Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 3 Transfer "Aguerrrrooooo" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    I can see United hammering Newcastle. This is the fixture I signed the 2 guys for most of all.
    stephenl15 wrote: »
    Yeah but don't you think circumstances change and you gotta react to such changes ie Rooney and United offering little to no threat, rather than rigidly sticking to a plan you made when things were much less clear

Form over fixtures.

Stinks of Pelle last Feb. I learned last year not to buy /keep players for potential returns which current form suggested was unlikely.*

* disclaimer. I am a bit pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

sheroman01 wrote: »
    To get Aguero in for Rooney I have to do a bit of shuffling in midfield. which option is best, do ye think?

Midfield is currently: Hazard, Depay, Payet, Ritchie, Anya.

Option 1: Ritchie > 4.5m mid. Rotate him with Anya. Maybe Westwood. Gives me room to later transfer in an in-form 8.5m if needs be.

- Hazard, Depay, Payet, Anya, Westwood.
    - Kane, Pelle, Aguero

Option 2: Depay > 7m mid. Maybe Chadli/Ayew/Tadic. A lot of mid-priced mids in my team then but not forced to play a 4.5m mid every week.

- Hazard, Payet, Ritchie, Anya, Chadli/Ayew/Tadic
    - Kane, Pelle, Aguero
    Option 2 for me as well. With 1 your points scoring potential of your 2 cheap mids is going to be limited. Ayew would be my choice also. Chadli second. Tadic a distant 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    Form over fixtures.

Stinks of Pelle last Feb. I learned last year not to buy /keep players for potential returns which current form suggested was unlikely.*

* disclaimer. I am a bit pissed.

Too early to be talking form I think. 1 assist from 2 games isn't woeful. He will be odds on for the Anytime Goalscorer market next week. I wouldn't transfer him in if I didn't have him but I think he's worth keeping for another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Too early to be talking form I think. 1 assist from 2 games isn't woeful. He will be odds on for the Anytime Goalscorer market next week. I wouldn't transfer him in if I didn't have him but I think he's worth keeping for another week.

A lucky assist due to a misplaced clearance. 2 bad performances. Playing Devil's Advocate to an extent here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

A lucky assist due to a misplaced clearance. 2 bad performances. Playing Devil's Advocate to an extent here.

I was Rooneys biggest advocate pre season, I think I said whoever doesn't have Rooney in their GW 1 squad is just plain wrong.* But having seen him play, he has done absolutely nothing for 180 minutes. For 10,5m that's not good enough imo.

*I definitely said this.

• Advertisement

It's not a good performance I'm looking from him next week though thankfully. It's a goal or an assist or 2 against a notoriously weak defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm keeping him as planned and selling him after as planned
    He took NO set pieces tonight
    He was often good for an assist from an in swinging corner or free but but not now
    Mata on pens
    He will NEVER be in my team again
    But I'll prob captain him as I'll be at that game :D

It's not a good performance I'm looking from him next week though thankfully. It's a goal or an assist or 2 against a notoriously weak defence.

"Performances breed fantasy points" Aristotle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Decided to leave Rooney in v Newcastle- he just loves playing them..
    Taking Walcott out for Payet/ Sterling- a potential .2 swing.
    Will be WC in GW3 for aguero and co. and considering bypasses the arsenal midfield at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Don't city have an appalling record at Goodison ..........;)j

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    "Performances breed fantasy points" Aristotle

Aguero or Costa he is not, but I'd fancy myself to knock one in against that Newcastle defence. He's let me down so far but I see things going well this week, if I'm wrong I'm likely Wildcarding for Gw4 in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I have Rooney and 2.5m in the bank. Will wait to see how Aguero gets on, but there's a good chance I'll make the switch this week.

Aguero or Costa he is not, but I'd fancy myself to knock one in against that Newcastle defence. He's let me down so far but I see things going well this week, if I'm wrong I'm likely Wildcarding for Gw4 in any case.

You may well be right, time will tell :) I will probably sell Rooney if Aguero makes it through unscathed. If not I'll take a look at Rooney to someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭Invincible

Rooney just hasn't the swagger that he once had.
    If Hernandez got his chance, sure he couldn't do any worse.
    Problem at the moment is, Rooney see's no threat to his position.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I was intending to get Aguero in for GW4, to make the cash i would need to do 2 transfers -Rooney & someone else. I was going to keep Rooney next week & keep my free transfer so I wouldn't take any points hit.

I now don't want to risk Rooney dropping if I keep him, do you actually think he would drop? I know it could only be 0.1 but I can't afford to lose ANY cash!

Would you guys think it too hasty to dump Rooney & the other player this week & take a -4? Basically the same plan but getting Aguero in a week earlier.

Cheers for any opinions & thanks for reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

Schmeichel Schwarzer
    Darmian Azpi Coates Gomez Lescott
    Hazard Sterling Henderson Wanyama Ritchie
    Costa Rooney Sakho

Best way to get Aguero in for Rooney please people? I have a free transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

podge018 wrote: »
    Schmeichel Schwarzer
    Darmian Azpi Coates Gomez Lescott
    Hazard Sterling Henderson Wanyama Ritchie
    Costa Rooney Sakho

Best way to get Aguero in for Rooney please people? I have a free transfer.

