Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X83C 4K Ultra HD with Android TV

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Cool, just ordered one for €20 off the bay. Will see how it goes. I guess it runs all android apps just fine since its Kit kat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Tinie wrote: »
    Cool, just ordered one for €20 off the bay. Will see how it goes. I guess it runs all android apps just fine since its Kit kat?

20? Any chance of a link to their site?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

From a €5 4k TV to a €20 4k android box.

Inflation is a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

If you're buying a Minex x8h+ for €20, then the guy selling it is a fool or its fake.

If you're buying a Minex x8h+ for €20, then the guy selling it is a fool or its fake.

Well he sold out in a few hours. Who knows, It might be a fake, I suppose ill see when or if it arrives. If its any issue, ill get my money back with paypal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

I suppose ill see when or if it arrives..

The theme of this thread!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Jayprey

Hate to put a dampener on people's hopes but just checked my online banking and the amount reserved for the purchase seems to have been released. Will still wait until Monday and see if I get emailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

My orders have been updated to the "stock shortage" message. They were on preparation. Lol. There on to us all!
    There will be a mass clampdown come Monday morning! Lol
    Mass refunds I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    My orders have been updated to the "stock shortage" message. They were on preparation. Lol. There on to us all!
    There will be a mass clampdown come Monday morning! Lol
    Mass refunds I'd say.

My orders??, greed gains little..

xECompanyx wrote: »
    My orders??, greed gains little..

Sorry, let me be more specific. Orders as in One TV and one radio. They are as one order and cannot be separately canceled so I presume both will be canceled.
    What did you think? Did you not order a TV? Did u think I ordered 10?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

looks good until you read this part about it at the very bottom. So a 4K playback device can only play SD content from Netflix who are one of the main 4k streamers at the moment. It's fairly fúckin useless then.

**The NEO X8-H Plus only supports standard definition Netflix. Netflix 1080p HD and 4K UHD resolution are not available on any MINIX NEO Series devices

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Sorry, let me be more specific. Orders as in One TV and one radio. They are as one order and cannot be separately canceled so I presume both will be canceled.
    What did you think? Did you not order a TV? Did u think I ordered 10?

Sorry bud, there were a few bragging about multiple orders, thought u were on that wagon, my bad..

As the OP, I paid a grand'ish, looking at the TV here in its wall mounted glory, sweet..

xECompanyx wrote: »
    Sorry bud, there were a few bragging about multiple others, thought u were on that wagon, my bad..

I'm the OP so paid a grand, looking at the TV here in its wall mounted glory, sweet..

Nope!
    Just the one for 4.99, it won't arrive I imagine but if Sony manage to sort the orders I'll get the radio I ordered and paid for so there won't be real disappointment as I planned to buy the radio. Anything else is a bonus! Lol.
    The grand is an excellent bargain BTW! I'll have to watch for it the next time I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Blazer wrote: »
    looks good until you read this part about it at the very bottom. So a 4K playback device can only play SD content from Netflix who are one of the main 4k streamers at the moment. It's fairly fúckin useless then.

**The NEO X8-H Plus only supports standard definition Netflix. Netflix 1080p HD and 4K UHD resolution are not available on any MINIX NEO Series devices

If you buy any android box, you'll not be long cancelling the aul netflix subscrption...... wink wink..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

Jayprey wrote: »
    Hate to put a dampener on people's hopes but just checked my online banking and the amount reserved for the purchase seems to have been released. Will still wait until Monday and see if I get emailed.

Yup, same here.

No email, and my order is still "being prepared".

Easy come, easy go eh?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Blazer wrote: »

It's the lack of DRM built into the box that causes Netflix to be restricted. The restriction is from Netflix themselves rather than the Android box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

These are going to be very well packaged TV's what with the best part of a week preparing the orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

These are going to be very well packaged TV's what with the best part of a week preparing the orders.

Maybe a fiver gets you a box stuffed with packaging. Still though, interested in seeing what happens. Its like the 50 euro iphone all over, I wonder will people start screaming blue murder for refunds this time :D

imitation wrote: »
    I wonder will people start screaming blue murder for refunds this time :D

Theres usually always one who think its his right to get every misprice and will get his lawyer and the police after them if they dont honour it :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭donnyb28

Anyone have any updates/ movement on their orders? I have not got a cancellation or confirmation since last Tuesday (4th). Still stuck on shipping tab and money still gone from my account. Strange because they have since fixed the pricing error, some of the staff must be on holidays :D

• Advertisement

donnyb28 wrote: »
    Anyone have any updates/ movement on their orders? I have not got a cancellation or confirmation since last Tuesday (4th). Still stuck on shipping tab and money still gone from my account. Strange because they have since fixed the pricing error, some of the staff must be on holidays :D

Your money is probably just on hold and has been released back. If takes 3-5 working days depending on bank for it to show back in account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭donnyb28

Your money is probably just on hold and has been released back. If takes 3-5 working days depending on bank for it to show back in account.

Yeah I understand that, just quite odd having zero communication (good or bad) from Sony in over 6 days.

I do agree its very odd that Sony have not sent out emails etc on this. I thought it would be an immediate thing for them to clamp down on should refunds be commenced, or at least an email acknowledgment on the price error. Wonder what's taking so long for things to happen either way. We shall wait until tomorrow, again! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

My order changed to "out of stock". When you browse the store it shows as in stock.

I think they have put all the orders in limbo until they ru their response by legal and pr just to make sure they are clear with their response.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

I'm waiting for someone to troll this thread stating they actually received a 4k TV for a fiver with a photoshopped invoice to boot.

The collective meltdown would be epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭k100

Sony just cancelled my orders dam :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

k100 wrote: »
    Sony just cancelled my orders dam :(

Same here.

Ah well. Just go to the chipper with the fiver instead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The dream is over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Just cancelled my order for 6 tv's :(

CURSE YOU SOOOOOOOOOONNNNYYYYYY !!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭brimur69

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products. Unfortunately there has been a technical error with the pricing on our website, and subsequently your recent order has been cancelled. The errors have since been fixed on the website, so you are very welcome to go ahead and place a new order.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Sony Store Online

Advertisement