Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2016/17 Off-Topic Thread

Options
  • 12-08-2015 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

So, now that the results are out, methinks it's time to accept our fate as the new 5th Years.

I'm personally looking forward to it, at very least it will bring an end to hanging around the house doing nothing.

In before "Ah here lads give us a chance to change over, we're still using the current 5th Year thread etc. " ;)

How's everybody else feeling about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Consonata

Meaning I will have to start calling myself a sixth year.... ick.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 QuiteHumerus

Me too.. Never thought this day would come

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

One part of me is like "Yeah, bring it on!" but then another part of me is like "No, I wanna re-do TY!" :D

But overall, I'm kind of looking forward to the challenge. (I'll be reading this back two weeks into fifth year and be like "Eww no, what was I thinking?!")

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

So what subjects is everyone doing?

Biology, Chemistry, Physics, French and the usuals here

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Biology, Chemistry, Physics, French and the usuals here

Same. :D

TY was great, and I learnt so much from it, but I'm really looking forward to 5th year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Manufan123

Chemistry , Biology , Ag Science and French......hesitant about chemistry as i have seen the book and i looks hard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Significant399

Can't believe I'm a 5th year, really enjoyed ty. I'm doing English, Irish, Maths, French, Biology, Chemistry and Business all higher level. Considering doing art outside of school but I'm not sure yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 frans123

im looking forward to it, doing maths,english,german,biology,physics,accounting and applied maths

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Arelaie

So terrified for fifth year 😵
    I'm doing English irish maths chemistry biology french and business
    How old are you all ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

So I guess I'm now a 5th year. I'm actually really looking forward to it. I'm doing Ag Science, accounting, biology, German, English, Irish, maths and LCVP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Woop woop :D. Really looking forward towards the next two years. I've learnt so much in TY and am ready for the challenge ahead.

What do people want to do after the Leaving Cert, like which courses/career paths are you guys interested in?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 aibreann_

So weird to think I'm a 5th year. Just done my jc but looking forward to the challenge ahead even though I'm fairly sure I won't be saying that come October.. Doing physics,chemistry,biology,French and applied maths outside of school. Hoping to study medicine or physio

Woop woop :D. Really looking forward towards the next two years. I've learnt so much in TY and am ready for the challenge ahead.

What do people want to do after the Leaving Cert, like which courses/career paths are you guys interested in?? :)

Teaching, Engineering, Speech Therapy, Politics...very very vague idea of what I want to do

What do people want to do after the Leaving Cert, like which courses/career paths are you guys interested in??

Something to do with healthcare or science. I'd love to do something like pharmacy. Biomedical science, biotechnology or being a paramedic are up there too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Im gonna try myself to attend a couple of Uni open days around Ireland with my mates. I was hoping after TY i would be fairly certain what I want to do in the future. I am edging towards the likes of Science and Medicine but not sure exactly what it is I want...

I think I'd like to do something in science - medicine, pharmacy or dentistry maybe, but I'm not 100% sure.

When's everyone back?

veterinary or physiotheraphy but i dont think i would get the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Conaaaa

Hoping for biomedical science but points !! ��

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

Haven't a clue at this stage😂 oh well I know I'll find something I'm interested in

I think I'd like to do something in science - medicine, pharmacy or dentistry maybe, but I'm not 100% sure.

When's everyone back?

Wednesday 2nd September. Not too bad. I've started on a Friday the past 2 years and found it it so pointless. Where's the sense in going back for one day and then having the weekend again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 frans123

im back on the 27th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 41 teafanatic

First post on boards :D

TY was great craic but I can't even remember how to hold a pen so I'm actually looking forward to 5th year (I'll probably eat those words). Starting back 1st September.

Other than the holy trinity I'm doing physics, history, biology and french, and probably economics as an extra subject :)

Wednesday 2nd September. Not too bad. I've started on a Friday the past 2 years and found it it so pointless. Where's the sense in going back for one day and then having the weekend again?

Yeah I agree, I started back on a Friday last year and it really felt pointless. Back on Tuesday the 1st this year, which isn't too bad I suppose.

teafanatic wrote: »
    First post on boards :D

TY was great craic but I can't even remember how to hold a pen so I'm actually looking forward to 5th year (I'll probably eat those words). Starting back 1st September.

Other than the holy trinity I'm doing physics, history, biology and french, and probably economics as an extra subject :)
    Haha
    I tried to write my name and my handwriting is awful 😂

I'm back on the 2nd of September. Seems pretty late compared to previous years but I'll take it. :P

Did anyone do anything interesting over the summer?

I was just working, swimming and playing tennis.

NOS3 wrote: »
    I'm back on the 2nd of September. Seems pretty late compared to previous years but I'll take it. :P

Apart from lazing around all day, I hung out with friends, spent 3 weeks in the Gaeltacht and went to Spain with my family. Can't get over how fast summer went.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 teafanatic

NOS3 wrote: »

Nothing much, went out with my friends most days and spent the rest of the time lazing around the house :)

I was planning on getting a job but that didn't happen...

I have the theory test booked for next week though so at least that's one productive thing I'll have done :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭VG31

Lots of us seem to be doing the theory test soon (me included)! :)

I'm doing Maths, English, Irish, Physics, History, Applied Maths and Economics.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

*strolls in*

Hi o/

• Advertisement

Peregrine wrote: »
    *strolls in*

Hi o/

Hey there ;)

Advertisement