Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 3 Transfer "Aguerrrrooooo" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

May do Kane to Gomis and Mirallas to Silva for -4.

Not writing Kane off yet but I'll be wildcarding soon and could get him back then if need be.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Gone Pelle to Gomis before the price rise.

I now have the funds to do rooney to kun it's just a question of whether I take a 4 point hit this week or wait until next. I'll more than likely wait until next.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Kane to Gomis done for now.

If I do end up wildcarding I'll only have missed Albrighton as a potential money maker, and I don't think he'll make 0.2 as most going for a player in that range will go for Mahrez.

I now have enough itb to do Mirallas to either Silva or Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Dubstar07

Terrible start so far, even worse than last season! 42 pts total with 6 to play this gw.

Gone for Gomis & Mahrez in for Bony & Walters. Will hold off on a decision on Rooney, have just enough to switch to Aguero, assuming no major price changes.

Though tempted to hold, till after Newcastle. Wild card thoughts also creeping in, which I would normally hold off on at this stage......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Done Mings to Shaw and Kane to Gomis just before the rise. No hits

Going to leave Auegro to GW4 as fancy both Rooney(v Newcastle) and Sahko(v Bournmouth)- loser goes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

FHFC wrote: »

If I do end up wildcarding I'll only have missed Albrighton as a potential money maker, and I don't think he'll make 0.2 as most going for a player in that range will go for Mahrez.

Keeping Rooney? united defensive cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Rooney & Memphis out. Mahrez & Aguero in. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FourFourFM wrote: »

I know I've said this before but United will score goals against Newcastle. Easily look the worst defensive team in the league. Genuinely considering a risky captaincy.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭qwertyups

Aguero Costa Gomis looks the ideal front trio right now, tough to get a balanced team with them all though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Definitely holding Rooney for GW3. May have to take -4 to get rid of him in GW4 if he does f' all against newcastle. Otherwise I'll just use GW4 to free up money to be able to drop Rooney for Aguero in GW5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

did ritchie to mahrez have another transfer left. Ill see how hazard and walcott get on tomorrow. I may yet wildcard not fully commited to it yet though.

Same here. Payet not rising has tempted me.

However if my 6 players today keep up my average of 2 points per player the WC will be activated I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

FourFourFM wrote: »

Memphis had shot after shot yesterday at some point a few will start flying in! In gw1 no one had as many shots as he did on Friday so if you do sell be prepared for the regret at some point!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

jimmii wrote: »
    Memphis had shot after shot yesterday at some point a few will start flying in! In gw1 no one had as many shots as he did on Friday.

Agree. Even though he wasnt great during Friday game it's no denying he's the United attacking player to have

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Benimar wrote: »
    Same here. Payet not rising has tempted me.

However if my 6 players today keep up my average of 2 points per player the WC will be activated I feel.

im finding it hard to wildcard this week as a lot of the players ill take out have good fixtures. I also want to play that 253 chip before I wildcard.
    Mccarthy
    kolorav bassong
    mahrez mane hazard walcott ramsey
    rooney benteke deeney

1 f.t left I can turn one of mane walcott hazard ramsey into payet after today.
    I also expect city, utd, chelsea and arsenal to make a signing before the end of the window that will shake things up another reason to hold the wildcard.
    Disclaimer: todays football hasnt taken place and Im feeling optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

im finding it hard to wildcard this week as a lot of the players ill take out have good fixtures. I also want to play that 253 chip before I wildcard.
    Mccarthy
    kolorav bassong
    rooney benteke deeney

I also expect city, utd, chelsea and arsenal to make a signing before the end of the window that will shake things up another reason to hold the wildcard.

If Sterling does nothing today, I'm going to go Sterling to Payet. Will have both Payet and Sakho for the Bournemouth game then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »

Did the same in the end.
    As it has been said a few times already, a £0.1m swing at this time of the season is almost equivalent to a £0.5m one. I now have £4.0m in the bank which leaves me a little bit of flexibility.

Only thing is Kane scored 4 goals against Leicester last year (1 away and a treble at home). He's fine. Was taken out for fatigue yesterday (http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/harry-kane-was-too-tired-to-play-full-90-minutes-as-tottenham-manager-mauricio-pochettino-admits-he-needs-another-striker-10457368.html). But at £9.5m he's very dear this year. He's not 100% match fit. Spurs aren't clicking on yet.
    While, on the other hand, Swansea and Gomis are on fire and away to a dire Sunderland team that conceded 7 goals in 2 "not so tough on paper" games.

Mccarthy
    kolorav bassong
    rooney benteke deeney

As mluch as the WC can be tempting this week, I'd be personally not so comfortable with playing it before the transfer windows closes.
    As you said, it may be a good opportunity to use this 2-5-3 chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Plan atm is to leave Rooney in for GW3 v Newcastle. Feel United could Tonk them.

GW3 Larsson to Marhez . Larsson and Sunderland pick back fired
    GW4 Rooney to Kun and either Walcott or Depay to City cover.

Gomis also on my watchlist

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mahrez-->Walcott done

manual_man wrote: »
    Mahrez-->Walcott done

I would have waited until after the game. What if Walcott comes off the bench to score today?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Think I will be doing Cedric>Ogbonna this week as my first transfer of the season #GlamourTransfer

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    I would have waited until after the game. What if Walcott comes off the bench to score today?

I said Mahrez to Walcott :P Joke. I have neither..

manual_man wrote: »
    I said Mahrez to Walcott :P Joke. I have neither..

I really don't get jokes like that and the whole posting whoever is doing well is your captain each week e.g. "Lukaku (c)" yesterday.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I really don't get jokes like that and the whole posting whoever is doing well is your captain each week e.g. "Lukaku (c)" yesterday.

Guess it depends on your sense of humour. No offense intended

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mike3549

Walcott out. not sure about Rooney, another early match for MU.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DJKendo

Can't believe I'm doing it, but I think I had to. Wildcard activated.

Felt I had a good team for the start of the season but things such as Courtois last week and Adrián this week, Walcott, John O' Shea have made me take action.

New team below. Before anyone comments on it, I genuinely can't justify 13 million on Aguero.

I don't think it's too "bandwagony" I feel all midfielders/strikers can score well.

2015_08_16_15_25_24.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Plan was Adrian to Fabianski but I might just play McCarthy instead and hope he starts. Mane may need to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Done Kane>Gomis might do Walcott to Sanchez for -4
    Next week Rooney to Aguero and either Fab, Mephis or Mane to Mahrez for another -4

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Thread title not so stupid now.....

Form a queue folks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

What's the thoughts on dumping Hazard and Rooney and bringing in Yaya and Aguero? For a -4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Just made it back to Dublin after a stags, sitting in the galway hooker. Might seem like the worst time ever to activate your wildcard but it's done

Kane, Rooney, hazard, Walcott, sterling, alderwiereld (or however ya spellit) got their p45s

Aguero, Costa, Payet, chadli, Richards, sanchez in

Fairly smashed but I think it's the right move

Too late to care now, hopefully Monday me is happy

Advertisement