Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 2 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 moose522

ahhh too much pressure! haha anybody here have any united players as captin tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

moose522 wrote: »
    ahhh too much pressure! haha anybody here have any united players as captin tonight?

Not me I have Harry. You should have thought about the defender situation this week before the season even started!

jimmii wrote: »
    Not mean I have Harry. You should have thought about the defender situation this week before the season even started!

Ya I know, this decision has left me with a lot of sleepless nights this week :(

Ya I know, this decision has left me with a lot of sleepless nights this week :(

Have happily had Azpi tucked up on the bench all week! If you aren't wanting to play Cresswell at home to Leicester you should probably be selling him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Is it worth doing Walcott -> Payet for -4?

Considering that he is likely to drop in value, I'm strongly considering it. A drop of 0.1 at this stage might as well be a drop of 0.5. Payet has 2 very nice looking fixtures while Walcott could be warming the bench....

• Advertisement

Have happily had Azpi tucked up on the bench all week! If you aren't wanting to play Cresswell at home to Leicester you should probably be selling him.

actually ya I never thought about it like that, feck it! ill throw cresswell on actually. thanks man :)

actually ya I never thought about it like that, feck it! ill throw cresswell on actually. thanks man :)

No bother. It would be a waste having someone like him looking to only play him at home to the bottom 5 or 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Id be playing azpil check out chelsea's results against the better teams the last 2 seasons. Truth is chelsea are more likely to keep a c.s. in more difficult games.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Is it worth doing Walcott -> Payet for -4?

Considering that he is likely to drop in value, I'm strongly considering it. A drop of 0.1 at this stage might as well be a drop of 0.5. Payet has 2 very nice looking fixtures while Walcott could be warming the bench....

The Guardian who are normally pretty decent with their line ups have Theo benched too. I would definitely be worried if I had him. Would definitely sell him for free for a hit its marginal but West Ham do have some plum fixtures coming up if Theo stays benched Payet should comfortably make up those 4 points over the next 4-6 weeks and probably give you a decent profit on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Id be playing azpil check out chelsea's results against the better teams the last 2 seasons. Truth is chelsea are more likely to keep a c.s. in more difficult games.

Chelsea have been abysmal in their two games so far this season though, they look very flat which is unusual for this time of the season.

• Advertisement

You think Chelsea are more likely to keep a cleensheet away to City rather than say home to Everton or Sunderland etc? They keep it tight at the back in those games but that is definitely wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

The Guardian who are normally pretty decent with their line ups have Theo benched too. I would definitely be worried if I had him. Would definitely sell him for free for a hit its marginal but West Ham do have some plum fixtures coming up if Theo stays benched Payet should comfortably make up those 4 points over the next 4-6 weeks and probably give you a decent profit on it.

Yeah, and to be fair to them.... they called him not starting last week. I knew it was a risk, but I thought in all likelihood that he would start.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on Payet -> Walcott and take the hit. I transferred in Mahrez earlier in the week to bank 0.5 (removed Ritchie for him), to catch his price rise and nice fixtures. Most of that decision was borne out of the frustration of having Mahrez in every draft of my team bar the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I just pulled the trigger on Theo to Payet.

The Hammers have two great home fixtures so hoping he bags some points.

Theo dropping in price and the uncertainty of playing time was too much for a 9M or soon to be 8.9M player.

Also increases the bank to 2.0M (already had .5). So only .5 million away from Rooney to Aguero.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I just pulled the trigger on Theo to Payet.

The Hammers have two great home fixtures so hoping he bags some points.

Theo dropping in price and the uncertainty of playing time was too much for a 9M or soon to be 8.9M player.

Also increases the bank to 2.0M (already had .5). So only .5 million away from Rooney to Aguero.

Being a gunners supporter, I wouldn't pick the ox or theo just because theyre always rotating positions on the right, they are good when theyre on the pitch but its such a gamble

You think Chelsea are more likely to keep a cleensheet away to City rather than say home to Everton or Sunderland etc? They keep it tight at the back in those games but that is definitely wrong.

Against city utd arsenal Liverpool and spurs since Mourinho returned Chelsea have played 20 games against those teams and kept 10 clean sheets. Last season burnley scored in both games against Chelsea . Arsenal failed to score in both games.

Against city utd arsenal Liverpool and spurs since Mourinho returned Chelsea have played 20 games against those teams and kept 10 clean sheets. Last season burnley scored in both games against Chelsea . Arsenal failed to score in both games.

20 definitely isn't a large enough sample size and including home games vs Liverpool & Spurs isn't really comparable to playing City away. Even if 20 was a large enough sample all that would show was that they do infact keep less CS against the "hard" teams than they do against "easy" teams as overall there CS rate is higher than 50%.

Having said that I believe Jose has an unreal record at the Etihad but again small sample size and I would imagine his results there are over expectation to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Fair point, though i do think Chelsea are a bit more vulnerable going into this match, their poor first match performance, Courtois suspended, and the whole medical team fiasco can't have helped in their biuld-up. City on the other hand were irresistible (Silva in particular) against WBA and we may have Aguero starting to add to that. Definitely not ruling out a Chelsea cleanie (the blue bus will be parked, for sure), but neither would i bet on it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sigh....-4.

Damn you Walcott, dropping to 8.9 pre wildcard is something I cannot let happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

dahat wrote: »
    Sigh....-4.

Damn you Walcott, dropping to 8.9 pre wildcard is something I cannot let happen.

Sell after 6.45pm? Save a -4

manual_man wrote: »
    Fair point, though i do think Chelsea are a bit more vulnerable going into this match, their poor first match performance, Courtois suspended, and the whole medical team fiasco can't have helped in their biuld-up. City on the other hand were irresistible (Silva in particular) against WBA and we may have Aguero starting to add to that. Definitely not ruling out a Chelsea cleanie (the blue bus will be parked, for sure), but neither would i bet on it

City will be setting a new record attendance for themselves at the Etihad which might give them a little extra motivation.

• Advertisement

Sigh....-4.

I hope you haven't sold today for -4 with the intention of WC'ing next week!

I hope you haven't sold today for -4 with the intention of WC'ing next week!

No, following week maybe, depends on how City are.
    Getting Aguero I can do but Silva,Sanchez and how I feel about UTD v Newcastle, Rooney, will effect the timing of it.

No, following week maybe, depends on how City are.
    Getting Aguero I can do but Silva,Sanchez and how I feel about UTD v Newcastle, Rooney, will effect the timing of it.

Thats not so bad then. Timing does suck with Theo though as you say! Those are expensive .1s right now.

Thats not so bad then. Timing does suck with Theo though as you say! Those are expensive .1s right now.

Didn't want to do it but was backed into a corner really.

0.1 this early is 0.5 of a loss really.

20 definitely isn't a large enough sample size and including home games vs Liverpool & Spurs isn't really comparable to playing City away. Even if 20 was a large enough sample all that would show was that they do infact keep less CS against the "hard" teams than they do against "easy" teams as overall there CS rate is higher than 50%.

Having said that I believe Jose has an unreal record at the Etihad but again small sample size and I would imagine his results there are over expectation to date.

There c.s. rate is lower than 50 % against the other teams they have 25 in 56 games. When Mourinho really wants a c.s. a lot of the time he gets it. Arsenal and utd at the tail end of last season . Liverpool away the year they were going for the title. Including Liverpool and spurs hasn't skewed the results as Liverpool scored at the bridge in both games since Mourinho returned.

There c.s. rate is lower than 50 % against the other teams they have 25 in 56 games. When Mourinho really wants a c.s. a lot of the time he gets it. Arsenal and utd at the tail end of last season . Liverpool away the year they were going for the title. Including Liverpool and spurs hasn't skewed the results as Liverpool scored at the bridge in both games since Mourinho returned.

Where are those numbers from or is that just this stint? In March Jose had his 100th PL CS in his 185th game

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've had a thought :)

Walcott to Ayew

I was quietly very impressed by him last week and Newcastle (h), Sunderland (a) aren't bad fixtures. Saves the 0.1 and an added bit of excitement for Mr. P :D

Talk me down and quick please!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I've had a thought :)

Walcott to Ayew

I was quietly very impressed by him last week and Newcastle (h), Sunderland (a) aren't bad fixtures. Saves the 0.1 and an added bit of excitement for Mr. P :D

Talk me down and quick please!

I and you should BOTH have him ;)

Go for it :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Where are those numbers from or is that just this stint? In March Jose had his 100th PL CS in his 185th game

Last 2 seasons since Jose returned is all I have looked at. 17 c.s last year 18 c.s the year before.

• Advertisement

Last 2 seasons since Jose returned is all I have looked at. 17 c.s last year 18 c.s the year before.

Could you stop now otherwise I will have to put Azpi back in and I really don't want to!!

Advertisement