Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Niemoj wrote: »
    Friend signed up, used her married and the card she used to top up being in her maiden name. Support got a bit iffy saying she needed to take a pic with a bank statement and ID and all this, account is blocked now and she's waiting for support to unblock.

I can understand them being weary about fraud but this plus the fact support takes donkeys to respond is a nuisance.

Firstly, it was her own fault. What did she expect?

Secondly, I've never waited more than a couple of minutes for support to respond. Her case is clearly not an instant fix.

And finally, the word is wary.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Anyone having problems trying to withdraw funds? Stick in the IBAN and BIK but the checkmark/tick to confirm stays greyed out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

do you need to wait until the physical card is delivered before you can do transactions?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

timple23 wrote: »
    do you need to wait until the physical card is delivered before you can do transactions?

No. The card you see in the app is exactly the same as the one you'll get.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Firstly, it was her own fault. What did she expect?

Secondly, I've never waited more than a couple of minutes for support to respond. Her case is clearly not an instant fix.

And finally, the word is wary.

Yeah I realise that, it's just frustrating enough to be waiting for support for so long only for the response to be a clearly copy/pasted message saying the account was suspended!

She's emailed them all the things they requested so hopefully it'll be sorted tomorrow or that.

Also, is spelling really all that important, as lng as am nt spling lik dis then what concern is it that I misspelt one word? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Amouar wrote: »
    I changed the pin on the app.

I won't be able to use the card on the atm as my new pin doesn't work and forgot the old pin.

Just go into the app MY CARD and press SHOW PIN.

The PIN is not stored on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Xcellor wrote: »
    Just go into the app MY CARD and press SHOW PIN.

The PIN is not stored on the card.

The pin shown on the app is the new pin i changed last week and which didn't work today after 2 tries :(

Anyone has PIN issues with this card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

In the UK at the moment, seem to be getting an error when try to exchange money on the app. Is this happening to anyone else? It was working today the last few days. I tried restarting the app, no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

The pin shown on the app is the new pin i changed last week and which didn't work today after 2 tries :(

Have exactly same problem. Changed pin (can see it in app) however doesn't work & don't remember old pin. Let me know if you find solution. Haven't tried contacting them yet...

flyguy wrote: »
    Have exactly same problem. Changed pin (can see it in app) however doesn't work & don't remember old pin. Let me know if you find solution. Haven't tried contacting them yet...
    I'll try to contact them next week. Let me know if you find a solution too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

flyguy wrote: »

Have you tried the new pin at an ATM? That worked for me. New PIN didn't work in the shop but worked in ATM then worked everywhere. It just had to be updated on the chip

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Have you tried the new pin at an ATM? That worked for me. New PIN didn't work in the shop but worked in ATM then worked everywhere. It just had to be updated on the chip

I didn't try it on the ATM. I will try next week and let you know. Thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,356 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Verification has been stuck on "Processing" for the last couple of days, when it says it only takes 15 minutes?!

Wtf is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Xcellor

martyos121 wrote: »
    Verification has been stuck on "Processing" for the last couple of days, when it says it only takes 15 minutes?!

Wtf is going on.

Dont know but their support seems a bit hit and miss... Took everything barring a urine sample to get them to verify my account.

Now I am not even able to top up "Code: ," is the useful message I get. Support told me to reinstall app. I did this then they stopped replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Exactly the same problem. My card is already blocked for failing 3 times. Revolut support is beyond useless :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Seems to be a lot of complaints on UK forums as well. Looks like the company has grown too fast and can't handle the current volumes. Pity as the the product and idea behind it seem great.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,356 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of complaints on UK forums as well. Looks like the company has grown too fast and can't handle the current volumes. Pity as the the product and idea behind it seem great.

When the CEO and CFO are replying to customer support emails, you know they're vastly understaffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Vuzuggu wrote: »

Thanks, this worked for me as well. As you said new pin (the one the app shows me) did not work on chip/pin machines but did on atm. To be sure I changed my pin (to the same pin) on the atm and it seemed to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

I changed the pin on the app.

I won't be able to use the card on the atm as my new pin doesn't work and forgot the old pin.

I had exactly the same problem. Have been onto support for days with still no joy.

edit: Just seeing above post about trying it in an ATM, I'll try that now, and hopefully the ATM won't swallow the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Delofan

Signed up and transferred €10 to my Revolut account on 5th Sept. Used a bank transfer having created a payee for Revolut.

It hit my account on the 9th Sept.

On 10th I transferred €50 using the same bank transfer payee to Revolut. On the 17th no sign of the money in my account. Contacted Revolut support. They requested bank statement of transaction. Sent screenshots of this immediately.

Contacted support again on 18th re progress. No reply to date.

Will update post when I have further information.

It seems like a great concept but this is the first time I have had a bank transfer go missing.

• Advertisement

I didn't try it on the ATM. I will try next week and let you know. Thanks for the tip!

My card worked using the new pin on an ATM. I changed the pin on the ATM to the same one, just to make sure it will work next time.

For those who used a CC to top up: Did you receive any cash advance fee from your bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Delofan wrote: »
    Signed up and transferred €10 to my Revolut account on 5th Sept. Used a bank transfer having created a payee for Revolut.

It hit my account on the 9th Sept.

On 10th I transferred €50 using the same bank transfer payee to Revolut. On the 17th no sign of the money in my account. Contacted Revolut support. They requested bank statement of transaction. Sent screenshots of this immediately.

Contacted support again on 18th re progress. No reply to date.

Will update post when I have further information.

It seems like a great concept but this is the first time I have had a bank transfer go missing.

That's a bit of a joke! Out of curiosity is there a reason for bank transfer top ups over the debit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

For those who used a CC to top up: Did you get receive any cash advance fee from your bank?

I used a credit card on a test run and a cash advance didn't appear. AIB Mastercard

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I transferred cash back to my current a/c last night.. still hasn't shown up though.

The more I read here the more I think that this company has bitten off more than it can chew. Pity cause it's a great concept and with the demise of the O2 card - to be replaced by a more expensive 3 version - it's something I am in the market for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Transfer to bank account has taken 2 days the last 2 times I've done it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Just to give everyone some feedback on using this card.

I went to the UK on the weekend and used it all weekend with no problems.
    I topped up via credit card before I left. no cash advance fee from my credit card company. ATM's worked no issue. paying for food/Drinks in pubs with no issue. the great thing is that in the app the transactions and balance are all displayed within seconds of being processed so its great knowing exactly where you stand with the card.

no issues with changing pin or the app.

I've had zero issues with this card and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

why would you take money off the card? surely just spend it?

I have used it successfully for the last three weeks, no problems at all things like esta visa, amazon.co.uk etc. works in atms. use my atm card to put money onto it, takes 10 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

why would you take money off the card? surely just spend it?

I went over on a bit of a budget & I was getting a better exchange rate from revolut rather than BOI. also If I put transactions on the credit card it wouldnt show up on 365online for a few days plus I owuldnt know the amounts either so I wouldnt know how much I spent. Revolut just made it so much easier dealing in the same currency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

crazyderk wrote: »
    I went over on a bit of a budget & I was getting a better exchange rate from revolut rather than BOI. also If I put transactions on the credit card it wouldnt show up on 365online for a few days plus I owuldnt know the amounts either so I wouldnt know how much I spent. Revolut just made it so much easier dealing in the same currency

yep totally agree. Not sure why people would want to move money from revolut back to their bank accounts though. just use it for everyday stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement