Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X83C 4K Ultra HD with Android TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭D/C

xECompanyx wrote: »
    The 43" price is correct as I've been researching these for a while. As said previously, the 49" price drop is more than likely due to surplus stock or its a pricing error. With the latter, I'd doubt it as that price has been in place for a few days now on the site and they shipped a unit to me at that price so all good..

The price of the 43" is way off on the site! It retails for €1099 locally

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

D/C wrote: »
    The price of the 43" is way off on the site! It retails for €1099 locally

€1099 is for non 4K variant.

currys.ie/Product/sony-bravia-kd43x8305cbu-smart-ultra-hd-4k-43-led-tv/332330/397.0.3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Folks, this may be a nice TV at a nice price but a 4k TV at this size has to be questioned, you would want to se sitting very close to notice a difference between a 1080p resolution and 4k.
    However, if all the other features tickle your fancy then go for it, just don't expect much content or picture improvement if sitting back from the screen...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Would the Sony tv be a better buy than the Panasonic tv posted the other day

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/panasonic-viera-tx55cx400b-smart-3d-ultra-hd-4k-55-led-tv/327114/405.0

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

If you are a sports person have a read of this too, I've not looked at the TV in question so not sure it relates, but worth a read.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/sky-4k-tv-early-adopters-wont-be-able-watch-sports-broadcast-uhd-1504433

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

robbie1977 wrote: »

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/panasonic-viera-tx55cx400b-smart-3d-ultra-hd-4k-55-led-tv/327114/405.0

thanks

That panel is an OEM, not actually produced by Panasonic at all. Just slapped their name on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭D/C

€1099 is for non 4K variant.

currys.ie/Product/sony-bravia-kd43x8305cbu-smart-ultra-hd-4k-43-led-tv/332330/397.0.3

Trust me they're retailing at €1099! The W8 series is €849! The W7 series 40" is €629

robbie1977 wrote: »

.pcworld.ie/Product/panasonic-viera-tx55cx400b-smart-3d-ultra-hd-4k-55-led-tv/327114/405.0[/url]

thanks

The Sony has over twice the refresh rate of the panasonic, 900 htz V 400, that's the clincher for me. Sony's are generally more expensive and considered to be a leading brand. I like Sony so I'm probably being a bit biased being honest :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

These android tv's had several issues with the os, Sony have fixed a lot via firmware, though issues still with audio. Their Sony forum has a large thread on it

Saying that, I got the 43x755 two weeks ago and I'm very happy

Unfortunately though , clouding in lower right corner but I'll just have to put up with it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

BArra wrote: »
    These android tv's had several issues with the os, Sony have fixed a lot via firmware, though issues still with audio. Their Sony forum has a large thread on it

Saying that, I got the 43x755 two weeks ago and I'm very happy

Unfortunately though , clouding in lower right corner but I'll just have to put up with it

Where did you buy it? Would they not recognise the clouding as a defect?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/2015-bravia-android-tv-issues/m-p/1989563#M31703

Bought it from Harvey Norman little island, from what I've read the panels suffer from it. Many people wouldn't notice it, I'm susceptible to these things though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

They're coming up as a fiver for me now! Ordering one will only get my hopes up and knowing my luck I'll be charged full price for something I don't want/need but best of luck to anyone who wants to take a punt

That post is only gonna encourage idiots to order two dozen of the things!

Soarer wrote: »
    Where did you buy it? Would they not recognise the clouding as a defect?

Of all the reviews and forums I have read on this 4K model, this is the 1st time I've heard anyone having clouding issues with these Sony LEDs. These sets have a Sony 5yr guarantee so not an issue.

A few weeks ago i bought a lg 49ub850v from Argos for eur818 (incl a 10% disc) which I thought was a great price but alas, I returned the set due to backlight bleeding. Argos were slow to issue a refund but I eventually got it. I bought this Sony instead..

Of all the reviews and forums I have read on this 4K model, this is the 1st time I've heard anyone having clouding issues with these Sony LEDs. These sets have a Sony 5yr guarantee so not an issue.

A few weeks ago i bought a lg 49ub850v from Argos for eur818 (incl a 10% disc) which I thought was a great price but alas, I returned the set due to backlight bleeding. Argos were slow to issue a refund but I eventually got it. I bought this Sony instead..

When you're paying fairly top dollar for a set, you should be 100% happy. Whatever about a dead pixel, which can be annoying but more law of averages, AFAIK clouding and/or bleeding is caused by over/under tightening of screws.Shouldn't have to put up with that IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Error while processing my order. Says to phone the call centre.

Meh, was only ordering because it was a fiver in the hopes they messed up and actually sent it out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Ordered 10...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭CH3OH

164 cm/65" 4K Ultra HD Android TV, TRILUMINOS Display. Silver
    Model Number KD65X8507CSU 1 x 4.99 €

I see there is an option to use a discount code
    Voucher:
    Have a discount code?
    Apply it here.

Anyone have a code?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

tallpaul wrote: »
    Ordered 10...

Information

There is an error with your order (xxx). Please phone the call centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

neacy69 wrote: »
    Information

There is an error with your order (xxx). Please phone the call centre

Put in the blue ray player :);)

Just placed order for 113.98....2 tvs and blue ray player

My account direct debit was charged, just verified, and I received an email to verify acceptance and also online confirmation

So at worst, all I have to do is fight them that I now have a contract......

flexcon wrote: »

My account direct debit was charged, just verified, and I received an email to verify acceptance and also online confirmation

Well done on ordering 2 x €1800 tvs. That'll never raise suspicion. Some people are never happy with chancing a one off.

Second, you don't have a contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Just placed an order for 5 of the 43 inch versions, they were out of the others. Also got some headphones :D

Order went through and payment was accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I ordered one TV and a bluray ;)

Edit: Checked my cc company, payment has been taken.

Soarer wrote: »
    Well done on ordering 2 x €1800 tvs. That'll never raise suspicion. Some people are never happy with chancing a one off.

Second, you don't have a contract.

I was actually chancing a once off but that was just so the order would go through. It wouldn't go through with one tv...for me anyway! I had to play around with the order

And I realise I am chancing my arm, but so long as the protections are there to protect myself, or them as a company, then it will play out to whatever the outcome is.

Problem is I have been charged the amount stated on the order! And has now go to processing order???????

I was actually chancing a once off

Methinks you would have been better keeping this to yourself.

Techmaster wrote: »
    Methinks you would have been better keeping this to yourself.

What can I say the excitement of this working got to me :pac:

• Advertisement

What can I say the excitement of this working got to me :pac:

Yeah, but now they will cancel all the 4.99 orders. Yours may have actually gotten through if you kept it to yourself :rolleyes:

Advertisement