Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

The high pitched end of sentence inflections made this poster reach for the off button.

Would you prefer D'Arcy's low pitched tone at the end of every sentence, followed by a sigh. Derek is at least upbeat, and passionate and a bit positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Derek is at least upbeat, and passionate and a bit positive.

Maybe they should give him the full gig at this time slot. Once he keeps away from Brenda and stories about knickers etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,251 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Reducing his guest to tears.

Good to have you back, Ryan.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

At least Ryan had the courtesy to thank his Summer subs-I think it’s really rude when hosts arrive back to present their shows and don’t acknowledge their subs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Red Fred

honeybear wrote: »
    At least Ryan had the courtesy to thank his Summer subs-I think it’s really rude when hosts arrive back to present their shows and don’t acknowledge their subs

Did he do his usual "We're back til Christmas now" neglecting to mention that he'll disappear for the midterm break in October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭amlinopta

“Pretty much now until Christmas” was the exact quote. Wouldn’t be RTE without a couple of breaks between now and then though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Red Fred wrote: »
    Did he do his usual "We're back til Christmas now" neglecting to mention that he'll disappear for the midterm break in October.

©️ Teachers Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Think he got 2 minutes in this morning before he started repeating the term "back to school" ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Reducing his guest to tears.

Good to have you back, Ryan.

:rolleyes:

I must have missed that bit. Was it while talking about her two broken arms?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

No. He ambushed her with a sound-clip of her late father.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Jaysus, recounting his trips to the library is he? Riveting, compelling material there.

He is obsessed with letting people know what a big reader he is, how much he loves books and how important he thinks they are for kids. It's just rubbish. No insight. No substance. Repeating stock phrases and popular opinions thinking he sounds like some sort of intellectual. As if nobody else ever read a book in their lives and was unaware of the benefits of reading. It's nauseating to listen to - over and over and over and over. "Like an auld auntie gibbering on", as the last post said.

It would be a lot easier to dismiss if he were some part-timer on the graveyard shift. But he's being pushed forward as if he were some sort of star, given prime-time slots and half a mil per year to rattle on about utter sh*te.

Ha ha, actually thought of this post this morning listening to the show. he rattled on about books for f*cking ages! :D

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Ha ha, actually thought of this post this morning listening to the show. he rattled on about books for f*cking ages! :D

Tuned in this morning and the first thing I heard was something like, "later on I'm gonna tell you all about the children's books that I've been reading. There's a brilliant one about a piece of tin foil that comes to life". (500k per year)

I'd love to sit him down and ask him what happened in his past that has left him stuck in his pre-adolesent years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

Nerdlingr wrote: »

There's a lot else to dislike about the guy, but what's wrong with being a voracious reader? Some broadcasters bang on about sports incessantly, some about their kids, some about cyclists, or whatever. He likes books and wants to talk about them - so what?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,172 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

davef1000 wrote: »
    There's a lot else to dislike about the guy, but what's wrong with being a voracious reader? Some broadcasters bang on about sports incessantly, some about their kids, some about cyclists, or whatever. He likes books and wants to talk about them - so what?

Indeed, good points, certainly better than Fanning banging on about music and gigs.

davef1000 wrote: »

Yeah, the ones who go on about their kids are fairly annoying alright.

Nothing wrong with books at all, obviously. There is something wrong with marketing a talentless lightweight as a star, paying him half a mil per year and giving him a prime-time platform to waffle on about any aul sh*te that crossed his mind over his latest holiday.

He's a grown man who is obsessed with primary school. That's not funny, charming, or endearingly odd.

Irish American. Check
    Democrat . Check
    Dying relative. Check
    Texter at home with years rolling down their face. Check..

Felt very emotional listening to Mark Early speaking so poignantly about his late young wife, Liane Deasy, who died suddenly of epilepsy. Liane was the daughter of a cousin of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Misery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

Misery /books /misery/ trump/ misery /books /misery/ school /misery /kids books and on and on and on

Lads. Stop acting the maggot down the back of the class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I tune in from time to time when I'm driving when the show is on. I now do a little bet with myself as to what time a US president is mentioned. It was 9.10 today when he mentioned the Obama plaza. It's nearly always between 9.10 and 9.20.
    The man is obsessed with US presidents and anything relating to being childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

“So you're going to perform a new song for us about JFK?“
    “yes Ryan it's about the time he gave his wife an std and she lost a baby.... And a 1 and a 2..."

Trump at 7 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 72,251 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

This David Icke interview is hilarious!

‘I’m in tears listening to this’, as one of Ryan’s listeners might get in touch to say :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

It is bizarre. I am not even sure what I am listening to.

It's all a bit mad Ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Good old Ryan and his lack of balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

He lets him waffle about reptillian shapeshifters and of course cuts him off when he's talking about 9/11.

Bit of anti-smartphone propaganda to round off the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

What was with the jewish issue. Ryan seemed to have a bee up his hole about that one area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

The six million jews number has been contested by academics and revised down by many. The truth is nobody really knows for sure. Icke said it was terrible and it was pretty obvious issue was only with the reporting of the numbers, not that he was a holocaust denier as Tubridy suggested. I was hoping that he would go in to more about 9/11, but that was left til the last two minutes where Tubridy was simply allowed to dismiss him as "thinking it's an inside job". Icke loses a lot of credibility with the lizard talk but he was right about paedophilia in British parliament and he's right about 9/11.

Icke seemed to think that he had all day for the interview, and went off on tangents. He should have focused on a couple of things for the twenty minutes. However, he will certainly be vindicated in his opinion that the world is run by lizards having found out that Ryan Tubridy is the highest paid presenter in Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement