Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2016/17 Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Bored_lad wrote: »
    I must be the only person not going to any open days. Our school don't even organise trips to them and I find it weird that some schools do. Considering most the year will have no interest in the college and will only go for the doss.

I agree. Terrible waste of time bringing the whole class to places. It's a short enough year.

It's not that difficult find out information about courses. Some of the threads we get here like 'I have applied for/am starting x in y college can someone tell me about it?' are astounding. Why would someone apply for a course they know nothing about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Today is my easy day so I can actually relax and not spend 2-3 hours doing homework.
    Feels amazing not having so much work. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

We don't have any easy day since we have every exam subject at least everyday and homework is always due for the next day it's absolutely awful. We are all hoping that they'll ease off on the homework next week or the week after but it doesn't look like that will happen. Instead it looks like we'll be getting more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Bored_lad wrote: »
    We don't have any easy day since we have every exam subject at least everyday and homework is always due for the next day it's absolutely awful. We are all hoping that they'll ease off on the homework next week or the week after but it doesn't look like that will happen. Instead it looks like we'll be getting more.

Same man!!! I have nearly all my subjects every day of the week. And workload seems to be piling up real quick. Not even looking forward to the weekend much now as I have so much homework to be done, notes to be organised, folders to be organised and tests to prepare for!!!

But i'm gonna put in all the hard work this year and get everything organised and done so when I go into my LC year I won't be sh*tting myself for stuff to be done and stuff to be organised. I plan on writing notes during the summer as well so next year shouldn't be that hard :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭hubluh

Same man!!! I have nearly all my subjects every day of the week. And workload seems to be piling up real quick. Not even looking forward to the weekend much now as I have so much homework to be done, notes to be organised, folders to be organised and tests to prepare for!!!

But i'm gonna put in all the hard work this year and get everything organised and done so when I go into my LC year I won't be sh*tting myself for stuff to be done and stuff to be organised. I plan on writing notes during the summer as well so next year shouldn't be that hard :D:D:D

Thats what we all say and nothing gets done lol.

• Advertisement

hubluh wrote: »
    Thats what we all say and nothing gets done lol.

Lol lets see how it goes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

Everyone on here seems to be getting way more homework than we've been getting....

ElmW13 wrote: »
    Everyone on here seems to be getting way more homework than we've been getting....

Enjoy it while it lasts bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 teafanatic

Spent close to 7 hours on homework today despite leaving out a load of things I love 5th year so much :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Sideshow Mel

teafanatic wrote: »
    Spent close to 7 hours on homework today despite leaving out a load of things I love 5th year so much :):):)

7 hours! That's crazy most I've gotten is 4 and that was only one night! Am I not doing something important that everyone else is doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

7 hours! That's crazy most I've gotten is 4 and that was only one night! Am I not doing something important that everyone else is doing?

We usually get around four hours a night I can't imagine getting seven hours of homework.

What kinda homework have you guys been getting that our teachers seem to have forgotten about?

What kinda homework have you guys been getting that our teachers seem to have forgotten about?

Unnecessary homework I guess :P

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Only 1.5 hours homework for the weekend. This 5th Year craic is bloody tough lads :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Only 1.5 hours homework for the weekend. This 5th Year craic is bloody tough lads :pac:

When I did fifth year, it was the easiest year ever.

Mad

• Registered Users Posts: 20 QuiteHumerus

When I did fifth year, it was the easiest year ever.

For me it's been almost the opposite. I found fifth year really stressful and I always had a mountain of work to get done. 6th year hasn't been as tough yet, although I'm sure that'll change in a couple of months!

I agree with liordi, most of it is completely unnecessary, just homework for the sake of giving homework.

teafanatic wrote: »
    I agree with liordi, most of it is completely unnecessary, just homework for the sake of giving homework.

In a lot of subjects, it really is.
    I don't need to do the same three variable simultaneous equations with different numbers 15 times to know how to do it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Significant399

This week has been really busy with homework and tests. I had four essays for the weekend. Getting so much maths every day. Next week could even be worse :(
    I'm thinking of going to UCD, Trinity, DCU and possibly Maynooth for a look around.

Hey guys, this year i am planning on trying my very best in achieving As in the majority of my subjects. Just wondering what others who also want to achieve this are doing or will do this year in order to achieve high results.

Are you guys doing extra work and study at home or just really going over everything once you come home? Talk to me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Hey guys, this year i am planning on trying my very best in achieving As in the majority of my subjects. Just wondering what others who also want to achieve this are doing or will do this year in order to achieve high results.

Are you guys doing extra work and study at home or just really going over everything once you come home? Talk to me :D

I do study in school, learn off all the notes I get then its just a matter of revising.:confused:

I (being optimistic) would like to get As in Accounting / Bio / Maths / German and Physics, a B in Applied Maths and Cs in English and Irish.
    Best case scenario for me I reckon at Christmas / Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

I do my homework- including any learning/reading etc. My study mainly consists of making notes on whatever we are doing in school in the hope that they will be good enough to use to revise next year :) However I have two tests tomorrow :( so I've been revising for them the past few days as well.

I'm planning for As in most subjects too :)

Basically I'm going to keep up to date with my homework this year and try do everything like it was an exam question. I'm also doing my learning homework which is big progress for me because I never did it the past 4 years :rolleyes: I'll start studying when it gets a bit closer to Christmas, I'm kind of a "cram at the last minute" kind of person though.

Three tests tomorrow. That should be fun. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I do my homework- including any learning/reading etc. My study mainly consists of making notes on whatever we are doing in school in the hope that they will be good enough to use to revise next year :) However I have two tests tomorrow :( so I've been revising for them the past few days as well.

Making your own notes is always a good approach. They are much much better for your revision than notes made by someone else.

Anyone going to the higher options event tomorrow??

Our school only took 6th years so I guess we'll get to go next year.

Liordi wrote: »
    Our school only took 6th years so I guess we'll get to go next year.

Our school never go but a few of us are heading up tomorrow. Leaving at about four in the morning :(

• Advertisement

Our school never go but a few of us are heading up tomorrow. Leaving at about four in the morning :(

If you have to leave that early that's probably why your school don't go :P

Advertisement