Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2016/17 Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Exhausted after that term. :D Will probably be worse after Christmas Exams, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Who got homework for the holidays here?
    I only got 2 Biology Exam questions...surprised to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

I got a tiny bit. Nothing too overwhelming. Have you begun studying for Christmas exams yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

My homework is mostly revision of everything we've done up to now.

Teachers still gave a full-length Hamlet question and a History essay to do though, so any chance of giving my hand a break from lots of writing is just not happening :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

No written homework for the week only revise the Irish poems Geibheann and Colscaradh.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I had a minimal amount of written homework.
    I'm planning on doing some revision tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 aibreann_

Only got a hamlet question to do but plan on studying all week currently trying to study physics lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Liordi wrote: »
    Exhausted after that term. :D Will probably be worse after Christmas Exams, though.

Everything slips by REALLY quickly after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Telo123

Question for people doing ag science is it hard? Thinking of taking it up outside of school

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hubluh

Telo123 wrote: »
    Question for people doing ag science is it hard? Thinking of taking it up outside of school

Its one of the easiest science subjects if not the easiest. Im in 6th year and we've nearly finished the course (finished by christmas) and Im getting As in every test too.The course is quite short too in comparison to the others. The only problem that exists is the project. Do you have someone to sign you of?

• Advertisement

Yea il ask the teacher in school I presume their should be no problem.Thanks fof the reply what book do ye use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

Hiya, I do ag science and I find it extremely easier than any other subject I do. We use the book Breaking Ground 2nd edition

Do ye reckon it would be easy to do outside of school so if I put in the effort

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Telo123 wrote:

Are you doing biology? There is a fair amount of overlap between the 2 subjects. It would be beneficial, but it isn't necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hubluh

Telo123 wrote: »

We use breaking ground

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Manufan123

Has anyone started studying or came up with a study plan for Christmas tests?

Manufan123 wrote: »

Hoping to start tomorrow but haven't a clue on how to go about it. What are you planning on doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

For some reason our school merged the Halloween and Christmas tests into just one week of tests in the second week of November. Not sure why...

But anyway:
    7 subjects
    7 days in the coming week
    Study 1 subject a night for the coming week
    ???
    Profit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

My plan for midterm was to get a start on studying...
    I only just finished my homework so I think it's safe that plan has fallen by the wayside :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Manufan123

My plan for midterm was to get a start on studying...
    I only just finished my homework so I think it's safe that plan has fallen by the wayside :rolleyes:
    Yeah I still have an Essay to write.

• Advertisement

Only managed to study three biology chapters during the mid-term. :pac:
    Still got some time before Christmas, though. :D

Do any of ye know if Mocks.ie is good?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

Haven't done a jot over the midterm :D Sure, it'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Significant399

Anyone at the UCD open day yesterday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 teafanatic

Anyone at the UCD open day yesterday ?

I did, thought it was really good, the talks I went to were really interesting and it seems like a good college. I was much more impressed than I was by the ucc one to be honest :P

teafanatic wrote: »
    I did, thought it was really good, the talks I went to were really interesting and it seems like a good college. I was much more impressed than I was by the ucc one to be honest :P

What talks did you go to specifically?

What talks did you go to specifically?

Engineering, the general science one, chemistry and medicine (only went to medicine for my friend, I've no interest myself).

teafanatic wrote: »
    Engineering, the general science one, chemistry and medicine (only went to medicine for my friend, I've no interest myself).

Nice!! Wish I could of gone. What were the talks like in gen science, chemistry and medicine. I'm interested in this sort of field but can't quite put a finger on where exactly I want to go. What did they talk about to try attract people to come to UCD?

I'm also interested in going to UCD, was thinking about doing actuary but don't know if it'd be way too hard.

• Advertisement

Nice!! Wish I could of gone. What were the talks like in gen science, chemistry and medicine. I'm interested in this sort of field but can't quite put a finger on where exactly I want to go. What did they talk about to try attract people to come to UCD?

My memory is shocking but I'll do my best...

General science & chemistry: they gave info on applying to the course and all the information that you get from the prospectus, but they also told you what kind of things you'd actually be doing were you to choose the course (about labs, projects, and whatnot). They talked a bit about student life in general as well. The final year project sounded really interesting and they mentioned the opportunity to study abroad and a bit about careers as well. I don't know what it was about them but both talks were really persuasive and made me want to go there.

Medicine: unfortunately I spent most of this giggling in the back of the theatre (mature, I know) and I have no memory of what was said :rolleyes:

About UCD in general: they talked about clubs and societies and they seem to have some really good ones and in general there seems to be a really good atmosphere, lots of craic - some random mathematician came up to us and asked if we wanted a go on his segway type thing :D They fired some impressive statistics at us as well and a lot of the courses are ranked well :)

Advertisement