Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X83C 4K Ultra HD with Android TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

So is mine! :)

download.png

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭brimur69

Techmaster wrote: »

download.png

You got the 65" for a fiver? I didnt even see that listed :P

brimur69 wrote: »
    You got the 65" for a fiver? I didnt even see that listed :P

Yeah, but I'm still pissed I couldn't find a voucher code for the order. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭xECompanyx

Yeah, but I'm still pissed I couldn't find a voucher code for the order. :P

Screenshot issues, ignore

xECompanyx wrote: »
    Screenshot issues, ignore

what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

puzl wrote: »
    jameshayes, you paid €5 or €1055? Your shipping status shows 1055.

1055, for a 1700 tv that I was about to buy anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

jameshayes wrote: »
    1055, for a 1700 tv that I was about to buy anyhow

Congrats man, a great deal. Let us know when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Once you get a tracking number emailed, then it's set in stone. That's what I'm waiting unti . Otherwise I'm in the "prepared" and another order on shipping with non number yet so hopefully before lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

download.png

Jaysus fairplay, a 65 inch 4k telly for a fiver!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

But what's the point in 4k tv at this time? What will you view? Would a 4ktv make 1080p look better?

Isn't it like back then having a hdtv and viewing SD dvds and SD tv which made it look worse half the time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

download.png

hhhmm..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

MarkY91 wrote: »
    But what's the point in 4k tv at this time? What will you view? Would a 4ktv make 1080p look better?

Isn't it like back then having a hdtv and viewing SD dvds and SD tv which made it look worse half the time

Youtube, Netflix, BT Sports all offer 4k now. More will follow.

Very limited options at present but there is some 4K content on Youtube, Netflix, Amazon prime.

4K tvs will upscale 1080p content so the video should look better, but I'm guessing it will be only marginally so.

For a fiver I won't complain ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

For a fiver I won't complain ;)

Take a pic of it with you and your boards account on show when it arrives.

Has anyone's else's been shipped ? Mine is on hold pending stock.

what?

I was trying to screenshot my order screen. Haven't posted that much on boards so guess I'm not allowed. Anyway, my order status says despatched. The price I paid was €1055. If any of the 4.99 orders progress to despatched, y'all let me know d'u hear...

Ush1 wrote: »
    Youtube, Netflix, BT Sports all offer 4k now. More will follow.

P*rn

ThNks for the info guys. I know of 4k YouTube videos etc but it's farrrrr from being the norm yet like HD is. Will 4k blurays be a thing soon?

I like how one guy said it up scales your HD content which sounds handy. Would it be any use on a ps4?

It's out of my price range but ill be getting a 4k tv when prices are alot lower and when tonnes of content is available. I'd gladly take one for a fiver like mentioned above though :L

KTR1C wrote: »
    Take a pic of it with you and your boards account on show when it arrives.

Has anyone's else's been shipped ? Mine is on hold pending stock.

No problem. Hopefully I get a tracking number soon!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I like how one guy said it up scales your HD content which sounds handy....

It kinda has to, no choice as it can only display one resolution i.e. 3840 x 2160, throw a VHS into it and it will also go up to that resolution but expect a pretty crap picture. This is where the processing power of a 4k TV comes into play as it has to make up to 90% of the picture you see on the screen...
    Move to 4k is inevitable, just a matter of time, some TV ranges for 2015 are 4k only

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

I had a 49" lg 4k (49ub850v) for about a week and the upscaled ps4 and xbox1 feed looked far superior to the normal 1080p feed. The brightness, detail and colours in particular looked amazing. I was slow to return the LG but think I made the right decision with this Sony

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Ush1 wrote: »
    BT Sports all offer 4k now

Not if you aren't a BT customer in the UK

slave1 wrote: »
    It kinda has to, no choice as it can only display one resolution i.e. 3840 x 2160, throw a VHS into it and it will also go up to that resolution but expect a pretty crap picture. This is where the processing power of a 4k TV comes into play as it has to make up to 90% of the picture you see on the screen...
    Move to 4k is inevitable, just a matter of time, some TV ranges for 2015 are 4k only

the thing about 4k is that they are all HUGE in screen size. sizes that are too big for living rooms let alone bedrooms. ive a 42" in my bedroom which people find stupid but its normal to me. will there be a day of a 42" 4ktv? i guess its not noticeable at smaller sizes?

there are 42" 4k tvs

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Samsung have plenty of 40" 4k TV options

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

the thing about 4k is that they are all HUGE in screen size. sizes that are too big for living rooms let alone bedrooms. ive a 42" in my bedroom which people find stupid but its normal to me. will there be a day of a 42" 4ktv? i guess its not noticeable at smaller sizes?

http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-42UB820V

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Yes it is. HD images on a 4k screen may look "softer" and "nosier" and normally gets worse as you increase screen size. Same issue that effect SD on a HD screen. Depends on how good the tv's algorithms are to mitigate it.

All said though between €700 and €1700 off is a great bargain!

i hd no idea of 4ktv's in that size. ive read numerous times of how big a 4ktv is etc. im happy with my 42" sony W6 for now but ill be getting 4k near the end of 2016 i guess. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I imagine , payment, preparing and shipping with an actual shipping number via email wouldn't take this long in comparasion to ordering anything else in this instance. Anyone rang Sony to see what the hold up is? I would rather know if its going ahead or being canceled... Lol
    But instead we are left to wonder.

• Advertisement

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    I imagine , payment, preparing and shipping with an actual shipping number via email wouldn't take this long in comparasion to ordering anything else in this instance. Anyone rang Sony to see what the hold up is? I would rather know if its going ahead or being canceled... Lol
    But instead we are left to wonder.

Your €4.99 65" 4K Sony led TV should be with you shortly buddy, hang in there :-)

Advertisement