Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Pro12 2015/2016 Season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭b.gud

phog wrote: »
    A big standard free to air/view box will give you S4C and a choice of BBC channels. There's no need for a Sky dish, box or subscription.

This would still need an aerial right? That's the major blocker for those of us in rented accommodation who can't put up dishes

• Registered Users Posts: 23,721 ✭✭✭✭phog

b.gud wrote: »
    This would still need an aerial right? That's the major blocker for those of us in rented accommodation who can't put up dishes

A dish, but seeing as Sky use a dish too unless you're in UPC land that's the same issue for their & BT Sport subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭b.gud

A dish, but seeing as Sky use a dish too unless you're in UPC land that's the same issue for their & BT Sport subscribers.

Yup pretty much every house/apt I've rented over the past 12 years has been a UPC hub

Andrew Bishop forced to retire
    BBC Wales Sport (@BBCWalesSport) tweeted at 6:33 AM on Thu, Oct 08, 2015:

Ospreys and Wales centre Andrew Bishop, has announced his retirement from rugby after three separate back operations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

https://www.change.org/p/world-rugby-and-the-irfu-let-ian-mckinley-play-on-irish-soil?recruiter=244961456&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Petition to try get World Rugby and the IRFU to allow Ian McKinley play here. Dunno how effective it can be but sure worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Andrew Bishop forced to retire

Ah that's a shame, great player.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Bridge93 wrote: »
    https://www.change.org/p/world-rugby-and-the-irfu-let-ian-mckinley-play-on-irish-soil?recruiter=244961456&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Petition to try get World Rugby and the IRFU to allow Ian McKinley play here. Dunno how effective it can be but sure worth a try.

Just on RTE Morning Ireland - nice interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Edinburgh have signed john hardie

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The Dragons looking to sell Faletau?
    http://www.planetrugby.com/news/dragons-want-to-sell-faletau/

It makes sense for them to sell him if you ask me. That money, plus the freed up wage bill, would come in handy for them to recruit someone who'll be with them all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jacothelad

CatFromHue wrote: »

It makes sense for them to sell him if you ask me. That money, plus the freed up wage bill, would come in handy for them to recruit someone who'll be with them all season.
    Nick Williams would be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

They probably figure that since he's out of contract at the end of the season, he'll go anyway and they'll get nothing, so may as well cash in.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I can't remember what but there was something weird about him not getting a dual contract too

I can't remember what but there was something weird about him not getting a dual contract too

he was rumoured to be going to Bath last season

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Jesus, he's only 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

This is already shaping up to be the most competitive season in the league's history imo. Glasgow have only won 2 of 5 and Edinburgh are looking much improved.

None of the Irish provinces should be taking European qualification for granted any more. Certainly Leinster or Ulster could easily have problems. Munster haven't played well but have managed 4/5. Not easy to predict how things will turn out.

This is already shaping up to be the most competitive season in the league's history imo. Glasgow have only won 2 of 5 and Edinburgh are looking much improved.

None of the Irish provinces should be taking European qualification for granted any more. Certainly Leinster or Ulster could easily have problems. Munster haven't played well but have managed 4/5. Not easy to predict how things will turn out.

Leinster have not far off an entire first choice match day squad to come back so I think they will make a huge difference. I thought Munster were poor last night and only Zebo, Earls, Ryan and Murray to come back who will make a difference but the difference for leinster will be by far the biggest and they are only 4 points ahead.

The Italians are looking even worse then ever

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Yeah, shame about the Italians. Lots of pressure coming on from Edinburgh, scarlets and connacht for Europe places.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

aimee1 wrote: »
    Leinster have not far off an entire first choice match day squad to come back so I think they will make a huge difference. I thought Munster were poor last night and only Zebo, Earls, Ryan and Murray to come back who will make a difference but the difference for leinster will be by far the biggest and they are only 4 points ahead.

The Italians are looking even worse then ever

Leinster won't have an entire first choice match day squad for the vast majority of the games. They never do. Those Irish internationals will play a handful of games and those will be in the lead up to European weeks. The league positions are really decided when those guys are away, although plenty of fringe internationals will certainly help. Those guys also have to get used to the new setup to a degree. I'm confident of an improvement but let's not raise expectations too high.

Leinster won't have an entire first choice match day squad for the vast majority of the games. They never do. Those Irish internationals will play a handful of games and those will be in the lead up to European weeks. The league positions are really decided when those guys are away, although plenty of fringe internationals will certainly help. Those guys also have to get used to the new setup to a degree. I'm confident of an improvement but let's not raise expectations too high.

yeah but having 6-7 of those guys available in rotation for every game will make a massive difference in the pro12. A lot of the errors so far this season are a result of so many inexperienced guys alongside one another and there wont be so many guys missing during the 6n because there will be players released back to the provinces.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

aimee1 wrote: »
    yeah but having 6-7 of those guys available in rotation for every game will make a massive difference in the pro12. A lot of the errors so far this season are a result of so many inexperienced guys alongside one another and there wont be so many guys missing during the 6n because there will be players released back to the provinces.

I'd also like to think that having guys like Sexton in camp all but permanently now will help the likes of Marsh etc develop that bit more. We also have to remember that it is still early days in the new coaches tenure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jacothelad

molloyjh wrote: »
    I'd also like to think that having guys like Sexton in camp all but permanently now will help the likes of Marsh etc develop that bit more. We also have to remember that it is still early days in the new coaches tenure.

I really, really hope that Ringrose doesn't get left out when the Ireland players come back. I hate the way goodish Irish players need to be about 35 before they get the pension while young guys rarely get a string of high level games upon which to get up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Connacht win and Edinburgh lose- hup ya boy ya

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ospreys are 1-4 and 10 points off the playoffs, their only win being a three point victory at Treviso. They have quality Welsh internationals to come back into the side like AWJ and Biggar but it's a considerable gap to make up already and the loss of Rhys Webb for the season is a huge blow. Next week they have to go to Glasgow which could further extend the gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Bad loss for Edinburgh, they've been getting cocky though, brings them back down to earth with a bang.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

razorblunt wrote: »
    Bad loss for Edinburgh, they've been getting cocky though, brings them back down to earth with a bang.

Connacht v Edinburgh now is the biggest game on next Saturday :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Connacht v Edinburgh now is the biggest game on next Saturday :pac:
    Munster in town then the week after, let's hope it's a bad fortnight.
    Bought ,my ticket during the week for a group of 6, accidently bought the child special for a quid, that will be going to the youngest looking of the group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

A lot could depend on the ECC, given Leinster's group they could well find themselves out in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Evil_g

razorblunt wrote: »
    Munster in town then the week after, let's hope it's a bad fortnight.

Huh?

[edit] Oh. Munster in Edinburgh, the week after Conn v Edin.

While Munster hadn't many away with the WC, we've been missing the likes of Billy Holland and Denis Hurley through injury who would normally give us leadership and a bit of a lift when the lads are away with the Irish squad. In saying that it gave Foley the opportunity to try a few younger players and different combinations in the warm up games and the 5 Pro12 games.

Winning next week will be huge for us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

While Munster hadn't many away with the WC, we've been missing the likes of Billy Holland and Denis Hurley through injury who would normally give us leadership and a bit of a lift when the lads are away with the Irish squad. In saying that it gave Foley the opportunity to try a few younger players and different combinations in the warm up games and the 5 Pro12 games.

Winning next week will be huge for us.

With POM and TOD out will we see a lot more of O'Donoghue? Looks a great prospect, think he could really take his opportunity with the injuries...

Advertisement