Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X83C 4K Ultra HD with Android TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

xECompanyx wrote: »
    Your idiosy is outstanding. The original post was a bargain, not a pricing error. A grand for a TV sounds plausible to me and Sony thought so too as they despatched a unit at that genuine price. Hence my listing of this genuine bargain alert which is obviously unappreciated by you.

I'm done arguing with idiots. If I didn't post the bargain alert in the first place, none of you would have your €4.99 orders including the tool who called me hypocritical. For those of you who got a TV at the genuine bargain alert reduction, well done, you saved yourself €350 off the high Street price.

Best BA of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I think the OP got his at a genuine price reduction,
    It was at €1055 for 5 days according to pricespy.

It was some kinda miracle that allowed you guys to buy (or at least try) TV's for a fiver :D
    I'll be genuinely shocked if any leave the warehouse with that price on the purchase order!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

Adverts this time next week.
    8acR0tR.png

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I think the OP got his at a genuine price reduction,
    It was at €1055 for 5 days according to pricespy.

It was some kinda miracle that allowed you guys to buy (or at least try) TV's for a fiver :D
    I'll be genuinely shocked if any leave the warehouse with that price on the purchase order!

The funny thing is the despatch packing slip on my delivery did not include the price so, if the warehouse guys are not communicating with the sales/store guys, the fiver TV's could be winging their way??, would be hard to imagine such miscommunication but y'all will live in hope I'm sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

xECompanyx wrote: »
    The funny thing is the despatch paking slip on my delivery did not include the price so, if the warehouse guys are not communicating with the sales/store guys, the fiver TV's could be winging their way??, would be hard to imagine such miscommunication but y'all will live in hope I'm sure..

Even a greater chance so!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Did anyone get and tracking number via email yet?

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Did anyone get and tracking number via email yet?

I didn't get the email, yet.. hopefully tomorrow. I only ordered it yesterday so still hoping I'll get one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I have a 42inch 4K tv that I got on offer for €300 on amazon.de and its a bit of waste right now. Theres barely anything to watch in 4k, bar using it as a monitor with some 4k games, but my gfx card isnt good enough for 4k games. It is amazing to see in person though.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

i got dispatch email, but i never paid a cent, it wouldnt let me through to payment screen, unlikey and i aint holding my breath, but ...........

chris1970 wrote: »
    i got dispatch email, but i never paid a cent, it wouldnt let me through to payment screen, unlikey and i aint holding my breath, but ...........

Screenshot? Just so I know what to expect.

edit: any tracking number?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Techmaster wrote: »
    Screenshot? Just so I know what to expect.

edit: any tracking number?

no me wrong , it still glitched on payment screen, says delivery
    Delivery: 06/08 - 10/08
    even less doubtful now :(

Techmaster wrote: »
    I didn't get the email, yet.. hopefully tomorrow. I only ordered it yesterday so still hoping I'll get one.

Me too, I think all of us ordered within a 3 hour window of opportunity. But would it usually take this long to get a tracking number?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

At this stage I'd say sony have it figured out and have paused the orders to get their side of the situation sorted out.

puzl wrote: »
    At this stage I'd say sony have it figured out and have paused the orders to get their side of the situation sorted out.

Agreed. Anyone have any updates? All are probably paused but I'd love to know weather there being paused and refused or not. By not knowing we will have to wait the weekend I imagine. Anyone ring them that may have had a separate order perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Agreed. Anyone have any updates? All are probably paused but I'd love to know weather there being paused and refused or not. By not knowing we will have to wait the weekend I imagine. Anyone ring them that may have had a separate order perhaps?

yeah I think by ringing it will bring attention to it so I think best bet to wait until Monday evening, before someone makes a break and rings!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

Dude you're almost certainly not getting your €5 TV, but whatever slight chance there is that it'll be dispatched will disappear if you phone Sony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I bet some jealous git rang Sony to tell them of their error.

Best Bargain Alert ever if you get them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Synode wrote: »

I certainly can't see any jealous posters in this thread! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Synode wrote: »

I'm jealous but not spiteful. I hope they get the €5 tv's. I just wish I seen this thread earlier and tried myself lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

MarkY91 wrote: »
    But what's the point in 4k tv at this time? What will you view? Would a 4ktv make 1080p look better?

Isn't it like back then having a hdtv and viewing SD dvds and SD tv which made it look worse half the time

My android box has a 4k player.

• Advertisement

puzl wrote: »
    Dude you're almost certainly not getting your €5 TV, but whatever slight chance there is that it'll be dispatched will disappear if you phone Sony.

I certainly know that! The "trill" part of this bargain was the payment going through IMO as the dispatch of the item from the warehouse will probably will be stopped. I've not ordered from sony before but I thought they'd clamp down pretty fast and just mail you asap telling of an error but we will just have to wait and see.
    Nobody's ringing Sony, we are all playing the game. Lol
    It would be an extraordinary bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭droidman123

I,m going to ring them and rat the lot of you out!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

How long can they keep a "hold" on the money from your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Soarer wrote: »
    How long can they keep a "hold" on the money from your account?

it's just resting in their account....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

My android box has a 4k player.
    Whats your android box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Well if the one guy that paid €1200 got his already and all the €5 ones did not, then obviously the gig is up unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

Well if the one guy that paid €1200 got his already and all the €5 ones did not, then obviously the gig is up unfortunately

His was ordered, and dispatched, before the price dropped to €5. So we'll live in hope for another day or two yet!

I've Joe Duffy on speed dial for when it's eventually cancelled!

Soarer wrote: »
    His was ordered, and dispatched, before the price dropped to €5. So we'll live in hope for another day or two yet!

I've Joe Duffy on speed dial for when it's eventually cancelled!

I'd say three days at this rate! Or at least until Monday lunchtime will all know surely.

• Advertisement

Advertisement