Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

"We are hugging in our hearts"

I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"moments of kindness"

Tubridy acting like he invented Face Time and What's App video calling.

Ironic coming from the man whos mission in life is to do away with that kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

This one is playing tubridys tune...

P
    U
    K
    E

In her PJ's. Classy bird;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

'It's not phoney baloney' says the bould Ryan *lol*

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

"moments of kindness"

Tubridy acting like he invented Face Time and What's App video calling.

Did he not encourage us all to move back to Nokia 3310s for the last year and to ditch smartphones?

We'd be happier he'd tell us on a daily basis.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Did he not encourage us all to move back to Nokia 3310s for the last year and to ditch smartphones?

We'd be happier he'd tell us on a daily basis.

RTE - more flip lops than a Havaianas superstore.

Anybody notice he always mentions a previous LLS guest in every intro speech?

The famine . Bingo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Sweet jesus! tubs sounds like he's on a boner since this corona virus started. Every f*****g morning he goes on and on and on about it!
    It's supposed to be a light entertainment show .

......he got me when all he ever wanted was bread and jam. I'll give him one thing he's entertaining.

American... check
    Writer.... ....check

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    ......he got me when all he ever wanted was bread and jam. I'll give him one thing he's entertaining.

I wonder then could RTE renegotiate his contract for 100 sliced pans (2 a week) and 24 assorted jars of Bonne Maman?

American... check
    Writer.... ....check

Me.. Gone. Check

I wonder then could RTE renegotiate his contract for 100 sliced pans (2 a week) and 24 assorted jars of Bonne Maman?

Bonne Maman ?? I'd say he was more a 'Bo Peep' lad back in the day. The Bean an tí wouldn't have any of that French stuff on her shopping list.

A bean an tí serving sliced pan at her breakfast table....I never heard the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I think Ryan is a very good broadcaster. Very professional.

But.

He had Prof Luke O'Neill on a few weeks ago on the LLS talking about the virus. Ryan turned to the audience and said 'Do you feel more reassured now? or words to that effect. On his radio programme these days he seems to be on some kind of high. I get the impression he sees himself as some kind of custodian, some kind of guardian of Ireland's spirit. Or wanting to be seen as such. With O'Neill I just felt like as if Tubridy was self serving. It was O'Neill who was allaying fears, not Tubridy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

bobbyss wrote: »

But.

He had Prof Luke O'Neill on a few weeks ago on the LLS talking about the virus. Ryan turned to the audience and said 'Do you feel more reassured now? or words to that effect. On his radio programme these days he seems to be on some kind of high. I get the impression he sees himself as some kind of custodian, some kind of guardian of Ireland's spirit. Or wanting to be seen as such. With O'Neill I just felt like as if Tubridy was self serving. It was O'Neill who was allaying fears, not Tubridy.

therefore a poor broadcaster

But.

He wouldn't be the first RTE broadcaster to be on a high. ;)

I also think hes a very poor broadcaster

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

But.

To demonstably display how bad Ryan Tubridy is on all levels in his capacity as the country's highest paid or near highest paid 'broadcaster' is beyond the scope of mere words on a forum thread. His rank amateurism is on display every time his limitlessly pithy ill-informed commentary is exposed on radio and tv, as his self-indulgent and truly self-absorbed pettiness is laid bare on topics he shows zero understanding of or interest in and all the while is relayed through a standard of semi or ill-education and unlettered words. He is truly the worst of the worst. Eleven years on the Late Late show! Sweet Jesus!

• Advertisement

He wouldn't be the first RTE broadcaster to be on a high. ;)

I also think hes a very poor broadcaster

I think he’s one of the few that don’t think he’s a very poor broadcaster

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

But.

All true but Tubridy was the one with the cue cards with the questions to ask the professor so it was in effect Tubridy that got the reassurance for us.

An elongated ad for the LLS within 5 seconds.
    I remember when the LLS could stand on it's own 2 feet,it didn't need a zimmer frame to support it.

There's loads of youngsters listening.

30 seconds later,

Youngsters don't listen to a boring old fart like me.

Think I've entered the twilight zone

An email asking for his advice on a book about history for an older relative and lo and behold the answer is a book that he had spoken about already this week?!?! What are the odds?!?!?!?

I think he knows well the clichè of dancing around the kitchen

PieOhMy wrote: »
    An email asking for his advice on a book about history for an older relative and lo and behold the answer is a book that he had spoken about already this week?!?! What are the odds?!?!?!?

Did he recommend one of Mr. Duffy’s Children’s Death Books?

sligojoek wrote: »
    There's loads of youngsters listening.

30 seconds later,

Youngsters don't listen to a boring old fart like me.

You'll have missed the phoney baloney message he received from the mother of a teenager who sat down with the mother to listen to Tubridy, I kid you not and what did the teenager say when listening to the show 'He's not half bad is he'

• Advertisement

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    You'll have missed the phoney baloney message he received from the mother of a teenager who sat down with the mother to listen to Tubridy, I kid you not and what did the teenager say when listening to the show 'He's not half bad is he'

giphy.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement