Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭Sono

henke wrote: »
    Any handy way to verify yourself. The app is a disaster taking a picture and doing nothing

Certainly doesn't seem to be, I've tried loads of times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Just heard of this crowd today, have a Neteller card but charged a lot of fees.
    Any one know if its okay to use the card for sports betting and trading and can i use my neteller card to top it up.

I think someone got a scolding for using the card for gambling a few pages back.

For the verifying, i had trouble getting it to take the picture but then i put it under a better light source and it went through immediately, (though then it said the phone had no nfc chip so still not verified)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭henke

Satriale wrote:
    For the verifying, i had trouble getting it to take the picture but then i put it under a better light source and it went through immediately, (though then it said the phone had no nfc chip so still not verified)

Did it end up verified?

Satriale wrote: »

I've had all green corners on both id's but still nothing, have had it green for up to a minute and still nothing happened, very annoying

• Advertisement

henke wrote: »
    Did it end up verified?

No, tried it again there with Hotknot on. Image went through fine but still no chip read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Heading to UK. Can I leave my deposits in euro or do I have to switch them to sterling?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Heading to UK. Can I leave my deposits in euro or do I have to switch them to sterling?

- You don't have to switch - I would keep money in Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Satriale wrote: »
    I think someone got a scolding for using the card for gambling a few pages back.

I tried adding it to a Paddypower account but they won't accept it as its a prepaid card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,407 ✭✭✭irishgeo

machalla wrote: »
    I tried adding it to a Paddypower account but they won't accept it as its a prepaid card.

It's against the terms and conditions of the revoult card anyway.

I was reading the terms and conditions what does this mean under the not allowed section.
    Provide yourself a cash advance from your credit card (or help others to do so);

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Signed up, immediate £5 bonus using MSE.
    Looks good so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

irishgeo wrote: »
    It's against the terms and conditions of the revoult card anyway.

I was reading the terms and conditions what does this mean under the not allowed section.

Im guessing it means you cant withdraw money to the card from gambling sites.
    Anyone know if they will allow you to top up using the netteller plus card.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I tried to verify with my passport yesterday evening and it's still stuck on processing, anyone have this problem? Seems to be taking an unusually long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Why is everyone verifying their account? You only need to if lodging over 1500£.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Why is everyone verifying their account

Would guess withdrawing money, money laundering etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭guessaname

silly question..

can we load money in euros in revolut card and use it in shops to pay in euros? no conversion rate here just euros to euros. its safe to load some money while travelling in EU and use it to pay in euros

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

guessaname wrote: »
    silly question..

can we load money in euros in revolut card and use it in shops to pay in euros? no conversion rate here just euros to euros. its safe to load some money while travelling in EU and use it to pay in euros

Yes to all questions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭guessaname

Techmaster wrote: »
    Yes to all questions :)

Does AIB charge anything if we withdraw Euros in Eurozone ATMs using AIB debit card? I know it charges some money if we withdraw cash from any non AIB ATM in Ireland but it refunds it if we swipe aib debit card at least once every 3 months at POS. Does the same rule apply for Eurozone ATMs or do they charge some cross border fee?

Why is everyone verifying their account? You only need to if lodging over 1500£.

I thought once you reach 1500 deposited from time you start the account you will then need to verify, can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Anyone use their card details from the app to make online purchases before you receiving the physical card in the post?

I'm vying for something from a UK website and would prefer to get a zero fee conversion (that Revolut offers).... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

I used it before I got the physical card, no problems at all

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ExcaliburRisen

Every time I try to top up from a Debit Card via the App I get a "something went wrong error and to try again" error. I get the same error when requesting the physical card. I contacted support via the App and they suggested uninstalling and reinstalling which I did to no avail. Contacted support via the App again and have received no response. I have also emailed them yesterday and have not received a response yet.
    I've also uninstalled and reinstalled a couple more times but still get the error.
    Has anyone else run into this issue?
    Funnily enough I was able to verify my identity using my Passport without any issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Every time I try to top up from a Debit Card via the App I get a "something went wrong error and to try again" error. I get the same error when requesting the physical card. I contacted support via the App and they suggested uninstalling and reinstalling which I did to no avail. Contacted support via the App again and have received no response. I have also emailed them yesterday and have not received a response yet.
    I've also uninstalled and reinstalled a couple more times but still get the error.
    Has anyone else run into this issue?
    Funnily enough I was able to verify my identity using my Passport without any issue.

I had no problems on my own but another 1 I set up for a friend I got problems with after the initial £10 top up and getting the £5 free.

Long story short, contacted support via the app and via email and they all told me the account should be unlocked now, I can use away but nope still acted like it was locked.

After being told this multiple times by multiple representatives, I randomly got an email saying my account was now unlocked and ready to use (and it finally was) but lying fúckers in the first place telling me it was when it wasn't.

/EndRant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

I changed my pin last week before using my card with the initial pin. I tried using my card today and it didn't accept my pin. Did anyone have the same problem? My guess is that the old pin is still valid even though I can see my new pin on the app. I don't remember the initial pin so can't really use the card now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

You really need to change the pin via the card with an ATM. The PIN is stored on the card chip.
    I changed the pin on the app.

I won't be able to use the card on the atm as my new pin doesn't work and forgot the old pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

hi, what would the potential saving be on a transaction of 600 dollars using the revolut card as opposed to using aib card and paypal?

when checking out on ebay could you use revolut card instead of logging into your paypal account and save more or would it be the same if you logged in and paid with revolut card on your paypal account?

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

You find out how much you'll save by using the card on their site.
    https://revolut.com/savings

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Friend signed up, used her married and the card she used to top up being in her maiden name. Support got a bit iffy saying she needed to take a pic with a bank statement and ID and all this, account is blocked now and she's waiting for support to unblock.

I can understand them being weary about fraud but this plus the fact support takes donkeys to respond is a nuisance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement