think I should go -4 for Pedro or Sanchez and if so which one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

I have kompany , should I sell him for kolarov

Depends on if you've something more pressing. If not, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

My Sanchez & Deeney to Pedro and Benteke was a wash. 5 vs 9(-4)

I actually have an awful record with hits. Luckily I don't take many but I rarely get the 'bounce' others do from a hit in the GW I take the hit.

Benimar wrote: »
    My Sanchez & Deeney to Pedro and Benteke was a wash. 5 vs 9(-4)

I actually have an awful record with hits. Luckily I don't take many but I rarely get the 'bounce' others do from a hit in the GW I take the hit.

It broke even in the first gw. What more do you want?

FHFC wrote: »
    It broke even in the first gw. What more do you want?

Not saying I'm upset by that. I'll take it. Just making the point that my hits never seem to deliver immediate returns like some people get. In fact I normally end up 'down' on them so this was one of my better hits.

It was more an observation that I've never had a 'I took a hit and gained 10 points from it this week moment' like some get. It would be nice to sometime!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Not saying I'm upset by that. I'll take it. Just making the point that my hits never seem to deliver immediate returns like some people get. In fact I normally end up 'down' on them so this was one of my better hits.

It was more an observation that I've never had a 'I took a hit and gained 10 points from it this week moment' like some get. It would be nice to sometime!!

Just throwing my own example here...

GW2: Walcott + Bony (+ Kane would have been (C) + Wanyama to sub in for Wally) -> Payet + Benteke (C) (+ Kane) = 0 + 1 (+ 4 + 2) -> 9 + 18 - 4 (+ 2) = 7 -> 25

GW3: Kane + Rooney (would have been (C)) -> Gomis + Aguero (C) = 2 + 4 -> 6 + 4 - 4 = 6 -> 6

GW4: Fabregas + Azpilicueta -> Pedro + Kolarov = 2 + 2 -> 7 + 6 - 4 = 4 -> 9

If I factor in the £0.1m I didn't lose and the ones I gained (though I got Kolarov late and lost value on Fabregas), my 3 successive 4 pts hit not only allowed me to build my team value while holding on my WC and netted me 23 additional instant points.

What does this ode to myself really show?

One way to look at it could be praising myself and telling you how great I am at making transfers and readjusting my team blahblahblah... Yeah I could do that, that'd please my ego and boost my self-esteem. I could also add that for GW1 & 2 I respectively played Guzan & Myhill away getting a 16 pts return (instead of 4 - so another 12 pts shift in my favour). But, if I do so, what about benching Myhill this week and wasting 7 points on my(hill) bench?

No. My way to look at it is: great I timed and played my transfers almost to perfection but why was I needing them in the first place? It was not due to unfortunate injuries. No, reality is it was due to bad choices on my behalf initially. Walcott was a gamble. It failed. Bony? Wwhat was I thinking? Fabregas? Just lazily put him in as my Chelsea attacking cover hoping for a last year season start replica :o... My defense was well balanced. So "had" to sell a premium def to accomodate Kolarov in. Granted Chelsea epically failed home to Palace ; honestly I've been "lucky" here, I know Chelsea are not firing on all cylinders but losing at home to Palace is a step forward.

So, my greatly working points hits were actually just a recovery from what was in reality a rushed unbalanced GW1 team.
    And if I'm 100% honest in my inner FPL analysis psychotherapy :P I have to mention that, so far, had I played my WC for GW3 I'd be about 25-35 pts better off with a more valuable team.

To conclude this "essay" I'd just say that coming here and saying your points hits worked a treat is a nice way of presenting things but does not necessarily illustrate a successful way of playing. Again hits are a recovery and we don't always have to associate recovery with bad luck.

I just can't believe I haven't taken a points hit yet. This is so not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »
    Just throwing my own example here...

GW2: Walcott + Bony (+ Kane would have been (C) + Wanyama to sub in for Wally) -> Payet + Benteke (C) (+ Kane) = 0 + 1 (+ 4 + 2) -> 9 + 18 - 4 (+ 2) = 7 -> 25

GW3: Kane + Rooney (would have been (C)) -> Gomis + Aguero (C) = 2 + 4 -> 6 + 4 - 4 = 6 -> 6

GW4: Fabregas + Azpilicueta -> Pedro + Kolarov = 2 + 2 -> 7 + 6 - 4 = 4 -> 9

If I factor in the £0.1m I didn't lose and the ones I gained (though I got Kolarov late and lost value on Fabregas), my 3 successive 4 pts hit not only allowed me to build my team value while holding on my WC and netted me 23 additional instant points.

What does this ode to myself really show?

One way to look at it could be praising myself and telling you how great I am at making transfers and readjusting my team blahblahblah... Yeah I could do that, that'd please my ego and boost my self-esteem. I could also add that for GW1 & 2 I respectively played Guzan & Myhill away getting a 16 pts return (instead of 4 - so another 12 pts shift in my favour). But, if I do so, what about benching Myhill this week and wasting 7 points on my(hill) bench?

No. My way to look at it is: great I timed and played my transfers almost to perfection but why was I needing them in the first place? It was not due to unfortunate injuries. No, reality is it was due to bad choices on my behalf initially. Walcott was a gamble. It failed. Bony? Wwhat was I thinking? Fabregas? Just lazily put him in as my Chelsea attacking cover hoping for a last year season start replica :o... My defense was well balanced. So "had" to sell a premium def to accomodate Kolarov in. Granted Chelsea epically failed home to Palace ; honestly I've been "lucky" here, I know Chelsea are not firing on all cylinders but losing at home to Palace is a step forward.

So, my greatly working points hits were actually just a recovery from what was in reality a rushed unbalanced GW1 team.
    And if I'm 100% honest in my inner FPL analysis psychotherapy :P I have to mention that, so far, had I played my WC for GW3 I'd be about 25-35 pts better off with a more valuable team.

To conclude this "essay" I'd just say that coming here and saying your points hits worked a treat is a nice way of presenting things but does not necessarily illustrate a successful way of playing. Again hits are a recovery and we don't always have to associate recovery with bad luck.

The main reason I've been posting my hits this season is, not to boast, but to show others that a -4 can be worth it.

Last season, I was too conservative, as I've previously said, and, with hindsight, I can now see that effected my performance. I really should have taken a -4 for a Saints defender early in the season. Later, I should have gone -4 after the Pelle debacle with my January wildcard.

I'd see still having our wildcards as a huge advantage for later weeks. It's unfortunate that it has to be played before Xmas but with injuries, suspensions and the form players changing constantly, it's a bonus to have it available.

We all know that what is currently the template team will invariably change. Look at the difference Pedro is making. United signing a big name striker before the window closes could also have a huge effect.

We have the option to rip our whole team apart and start again. That is gone for others. And, while you may see it as 25/30 points lost now, it could easily be 25/30 points gained at a more important stage of the season.

Jaysus, all I was saying was is that it would be nice to get an immediate 'bounce' from a points hit as I've never had one! I don't take many hits in fairness, maybe 4-5 a season.

I take hits to rectify a problem so am happy I broke even as I now have, in my view, a better team. I'm merely commenting that it would be great if I got 'lucky' just once with a hit! Don't think that is unreasonable?

• Advertisement

Jaysus, all I was saying was is that it would be nice to get an immediate 'bounce' from a points hit as I've never had one! I don't take many hits in fairness, maybe 4-5 a season.

I take hits to rectify a problem so am happy I broke even as I now have, in my view, a better team. I'm merely commenting that it would be great if I got 'lucky' just once with a hit! Don't think that is unreasonable?

Off the cuff comments like your one are ripe for dissecting and disproving on a Sunday morning, I'm picturing the long suffering Mrs Iroced and Mrs Lemlin (although she's quite the FPL shark herself:p) putting on their coats and readying themselves for a day out at the Louvre and the Bailieboro agricultural show respectively while the lads are furiously looking though their boards and fpl history with the Rothmans Football yearbooks open on the desk.:o:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

This is what I done. I never do transfers this early. Especially with an international break. But
    with news of Clichy's injury and more attacking potential from Kolarov than Kompany I decided to do it. Kolarov should rise before next deadline. Had Kompany from the start so got some good points and profit from him. Money just seems more important this year so I'll probably take more risks to build up team value early in the season.

Lemlin wrote: »
    The main reason I've been posting my hits this season is, not to boast, but to show others that a -4 can be worth it.
    Ah yeah my post was not in reference to yours particularly. Mainly it was based on my own experience. I gave this year figures because they were quick to find and interesting as I managed to rescue my badly shaped team with some calculated hits. But, I also wanted to point out that quite often, what I'd call "tactical" hits (getting in players you feel will make your team better mid to long term) don't work immediately but eventually you can get rewarded for them ;).

Don't know how you perceived my Sunday morning essay :p but what I wanted to point out is quite often, the best working hits are the ones recovering from previous mistakes/bad choices/players getting injured or losing their place. In your case, it sounds more like a tactical hit, removing 2 guaranteed starters, including a "star" in order to get a better mid-term team in your view. Much more difficult to make it work instantaneously. In the end, you broke even. In my view, it's worth a 10-pts-gain-over-non-playing-players hit ;).
    Off the cuff comments like your one are ripe for dissecting and disproving on a Sunday morning, I'm picturing the long suffering Mrs Iroced and Mrs Lemlin (although she's quite the FPL shark herself:p) putting on their coats and readying themselves for a day out at the Louvre and the Bailieboro agricultural show respectively while the lads are furiously looking though their boards and fpl history with the Rothmans Football yearbooks open on the desk.:o:P

The Louvres? In August ???!!! Naahh, now is (was) still the time to enjoy a 30°C afternoon in the 23°C Mediterranean :D.

iroced wrote: »

The Louvres? In August ???!!! Naahh, now is (was) still the time to enjoy a 30°C afternoon in the 23°C Mediterranean :D.

Well I hope you at least had some frogs legs and were rude to a few foreigners:p;)

Well I hope you at least had some frogs legs and were rude to a few foreigners:p;)
    Nope but have a good 2 and a half hours drive to do now so will behave like a d*ck with all the foreign cars giving out about them searching their way and not going fast enough for my taste :D :pac: :rolleyes: :pac: => => =>...

Advertisement