Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 3 Transfer "Aguerrrrooooo" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

dahat wrote: »
    Gues we are agreed on 2/3 with budget dictating the Arsenal midfield.

Hopefully the WC stays in tact while making the changes.

Had a play around with it there and I can get that pretty easily nice position to be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

iroced wrote: »
    I don't understand the selling madness regarding Rooney :confused:.

He had a stinker yesterday? So what?

We had this week quite an intense debate where everyone on this forum explained to newcomer TheDazzler that Rooney was going to stink in Villa Park because he had not scored there since 2007 (6 games) and his away form last year was dire (only 1 goal).
    So everyone was agreeing that a 2 pointer from Rooney was his most likely return yesterday and hence there was no point in captaining him. The exact opposite situation will present itself next GW home to Newcastle.

In my opinion, the point about ground/team preference stands no matter the performance. If Villa Park is Rooney's bogey ground, he could have had a blinder and still not score. People mentioned yesterday he blew up a 1 on 1. I will not believe Rooney's not aware of his terrible record in Villa Park and when he faced this 1 on 1 he certainly tried to hard (in his head) and had already missed (mentally) before he actually kicked the ball. I'd love to see the same situation vs Newcastle, a team he knows he can score anytime. He'd probably face Krul believing (mentally) he can't miss and chances are he'll get it, even if he's having a stinker and it's a late 93rd min attempt.
    Another thing, I read in the BBC Live Text yesterday 3 or 4 times Rooney being caught offside from a through ball. A player of his standard? Again I'd love to see him facing the same situations home to Newcastle and see if he gets caught offside as much.

I think the only thing that could go against this ground/team preference is if United were dreadful as a team. Which doesn't seem to be the case. They look solid enough (2 CS out of 2 games), they create opportunities (Depay missed a few). They win. I guess the confidence is there. LVG is on a roll (he said before the game Januzaj worked well all week and deserved to be played in his strongest position (number 10) and he went on and scored the winner). All the ingredients for a nice usual comfy win home to Newcastle are there.

So, are you all changing sides?

I don't think it was the 2 pointer, I suspected that was coming. It's how awful he was. If he looked dangerous but didn't score that is one thing but the simple fact is he isn't playing well.

Maybe the sight of the Toon Army will turn things around, but there are genuine concerns over his real world form now.

He can be a streaky scorer so if he gets one he might kick on but if Aguero starts and scores this weekend then it's not illogical to kick Rooney to the kerb for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

With regard rooney my fear as it was at the start of the season the striker in lvgs system doesn't seem to get a lot of chances. I also feel rooney isn't quite the player he was a few years back.

Hard to sell with Newcastle at home next though.

Aguero v Everton or Rooney v Newcastle...

Choice is tough. .

jimmii wrote: »
    Had a play around with it there and I can get that pretty easily nice position to be in.

Same here, just which move to make first is key.

Tekkers to Gomis ft gw3

Rooney to Aguero -4 gw4

Sterling to Silva. Ft Gw3
    Fab to Sanchez. -4. Gw4

Roughly a plan.....very rough.

Same here, just which move to make first is key.

Tekkers to Gomis ft gw3

Rooney to Aguero -4 gw4

Sterling to Silva. Ft Gw3
    Fab to Sanchez. -4. Gw4

Roughly a plan.....very rough.

I have 2FT and a million in the bank right now which makes it easier. Probably just use one this week and then swoop on Aguero & Silva next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hard to sell with Newcastle at home next though.

Aguero v Everton or Rooney v Newcastle...

Choice is tough. .

That's true I'm keeping him for that game but he is gone after that.

That's true I'm keeping him for that game but he is gone after that.

We may have to swallow a price drop though which isn't ideal. May have to plan for it when budgeting for moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

We may have to swallow a price drop though which isn't ideal. May have to plan for it when budgeting for moves.

Ye I've already swallowed one on Walcott there is one Coming for Ritchie too. Once you get the first price drop out of the way life becomes a lot easier.

Ye I've already swallowed one on Walcott there is one Coming for Ritchie too. Once you get the first price drop out of the way life becomes a lot easier.

Dumped Walcott before the drop, got Chadli in on a -4, not ideal but felt o needed to.

I have 2FT and a million in the bank right now which makes it easier. Probably just use one this week and then swoop on Aguero & Silva next week.

Looked again and I may have to leave Sterling instead of Silva. £0.5 short unless I move out Mane/Payet as well but I'm into a wildcard then.

• Advertisement

Looked again and I may have to leave Sterling instead of Silva. £0.5 short unless I move out Mane/Payet as well but I'm into a wildcard then.

I'm against the early WC but I think with the huge shift in fixtures in Citys favour I think that justifies it is it means you position yourself well to take advantage of those. If you can put together a side that you think is going to be 20-30 points better off over those 7 GWs then its definitely a good idea at the end of that run the others who haven't jumped on board will surely be regretting it. I may even throw Super Kol in too!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Thoughts on shifting Depay and Rooney for Aguero and Chamberlain?

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    Thoughts on shifting Depay and Rooney for Aguero and Chamberlain?

Depay had more shots last night than any player managed in GW1 surely one or two will start flying in at some point! I don't have him but if those two out is the easiest route to getting Aguero then it makes sense I wouldn't be convinced on Ox though always running the risk of him not playing.

Depay had more shots last night than any player managed in GW1 surely one or two will start flying in at some point! I don't have him but if those two out is the easiest route to getting Aguero then it makes sense I wouldn't be convinced on Ox though always running the risk of him not playing.

Yea exactly, never seems to get a lot of points either. Depay is lively just utd look a bit sluggish atm

Yea exactly, never seems to get a lot of points either. Depay is lively just utd look a bit sluggish atm

7 shots yesterday shows the intent is there in GW1 Mahrez was the only player to have more than 5. I think he is going to be one of those players who goes on a run of 2/3 points then explodes with and scores 30 points in a couple of games then goes back to 2/3 pointers. Ideal UFPL player but very tricky one for FPL.

7 shots yesterday shows the intent is there in GW1 Mahrez was the only player to have more than 5. I think he is going to be one of those players who goes on a run of 2/3 points then explodes with and scores 30 points in a couple of games then goes back to 2/3 pointers. Ideal UFPL player but very tricky one for FPL.

Think ill hold off on him until he hits that run, took a gamble with him at the start and it hasnt paid off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Depay had more shots last night than any player managed in GW1 surely one or two will start flying in at some point!

Cheers jimmi - that's good to hear. I included him in my initial team, but - considering I can have Yaya for the same price - am finding it very hard not to pull the trigger and dump him. Might give him another week and see how things look then.....

Think ill hold off on him until he hits that run, took a gamble with him at the start and it hasnt paid off

It hasn't returned points but I think its fair to say if we were told how many shots he was going to have these first two weeks we probably all would have fancied his chances at scoring at least once especially last night!

Cheers jimmi - that's good to hear. I included him in my initial team, but - considering I can have Yaya for the same price - am finding it very hard not to pull the trigger and dump him. Might give him another week and see how things look then.....

Yeh just the way it goes some times Yaya obviously very lucky to get his points and Depay arguably unlucky not to have more to show so far. A lot of luck in the short term in this game.

Yeh just the way it goes some times Yaya obviously very lucky to get his points and Depay arguably unlucky not to have more to show so far. A lot of luck in the short term in this game.

True - I persevered with Yaya for about 3 months at the start of last season (WTF, I know!) before eventually losing faith that he could replicate the previous seasons exploits. Didn't even consider him for this season, and was absolutely sickened last week when I saw his points!

• Advertisement

Form over fixtures theory being tested now...

Ross Barkley

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Southampton toxic.

Southampton toxic.

Sweet jebus, I've just realised I have Pelle as captain. :eek:

I suppose it'll make deciding who should make way for Sergio a bit easier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Southampton toxic.

Shocking bad, but decent 3 games coming up, worth persisting with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Gomis in for Rooney would free up a lot to spend. grand fixtures too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

This thread title is absolutely awful. My God.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    This thread title is absolutely awful. My God.

I think it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Benimar wrote: »
    I don't think it was the 2 pointer, I suspected that was coming. It's how awful he was. If he looked dangerous but didn't score that is one thing but the simple fact is he isn't playing well.

Maybe the sight of the Toon Army will turn things around, but there are genuine concerns over his real world form now.

He can be a streaky scorer so if he gets one he might kick on but if Aguero starts and scores this weekend then it's not illogical to kick Rooney to the kerb for him.

Yeah, that's why we need a stinking 1 pointer cameo from Aguero this GW and a great 60 min vs Everton (say he can get max 1 goal or 1 assist) while Rooney run riot and get a knock couples of min till the end. Yeah yeah don't thank me, the scenario is all written I'll send my agent for the royalties :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Everton must have played well today so Aguero isn't looking so essential after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Rooney, Ibe and Coates to Gomis, Mahrez and Dier will be my transfers tonight. 2.4 left to upgrade Puncheon if needed.

Advertisement