Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X83C 4K Ultra HD with Android TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Soarer

For everyone's benefit, YOUR PAYMENT ISN'T ACCEPTED, AND YOU DON'T HAVE A CONTRACT!

There's a hold on the amount from your account, and Sony are free (and likely) to cancel anytime before shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Techmaster wrote: »
    Yeah, but now they will cancel all the 4.99 orders. Yours may have actually gotten through if you kept it to yourself :rolleyes:

Era, without someone finding out and saying they were 5 euro and sharing here on this thread I wouldn't have visited the site anyway, so what comes around goes around. :)

Soarer wrote: »
    For everyone's benefit, YOUR PAYMENT ISN'T ACCEPTED, AND YOU DON'T HAVE A CONTRACT!

There's a hold on the amount from your account, and Sony are free (and likely) to cancel anytime before shipping.

Ah don't ruin the fun !!!

"We temporarily have a stock shortage on one of your items, once stock is available all items in your order will be ready to ship."
    Ok I take your point more now @ Tech master haha

flexcon wrote: »
    Era, without someone finding out and saying they were 5 euro and sharing here on this thread I wouldn't have visited the site anyway, so what comes around goes around. :)

What about the early adopters that may have slipped through before the deluge of multiple set orders?

What about the early adopters that may have slipped through before the deluge of multiple set orders?

Point taken :) All is good. If it works then great, if not then It was a learning exercise in being more selfish :P

• Advertisement

Ah don't ruin the fun !!!

I know it's fun, but some people may have gotten a genuine bargain. No point in ruining things just for ruining's sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 need_some_help

Shows as 4.99 but when it's added to basket it changes to 1,703.62😒

Shows as 4.99 but when it's added to basket it changes to 1,703.62😒

Yeah it's fixed now the past 15 mins at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

Yeah it's fixed now the past 15 mins at least.

The smaller tv still works.

Magnate wrote: »
    The smaller tv still works.

Intersting not myself anymore! I wonder are they on the site trying to fix it and some are working, some aint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I've received an order confirmation and my credit card has been debited according to Ulster bank lady. Terms below....

By placing an Order, you make an offer to us to purchase the Products and/or Services you have selected on
    these Terms. We may or may not accept your offer at our discretion. Any Contract is dependent and conditional
    upon Sony’s verification of availability and confirmation of both your Order and your credit card or other
    payment details. If we accept your Order, we will notify you of our acceptance by issuing an Order Confirmation.
    Generally, Sony has 14 days as of the receipt of your placed Order for such verification and confirmation. As long
    as Sony has not confirmed both of the above mentioned points, Sony is not obliged to provide Products and/or
    Services.

Intersting not myself anymore! I wonder are they on the site trying to fix it and some are working, some aint?

Spoke too soon, made it to the last payment page only to be greeted by "There is a technical problem with the Payment Server. Please try again later."

Good luck to everyone who got in early :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

"Sorry, but this product is temporarily out of stock. To be able to proceed to the checkout with other available products, you will need to remove it from your shopping basket."

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

Can I request a moderater to step in here? I originally created this thread on a genuine bargain which was kdl-49x8407csu for eur1055. Due to pricing issues on Sony website, this thread is spiralling out of control and I do not wish to be part of this aspect of discussion.

xECompanyx wrote: »
    Can I request a moderater to step in here? I originally created this thread on a genuine bargain which was kdl-49x8407csu for eur1055. Due to pricing issues on Sony website, this thread is spiralling out of control and I do not wish to be part of this aspect of discussion.

It's too late now, the Garda Fraud Squad are already en route to your location, save yourself while you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I found when ordering it said error when buying the television on its own. I added a radio to the basket and ordered both and it went through!

sweetie wrote: »
    I've received an order confirmation and my credit card has been debited according to Ulster bank lady. Terms below....

By placing an Order, you make an offer to us to purchase the Products and/or Services you have selected on
    these Terms. We may or may not accept your offer at our discretion. Any Contract is dependent and conditional
    upon Sony’s verification of availability and confirmation of both your Order and your credit card or other
    payment details. If we accept your Order, we will notify you of our acceptance by issuing an Order Confirmation.
    Generally, Sony has 14 days as of the receipt of your placed Order for such verification and confirmation. As long
    as Sony has not confirmed both of the above mentioned points, Sony is not obliged to provide Products and/or
    Services.

