Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 3 Transfer "Aguerrrrooooo" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

v3ttel wrote: »
    Considering:

Benteke/Rooney -> Aguero
    Hazard -> Silva/Yaya

Yay or nay? Worried about transferring out Rooney when Newcastle are so awful, and worried about transferring out Benteke when he could do damage on Monday (but he is away to Arsenal next).

I would be worried Rooney might drop. Have you any Utd midfield cover cover? If you have Mata for Depay I wouldn't worry about transferring Rooney out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Walcott -> Navas
    Rooney -> Aguero

Pure stubbornness is the only thing stopping me from wildcarding now, had a transfer banked from last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I would be worried Rooney might drop. Have you any Utd midfield cover cover? If you have Mata for Depay I wouldn't worry about transferring Rooney out

I do have Depay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I am thinking the same, especially considering Benteke is away to Arsenal next. I hate to make transfers during a gameweek though, especially without seeing how Benteke gets on.

I would like to catch the Aguero and Yaya/Silva price rises though, especially if Rooney is dropping.

Makes sense to sell Tekkers if you can stretch to it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Bit the bullet on wally and transferred in Sanchez.
    The 0.1 drop in value gives me a dilemma for getting Aguerro as second transfer this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I really want to wait until tomorrow night to make my transfers, but the rate at which Aguero is rising is forcing my hand.

Rooney & Sterling -> Yaya & Aguero

Is my current thinking. I'd really rather get Silva in, but I can't find that 1.5 to spare. It'd also mean a -8 rather than a -4, and I'm still set on keeping my WC.

Edit: Actually that's a miscalculation, I have 2 FTs. Hmm...

Edit 2: It wasn't a miscalculation, I already brought Payet in for Depay yesterday. Go home Necro you're drunk.

I really want to wait until tomorrow night to make my transfers, but the rate at which Aguero is rising is forcing my hand.

Rooney & Sterling -> Yaya & Aguero

Is my current thinking. I'd really rather get Silva in, but I can't find that 1.5 to spare. It'd also mean a -8 rather than a -4, and I'm still set on keeping my WC.

I'm in a similar position I am .5 short of bringing in Silva & Aguero. If you could pay £10 for the extra money would you do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

jimmii wrote: »
    Makes sense to sell Tekkers if you can stretch to it then.

Dropping Benteke means going for Yaya instead of Silva. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think Silva is probably overpriced but provides guaranteed consistent returns whereas Yaya could be famine or feast.

I'll probably hang on to Rooney and go for Yaya and Aguero. 1 assist out of 2 games is more than most of my other players have delivered and Newcastle have been very poor. Having Yaya gives me an extra 0.5 to play with also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Did Rooney, Puncheon and Ibe to Gomis, Toure and Mahrez for a -4. Have 0.4 left over to fix my back line next week starting with Coates. Giving Fabregas and Costa one last chance.

Dropping Benteke means going for Yaya instead of Silva. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think Silva is probably overpriced but provides guaranteed consistent returns whereas Yaya could be famine or feast.

I'll probably hang on to Rooney and go for Yaya and Aguero. 1 assist out of 2 games is more than most of my other players have delivered and Newcastle have been very poor.

10m is a hell of a lot for a player you are never going to captain though with their fixtures its not so bad in the short term but long term that would be my issue. 9m+ players have to be captainable to justify their value and if you have Aguero you are obviously always captaining him over Silva whereas at 8.5 its the top end of the range that you can get a player without the intention to captain them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

jimmii wrote:
    10m is a hell of a lot for a player you are never going to captain though with their fixtures its not so bad in the short term but long term that would be my issue. 9m+ players have to be captainable to justify their value and if you have Aguero you are obviously always captaining him over Silva whereas at 8.5 its the top end of the range that you can get a player without the intention to captain them.

This doesn't matter as much when Aguero is in form. I am going to captain Aguero for the foreseeable future now.
    And there's no way I'm only having one 9.0+ player in my team.

spock. wrote: »
    This doesn't matter as much when Aguero is in form. I am going to captain Aguero for the foreseeable future now.
    And there's no way I'm only having one 9.0+ player in my team.

Aguero being in form definitely helps and as I say that combined with the fixtures in the short term is certainly reasonable but long term its just bad value. Having one 9+ is obviously not the way to go you need options.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I was considering wildcard with my muck defence but it's only ManU and Man City that seem to be impressive. Walcott has to go, I'd really like to ship Hazard for Sanchez as well. Aguero can wait until Watford while I decide which of Rooney or Kane to bin

I was considering wildcard with my muck defence but it's only ManU and Man City that seem to be impressive. Walcott has to go, I'd really like to ship Hazard for Sanchez as well. Aguero can wait until Watford while I decide which of Rooney or Kane to bin

Go big time and rotate two City & two United! That would be so badass!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Just had to Wildcard. Did it before kick off to get Aguero in before the rise. I couldn't do it for a minus as I had waay too much deadwood. Dumped Rooney, Kane, Jedinak & John O'Shea.

Brought in Silva for MF & forwards are Aguero, Gomis & Zarate. I have swapped Hazard for Fabregas to improve my defence also.

Do you think it's a mistake to change Hazard? Team now is-
    Mingnolet / Schmeichel
    Gomez, Bellerin, Azpi, Shaw, Cedric
    Maheraz, Depay, Silva, Hoolahan, Fabregas
    Aguero, Gomis, Zarate.
    Have 0.1 in bank

Still not sure about defence though...

Tbh your defence is too strong if anything. I'd downgrade Cedric and maybe bellerin. I don't think it's necessary to have more than 2 premium defenders. I'd hold onto azpi as I think Chelsea will come good defensively and shaw because Utd are solid at the back. That would give you 1.5m to maybe upgrade a mid

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Mings looks like dropping but I don't want to waste a transfer on him, nor do I want to lose 0.1 or use my WC. Although it would be an excuse to Kolorov :)

Mahrez is rising but I was hoping to wait until after the Henderbus had played tomorrow to make my move there. I also want Silva and maybe Sanchez and have concerns over Rooney plummeting. I might have to do Mahrez tonight though.

Feck sake lads if ye could all just calm down and make no transfers, it's not my fault ye didn't start with Aguero :P

I'll just have to suck a few things up and hope to make them back in a few more weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

My team was so poisonous i've decided to wildcard

Managed to fit Aguero, Sanchez, Silva, Benteke and Man U and City defensive cover...no chelsea at all, will revisit them when they start to click

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I've 2 freebies. Transfers are as follows

Kane ---> Aguero
    Sterling ---> Yaya
    Walcott --- Mahrez

If I need more changes will wildcard later in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Theo to Mahrez done. Still got one FT and will ponder what move to make later in the week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Transfers made.

Depay, Sterling, and Rooney -> Payet, Yaya, and Aguero (-4). If City perform to a similar level next week then my next transfer may be Bellerin to Kolarov.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Anyone tempted to dump Hazard for Sanchez?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Antibac wrote: »

Bringing Sanchez in regardless, dumping Hazard for Silva is tempting me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Antibac wrote: »

Yes

I'm thinking of dropping Hazard and moving on with Costa for my Chelsea cover.

And moving Theo to Sanchez.

On a wildcard though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What a thread title

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

What a thread title

Yep, best move I made this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Depay -> Shelvey
    Rooney -> Aguero

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

Transfers made.

Depay, Sterling, and Rooney -> Payet, Yaya, and Aguero (-4). If City perform to a similar level next week then my next transfer may be Bellerin to Kolarov.

Watch Depay and Rooney tear Newcastle a new one on Saturday now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Would Rooney and Mings to Gomis and Darmian for -4 be worth it to avoid (some of) the price drops my team is facing?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Watch Depay and Rooney tear Newcastle a new one on Saturday now :P

I hope they do, early plans to buy both back on Sat morning once all the wheeling and dealing is done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

PARlance wrote: »
    I hope they do, early plans to buy both back on Sat morning once all the wheeling and dealing is done.

Rooney had one touch in the box against Villa. They highlighted on MoTD how bad he was and an English player has to be very poor for them to do that.

Advertisement