Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 4 Transfer Thread (adios Rooney gu'lad)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Deco99 wrote: »
    I'll Simplify, Courtouis or Azpilicueta? Do i need chelsea cover defensively?

Azpi's probably got his one goal for the season out of the way and he's not great for assists (4 over the last two seasons), so I'd definitely opt for Courtois - cheaper, less likely to get booked, more likely to get additional points through saves. There's always the chance he'll miss a few games like last season, but since it's Begovic rather than Cech who's waiting in the wings I think it's less likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Ruiney and mata out: wilson and pedro in

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

djPSB wrote: »
    Are you planning on holding the wildcard for a while?

Hoping to try and hold it until December and around Xmas. I've had a decent start compared to others so I don't mind taking some hits to straighten out team.

The in form players should have changed by then so it'll be handy to have it available to get the team setup for the Xmas period.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Azpilicueta and Depay out.

Sagna and Pedro in.

Going purely on form I'm happy to go from Chelsea defence/United attack to City defence/Chelsea attack. Took a -4 to do it but as a double they cost the same. Pedro really excites me as a potential points machine.

PARlance wrote: »
    Ya, he jumped out at me last weekend. He's in my team but I would have more faith in Arsenal coming good sooner than United.

Things may change this week if United sign a striker. At the minute they should even take Charlie Austin if they need to! Ed Woodward has to be doing his best scouring Europe to try and get someone.

Like I said on the price changes thread, I don't see the love for Depay. In 23% of teams yet hasn't delivered a goal or assist and two of his games were against relegation candidates.

8.5 is too much IMO for a player that is adjusting to the League. Kagawa for example had good stats from a better League than the Dutch League and never succeeded at United. I was stung by him when he initially arrived and won't be caught again.

• Advertisement

Bump!

Sakho to Wilson and Payet to Pedro? Benteke has looked decent alright but I wouldn't rush to get him in. Liverpool haven't clicked attacking yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Lemlin wrote: »
    Things may change this week if United sign a striker. At the minute they should even take Charlie Austin if they need to! Ed Woodward has to be doing his best scouring Europe to try and get someone.

Like I said on the price changes thread, I don't see the love for Depay. In 23% of teams yet hasn't delivered a goal or assist and two of his games were against relegation candidates.

8.5 is too much IMO for a player that is adjusting to the League. Kagawa for example had good stats from a better League than the Dutch League and never succeeded at United. I was stung by him when he initially arrived and won't be caught again.

Exactly, Depay could easily become the greatest player ever FPL wise but so far he has only delivered 3 points per game.

WC active, brought in Pedro for Hazard, Aguero for Rooney, Memphis for Sterling, Wilson for Sakho.

IEYK75p.png

Could definitely do something with the bench, I have 0.9m in the bank.

Very like my own team. Why have Flapianski when Courtois will play every week? I'd leave the bench alone and change Fab to a 4.0 'keeper and change Yaya to Silva if you have enough.

You also have Courtois to cover Chelsea so why not change Azpi to a Unired defender? I have Shaw myself because I got him at 5.5 but a lot of people favour Darmian.

Other than that, I would leave as is if you're sure about Depay. I've said my own piece on him above.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Sakho to Wilson and Payet to Pedro? Benteke has looked decent alright but I wouldn't rush to get him in. Liverpool haven't clicked attacking yet.

I have my heart set on Benteke his next 4 games look good including West Ham, Norwich & Villa at home, Pedro I feel I need to get Chelsea coverage in, I have nothing at the minute. If only I could do it in 2 transfers aaaaaaaaaaaargh, I'll see nearer the deadline, decisions decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Courtois,Ramsey,Gomis
    Or
    Mig, Silva,Wilson?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Brought in Darmian and Shaw for Ivanovic and O'Shea. Chelsea look brutal at the back so far, I'm shocked!

Looking at bringing in Gomis for Pelle next but I'll see how things pan out. I may cave in and get Mahrez.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Since Ferguson stepped down I'm struggling to think of a utd attacking player that has been worth owning apart from.ADM in his purple patch last year. I've wildcarded for rvp twice and got burnt. Rooney was a supposed must have the past 2 seasons. Mata when he signed. People got caught with Falcao. Even januzaj created a bit of a fuss a couple of yrs back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Rooney, kane, lescott out. Aguero, Wilson, Clyne in. Yay or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Rooney, kane, lescott out. Aguero, Wilson, Clyne in. Yay or nay?

Makes sense, although maybe not clyne. Sagna or kolarov?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Makes sense, although maybe not clyne. Sagna or kolarov?

Have kompany already. Liverpool have decent fixtures coming up.

Would most be saving the triple points for captain for a double gw?

Right, I'm nearly there bar injuries or other developments

Courtouis (Maccarthy)

Gomez - Shaw - Sagna ( Steven Taylor, Russel Martin)

Silva - Sanchez - Mahrez - Pedro (Morrison 4.9m for a playing midfielder)

Aguero - Gomis - Wilson

0.3m in bank

I;m going to ride the silva train over Yaya, I'm on Wildcard so can make adjustments.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 moose522

stones sends in transfer request. Should I take him out? Say he wont play every match should he go chelsea. what do ye think?

moose522 wrote: »
    stones sends in transfer request. Should I take him out? Say he wont play every match should he go chelsea. what do ye think?

Nothing has happened yet. I'd hold tight and see. I think he has a decent chance if, and that's a big if, a move goes through.

moose522 wrote: »

Agreed, wont play every game, how much is he and is there better value elsewhere in defence is the question

• Registered Users Posts: 18 moose522

Agreed, wont play every game, how much is he and is there better value elsewhere in defence is the question

I have him on the bench anyway for the time being, more or likley chances is that he wont start the next match if he does stay around for that long

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

spock. wrote:
    Damn it I really want Pedro now. Depay + Bellerin --> Pedro + Francis (-4) is tempting.

I've done this. Bellerin with a lucky cleanie helped pay for the hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Fabregas out, Yaya in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭My Darling Clementine

Yaya or Silva?

Yaya or Silva?

Silva if possible for me.,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Yaya or Silva?

I've gone with both! Transferred Silva in for Hazard. Going to WC next week so taking a punt on a City front three!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

OUT - Sterling / Hazard / Fletcher

IN- Mahrez / Gradel / AGUEROOOOOO

-8 this week but still have wildcard

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Very like my own team. Why have Flapianski when Courtois will play every week? I'd leave the bench alone and change Fab to a 4.0 'keeper and change Yaya to Silva if you have enough.

You also have Courtois to cover Chelsea so why not change Azpi to a Unired defender? I have Shaw myself because I got him at 5.5 but a lot of people favour Darmian.

Other than that, I would leave as is if you're sure about Depay. I've said my own piece on him above.

Fabianski is a good backup for me, he's even got me a clean sheet when Courtois was suspended. I think I'll stick with him for the moment.

Azpi has more attacking potential than any of the United defenders right now. I might change to a United defender when the fixtures suit better.

Depay is my crap-shoot. He could pay off, or I could be offloading him in a few weeks ruing lost points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Fabianski is a good backup for me, he's even got me a clean sheet when Courtois was suspended. I think I'll stick with him for the moment.

Azpi has more attacking potential than any of the United defenders right now. I might change to a United defender when the fixtures suit better.

Depay is my crap-shoot. He could pay off, or I could be offloading him in a few weeks ruing lost points.

Most would feel that much for a gk you'll bench almost every week is a serious waste of budget which could be getting you points elsewhere.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

FHFC wrote: »
    Most would feel that much for a gk you'll bench almost every week is a serious waste of budget which could be getting you points elsewhere.

True but I'm happy enough with it for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,866 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Morrison at 4.9 is a must have imo. Two goal haul, along with a missed peno, against Chelsea and a nice fixture list over the next eight gameweeks.

Home games: Southampton, Everton, Sunderland, Leicester

Away games: Stoke, Villa, Palace, Norwich

Advertisement