Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

machalla wrote: »
    I definitely used a gift card and paid the remaining balance from the revolut card on Amazon about 2 weeks ago.
    Yes, you're correct - I did the same myself last night & the balance due was taken from my card. I found the post I was thinking about & it was about mixing different curreny balances e.g. if you need £20 for a purchase & have £10 balance in your sterling account & €14 balance in your euro account it won't convert the €14 to sterling to make up the £10 needed - you have to have the total amount needed to be in at least one currency balance regardless of what currency it's in.

I recently received my card and I have tried a number of times to top-up via my VISA debit card. However after a number of go’s I get this message each time..

“Either you submitted a request that is missing a mandatory field or the value of a field foes not match the format expected.”[/I]

I called them about it and the guy could see I was attempting the top-up’s but didn’t know why they were not working. I called BoI too and its not an issue on their side.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Did you definitely enter values for your visadebit card number, expiry date & CVV?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Neither Paddypower nor PayPal will allow me to add this card to my account.
    Anyone else have a similar problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Neither Paddypower nor PayPal will allow me to add this card to my account.
    Anyone else have a similar problem?

I don't think PayPal like prepaid cards anyway (though I could be wrong) and use on gambling sites is against the Revolut T&Cs

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

I was able to add it to my paypal and used to purchase via paypal

• Advertisement

I was able to add it to my paypal and used to purchase via paypal

What did you set as the address? Maybe that's what caused the issue.

Apologies, ignore the above, just got it to accept it I think and Paypal took 90 cents... verification I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ablelocks

should i get this card before going to UK then and just use it for all my transactions? Going to cardiff on the 9th oct - if i order today, do you think I'll have it and set up by then?

ta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭J_R

Apologies, ignore the above, just got it to accept it I think and Paypal took 90 cents... verification I assume.

Hi,

yes Paypal also took $1.00 from me. Amazon took £1.00 when I registered.

Tried to use it over the phone to a UK florist, but florist were told it was "Prohibited". Contacted support who advised for security reasons can not be used over the phone.

Otherwise very happy with the card

ablelocks wrote: »
    should i get this card before going to UK then and just use it for all my transactions? Going to cardiff on the 9th oct - if i order today, do you think I'll have it and set up by then?

ta

I had mine delivered in 5 working days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

ablelocks wrote: »

ta

Yes and Yes :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

just a simple question if you travel to another country and change to a cheaper carrier Sim card your telephone no is different than that at registration what happens.Are you blocked out of your account.

DERICKOO wrote: »
    just a simple question if you travel to another country and change to a cheaper carrier Sim card your telephone no is different than that at registration what happens.Are you blocked out of your account.
    No, you just won't be able to top it up or view transactions but the account remains active for online purchases (& ATM withdrawals if you have a physical card) once there are funds to meet them.

So basically I top up to maximum before I leave.When I'm there there is no way to top up using the new sim card ok.

If I use my existing Sim.... number registered at registration..Vodafone over wifi can I then top up.Lets say I'm in India.
    I am registered for this card.

DERICKOO wrote: »
    So basically I top up to maximum before I leave.When I'm there there is no way to top up using the new sim card ok.

If I use my existing Sim.... number registered at registration..Vodafone over wifi can I then top up.Lets say I'm in India.
    I am registered for this card.
    Yes use your existing SIM to top up. I wouldn't advise topping up to maximum before you leave (in case something goes wrong) I'd top up in sums of €500 - €1000 at a time.

Thank you for your reply much appreciated.Clear instructions.

My experience with the set up was this. I loaded the software and realised my location was off,clicked location on tried to connect but was stumped at SMS kept asking for new SMS number. Deleted app and reinstalled per instruction from support remembering to leave location on. Well everything went smoothly loaded up with €10 OK.It was my fault having location turned off at software upload.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

No, you just won't be able to top it up or view transactions but the account remains active for online purchases (& ATM withdrawals if you have a physical card) once there are funds to meet them.

I've been using the app with a Nepali Sim Card in my phone. Was no issue at all. Signed up with my Three Ireland number then when I got over there swapped to the local sim. Only issue is if you log out of the app and need to get a verification code texted to the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Been using this without a problem in London for the past few days, all shops, pubs, ATM's, underground. just transfer from my bank card when I need to top up on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Been using this without a problem in London for the past few days, all shops, pubs, ATM's, underground. just transfer from my bank card when I need to top up on the go.

Can you use it to access the tube (like previously registered UK prepaid/credit cards can) or just to buy tickets in the tube?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭chair28

Worst customer service I have ever witnessed.....
    So bad it's comical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

chair28 wrote: »
    Worst customer service I have ever witnessed.....
    So bad it's comical

Absolutely scandalous considering it's a virtually free service you'd think they'd at least have the best customer service going ffs. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Delofan

After a shaky start I have been using my card to make purchases in shops and take money from an ATM.

Had a problem with my first purchase as I had changed my pin on the app but did not realise that the pin for the card had to be changed by using in an ATM. Once I did this its been working fine in shops. I had sent a support request through the app but did not receive a reply. A browse through this thread put me in the right direction.

Linked to Paypal and have made a number of purchases. Have to be careful to ensure you select the right currency and card when Paypal is selected.

Sent invitations to a number of friends who have joined and topped up but have yet to receive the rewards. Has anyone received theirs as yet?

Love the way all purchases are logged on the app and the exchange rates are totally transparent.

Would recommend to anyone but be careful to test out with a number of transactions at home before using abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Is it possible to top this up using a Paypal balance?

Is it possible to top this up using a Paypal balance?

Nah, only way for that is to withdraw from paypal to bank, then bank to revolut but I'm guessing you're just wanting a quick and easy way to withdraw the actual cash huh. So paypal to bank is only option, usually takes about 2-3 days for transfers to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭chair28

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Absolutely scandalous considering it's a virtually free service you'd think they'd at least have the best customer service going ffs. :rolleyes:

What's with the attitude? I ordered one and still haven't received it. I've been in touch several times and nobody seems to have a clue what's going on. I've been told 3 different reasons why the card isn't here by the same guy. It's pathetic and I'm only putting it in here just so people would know what to expect.... So keep your smart arse comments to yourself ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Can you use it to access the tube (like previously registered UK prepaid/credit cards can) or just to buy tickets in the tube?

No because I don't think it's a contactless carx, I could be wrong on that thou. I just used it to top up the oyster card

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ordered Thursday night, arrived today. Not contactless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Anybody use the card to top up Leap card using Luas, DART or Commuter Rail ticket machines in the ‘Short Hop Zone’?

- Used Luas ticket machine earlier tonight to top up Leap card -no problem.

chair28 wrote: »
    What's with the attitude? I ordered one and still haven't received it. I've been in touch several times and nobody seems to have a clue what's going on. I've been told 3 different reasons why the card isn't here by the same guy. It's pathetic and I'm only putting it in here just so people would know what to expect.... So keep your smart arse comments to yourself ffs

Putting a bit of context first time around might have helped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm having problems with it on a site I use and the site's support reckons it could be because the country of issue (UK?) doesn't match my Irish address.

Bit pointless if that's the case... for me anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement