Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X83C 4K Ultra HD with Android TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

Buddy of mine ordered at about 10am this morning, and threw in a soundbar with his order. He got the "shortage" notification on his order, but has since moved from "processing" to "shipping", with the "shortage" notification still present.
    Don't know what it means, but I'll be rightly pissed off if he gets it after me telling him about the offer, and him ordering 10 hours after me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Mine is on shipping too.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

Do you people seriously think Sony would just give away it's merchandise because of a technical pricing error? Wake up and Smell the coffee. Any 4.99 order will be cancelled. This had happened with Sony before where a 2000 dollar camera was incorrectly available to buy on their website for 20 bucks (Google it for more info). All orders were cancelled as Sony had a protective disclaimer in its terms and conditions to protect against price errors.

I just don't understand why some are deliberately trying to exploit this.

I am the OP of this bargain alert (price I paid was eur1055). My order was shipped surprise surprise..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

It's 4.99, but when you go to your basket it's 1700..

My cunning plan is to print out the 4.99 page and bring it to a shop that sells the same model and get them to price match..

What could possibly go wrong???????

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Lighten up for feck's sake it's a bit of craic.

• Advertisement

xECompanyx wrote: »
    Do you people seriously think Sony would just give away it's merchandise because of a technical pricing error? Wake up and Smell the coffee. Any 4.99 order will be cancelled. This had happened with Sony before where a 2000 dollar camera was incorrectly available to buy on their website for 20 bucks (Google it for more info). All orders were cancelled as Sony had a protective disclaimer in its terms and conditions to protect against price errors.

I am the OP of this bargain alert (price I paid was eur1055). My order was shipped surprise surprise..

You're taking this very personally dude. This is the whole point of Bargain Alerts.
    Without taking chances like this, I'd not have gotten a 1c tv or 2 x 1c bluray players Christmas 12 months ago.

Won't you be annoyed when we get our €4.99 TV's after you paying €1,055 for yours :P

sweetie wrote: »
    Lighten up for feck's sake it's a bit of craic.

Muddling a genuine bargain thread with rubbish posts?, great Craic..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Punctuation alert :eek:

:P

There's nobody muddying it. It's Sony reduced the price.
    The original price was good, but people talking about the fact it's now massively reduced is the fault of nobody on this thread.

• Advertisement

Techmaster wrote: »
    Won't you be annoyed when we get our €4.99 TV's after you paying €1,055 for yours :P

Let me know for sure, Sony will be getting a call in that case..

Soarer wrote: »
    There's nobody muddying it. It's Sony reduced the price.
    The original price was good, but people talking about the fact it's now massively reduced is the fault of nobody on this thread.

Ah, the moral high ground. Is it a price reduction or a price mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Can I just say this is boarding on being BA thread of the year... What we need is someones mammy to come along and stop all the fighting.

Ah, the moral high ground. Is it a price reduction or a price mistake?

It doesn't matter what you call it; the price is reduced. And that's what people are talking about. There's no high ground on my part.
    But I'll call it a mistake if it makes you feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sooooooooo.. anyone thrown this in yet?

3rnvk6.jpg

Basq wrote: »
    Sooooooooo.. anyone thrown this in yet?

In a former life, you'd be moderating the shizzle out of this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

For example:

http://petapixel.com/2015/05/31/what-the-sony-is-selling-the-a7r-for-200-instead-of-1900/

(I ordered one anyway. If you're not in.... )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭cletus

Being annoyed/upset on behalf of another person is a trait that irks me, but being annoyed/upset on behalf of a billion dollar multinational company that has a legal/retail wing to deal with this kind of issue goes beyond anything I can understand

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Anyone checked there orders on there Sony account?

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Anyone checked there orders on there Sony account?

Your order is being shipped.
    You can track it on our shipping partner's website (only available for some carriers)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Your order is being shipped.
    You can track it on our shipping partner's website (only available for some carriers)

Fair play! I eagerly await to hear back if you get it!!

The price of the 49" is back up to €1700 when you add it to the basket. So I can only assume the OP is going to return his when it arrives, as it was an obvious mistake on Sony's part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Quote:
    Originally Posted by robbie1977
    Would the Sony tv be a better buy than the Panasonic tv posted the other day

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/panaso...v/327114/405.0

That panel is an OEM, not actually produced by Panasonic at all. Just slapped their name on it.

How do you know this is an OEM ? Not a deal ?

How do you know this is an OEM ? Not a deal ?

Was chatting to the brand rep in the store I work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Both prices have now been fixed, either the shutters are coming down on these or they could slip through the net by miracle. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Both prices have now been fixed, either the shutters are coming down on these or they could slip through the net by miracle. Lol

So the 49" that is now €1703.62 on the site was truly available for €1055.00 the other day?

Leslie91 wrote: »
    So the 49" that is now €1703.62 on the site was truly available for €1055.00 the other day?

Yes, the 49" was €1055 for a few days until there was a price f##k up on the Sony website. The 49" is full whack again but the 43" has dropped in price. That's something I suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Mine is on its way too!

357616.png

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

jameshayes, you paid €5 or €1055? Your shipping status shows 1055.

• Advertisement

jameshayes wrote: »
    Mine is on its way too!

357616.png

Sweet, decent price to be fair.. Mine is with the courier but I've been informed there is a delay, unforeseeable with the courier apparently. f##k it, I'll have it in a few days..

Advertisement