So you've completed your part of "the contract", but they have to confirm "availability". ie. no contract yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads, trying to order a 1700 euro tv for a fiver is basically theft. It's horrible behaviour and an indication of your lack of moral fibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads, trying to order a 1700 euro tv for a fiver is basically theft. It's horrible behaviour and an indication of your lack of moral fibre.

Really dramatic much? People are chancing their arm there's very little chance any order for the TV will go though at €4.99.

Any luck getting the €1300 Macbook for €600??
    Anyone have any luck picking one up for 600?

How does that moral fibre taste?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

xECompanyx wrote: »
    Due to pricing issues on Sony website, this thread is spiralling out of control and I do not wish to be part of this aspect of discussion.

Bye so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Tastes quite bitty to be honest, might taste better when I'm sitting in front of my 6 new tv's :D

KTR1C wrote: »
    Tastes quite bitty to be honest, might taste better when I'm sitting in front of my 6 new tv's :D

It probably won't happen

Here is the section from the PDF attached to the order

Terms and Conditions of Sale of Products
    Please read these terms and conditions carefully. They contain very important information about your rights and obligations, as well as warranty and liability limitations that may apply to you. By placing an order for Products, you (“Customer”) accept and agree to these terms and conditions. A binding contract will only be formed upon Sony giving notice of its formal acceptance of an order. Acknowledgment of receipt of an order shall not constitute acceptance of an order.

Any luck getting the €1300 Macbook for €600??

Huge difference between getting a MacBook half price and getting a 1700 tv for 5 euro.

It's behaviour like this that leads to consumers being treated like idiots and people like the OP are now less likely to post a great bargain in here because of how people tried to exploit it.

Huge difference between getting a MacBook half price and getting a 1700 tv for 5 euro.

It's behaviour like this that leads to consumers being treated like idiots and people like the OP are now less likely to post a great bargain in here because of how people tried to exploit it.

Would you pay more taxes then you legally have to? Would you take action to reduce your tax bill if you could legally?

Well I am legally trying to get the TV for 4.99. It was advertised at that price, and I am asking to buy at that price.

No big deal, if Sony are protected then no one looses and I just have to get the refund back. Seriously dude, no behaviour here. It is advertised at that rate.

Saying it is clearly a mistake is just being subjective.

Forgive my comparison as clearly there are differences, but it is the mentality. It's like asking sky to cancel your sky tv package as someone suggested to do that as they will offer you a reduced rate to stay, even though you had no intention of leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

:rolleyes: No difference at all actually, you are essentially trying to do the exact same thing. Trying to get a product for less than it's usual price/RRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Jayprey

43" deal seems to be back up. Get the CC's out!!

Techmaster wrote: »
    :rolleyes: No difference at all actually, you are essentially trying to do the exact same thing. Trying to get a product for less than it's usual price/RRP.

Buying an old MacBook at 600 would still yield a profit for Apple. At 5 euro Sony would be paying you to take this TV from them. Huge difference.

Would you pay more taxes then you legally have to? Would you take action to reduce your tax bill if you could legally?

Well I am legally trying to get the TV for 4.99. It was advertised at that price, and I am asking to buy at that price.

No big deal, if Sony are protected then no one looses and I just have to get the refund back. Seriously dude, no behaviour here. It is advertised at that rate.

Saying it is clearly a mistake is just being subjective.

Forgive my comparison as clearly there are differences, but it is the mentality. It's like asking sky to cancel your sky tv package as someone suggested to do that as they will offer you a reduced rate to stay, even though you had no intention of leaving.

It is in no way subjective to say that a 4k tv shouldn't be sold for 5 euro.

• Advertisement

It is in no way subjective to say that a 4k tv shouldn't be sold for 5 euro.

I genuinely beg to differ.

Point being anyway what If I genuinely wanted to buy this tv? DO I ring Sony and say, hmm I don't ting that price is right, shouldn't that be more expensive? I mean it is a tv..right?

I would probably do that with a friend of mine, but not a multinational company that I have no feelings towards.

Advertisement