Has to be Costa and Rooney out- for Aguero and benteke/pelle/ or gomis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

skippy15 wrote: »
    Has to be Costa and Rooney out- for Aguero and benteke/pelle/ or gomis

Not sterling then?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Strongly considering a Gomis- Aguero strike force.

Benteke games go south a little after this week and Rooney is out of form.

Gomis-Aguero-Igahlo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

dahat wrote: »
    Strongly considering a Gomis- Aguero strike force.

Benteke games go south a little after this week and Rooney is out of form.

Gomis-Aguero-Igahlo.

With those three does it allow you to stretch to a Hazard-Sanchez midfield combo?

I'm thinking the same Gomis-Aguero-X not sure on who to go at number 3 yet though. Probably change that around depending on fixtures/form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I don't understand the selling madness regarding Rooney :confused:.

He had a stinker yesterday? So what?

We had this week quite an intense debate where everyone on this forum explained to newcomer TheDazzler that Rooney was going to stink in Villa Park because he had not scored there since 2007 (6 games) and his away form last year was dire (only 1 goal).
    So everyone was agreeing that a 2 pointer from Rooney was his most likely return yesterday and hence there was no point in captaining him. The exact opposite situation will present itself next GW home to Newcastle.

In my opinion, the point about ground/team preference stands no matter the performance. If Villa Park is Rooney's bogey ground, he could have had a blinder and still not score. People mentioned yesterday he blew up a 1 on 1. I will not believe Rooney's not aware of his terrible record in Villa Park and when he faced this 1 on 1 he certainly tried to hard (in his head) and had already missed (mentally) before he actually kicked the ball. I'd love to see the same situation vs Newcastle, a team he knows he can score anytime. He'd probably face Krul believing (mentally) he can't miss and chances are he'll get it, even if he's having a stinker and it's a late 93rd min attempt.
    Another thing, I read in the BBC Live Text yesterday 3 or 4 times Rooney being caught offside from a through ball. A player of his standard? Again I'd love to see him facing the same situations home to Newcastle and see if he gets caught offside as much.

I think the only thing that could go against this ground/team preference is if United were dreadful as a team. Which doesn't seem to be the case. They look solid enough (2 CS out of 2 games), they create opportunities (Depay missed a few). They win. I guess the confidence is there. LVG is on a roll (he said before the game Januzaj worked well all week and deserved to be played in his strongest position (number 10) and he went on and scored the winner). All the ingredients for a nice usual comfy win home to Newcastle are there.

So, are you all changing sides?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I wouldn't mind a little Aguero injury tbh. I have 5m itb and Rooney, Pelle, Tekkers so can upgrade any of them but I am fairly hopeful for Pelle & Tekkers and wouldn't really mind giving Rooney one last chance.

Would prefer to use my transfer elsewhere tbh but will probably react to a Rooney drop if it's on the cards. No United attacking cover vs NEW at home is worrying despite the slow start.

jimmii wrote: »
    With those three does it allow you to stretch to a Hazard-Sanchez midfield combo?

I'm thinking the same Gomis-Aguero-X not sure on who to go at number 3 yet though. Probably change that around depending on fixtures/form.

It will allow Silva-Sanchez.

Not overly concerned with Hazard ATM. Seems to be issues within Chelsea just now and a slow start could drag on for 3/4 games more.

It will allow Silva-Sanchez.

Not overly concerned with Hazard ATM. Seems to be issues within Chelsea just now and a slow start could drag on for 3/4 games more.

Then you end up with a 10m player you're never going to captain thats not a good idea. I might go Sanchez - Mane - X and only have the two captain players bit dodgy with Aguero so fragile but the two are so expensive hard to stretch to much more!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Then you end up with a 10m player you're never going to captain thats not a good idea. I might go Sanchez - Mane - X and only have the two captain players bit dodgy with Aguero so fragile but the two are so expensive hard to stretch to much more!

I'd be fine captaining Silva if I didn't own Aguero or he was injured. I'm a big believer in him

I'd be fine captaining Silva if I didn't own Aguero or he was injured. I'm a big believer in him

Yeh its having him with Aguero that is the issue Silva is obviously class but with Aguero in the team you are never going to captain Silva over him.

After gw4 Aguero is nearly default captain as his fixtures look really good.
    Silva plus Aguero for those games appeals alot.

After gw4 Aguero is nearly default captain as his fixtures look really good.
    Silva plus Aguero for those games appeals alot.

Yeh for the favourable fixtures it looks good think I might go Silva - Sanchez - Aguero for a while and see if Hazard wakes up. Those games are just too good to ignore!

Yeh for the favourable fixtures it looks good think I might go Silva - Sanchez - Aguero for a while and see if Hazard wakes up. Those games are just too good to ignore!

Gues we are agreed on 2/3 with budget dictating the Arsenal midfield.

Hopefully the WC stays in tact while making the changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

With regard rooney my fear as it was at the start of the season the striker in lvgs system doesn't seem to get a lot of chances. I also feel rooney isn't quite the player he was a few years back.

Advertisement