Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Pro12 2015/2016 Season thread

Options
1414243444547»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Yeah.....no.

I don't think they've even have a slight struggle to sell 20,000 for a home semi against Leicester

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I don't think they've even have a slight struggle to sell 20,000 for a home semi against Leicester

Sorry Mark, no.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

They couldn't sell out their Champions Cup quarter final against Northampton. I'd love to know where you think they'd get another 10,000 supporters from.

They couldn't sell out their Champions Cup quarter final against Northampton. I'd love to know where you think they'd get another 10,000 supporters from.

They had 80,000 at a home league game the weekend after that. So probably there.

Not to mention Leicester have a pretty well established fan base.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

They had 80,000 at a home league game the weekend after that. So probably there.

Not to mention Leicester have a pretty well established fan base.

It wasn't 80000 Saracens fans.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    It wasn't 80000 Saracens fans.

So? There wouldn't need to be 20,000 Saracens fans present for them to double their attendance last weekend either. And Leicester are far better supported than Quins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Whatever else you want to say about Saracens, their ability to draw a massive crowd for big games is not in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well when you are selling tickets for next to nothing, sure you will get a good crowd.

Whatever else you want to say about Saracens, their ability to draw a massive crowd for big games is not in question.

That's exactly what is in question. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I would consider big games a domestic league quarter final (8,050), a semi final (16,820) and a European cup semi final (9,932) no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Ha! Generally Sarries are getting under 10k at home games. Twice this season though they have managed 80k+. Although rather coincidentally (or perhaps not coincidentally at all) both of those were against Quins.

So did Sarries get those numbers or did Quins get those numbers? Given that Quins regularly sell out the Stoop despite their poor form I'm going to guess that the Quins fans had more to do with those numbers than the Sarries fans.

Sarries are arguably the strongest team in Europe at the moment. They are also the reigning AP champions this season as well. That they can't get 10k at a home game generally proves that they don't have much in the way of support. People get on bandwagons, yet even Saracens can't manage to get big numbers on theirs.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Ha! Generally Sarries are getting under 10k at home games. Twice this season though they have managed 80k+. Although rather coincidentally (or perhaps not coincidentally at all) both of those were against Quins.

So did Sarries get those numbers or did Quins get those numbers? Given that Quins regularly sell out the Stoop despite their poor form I'm going to guess that the Quins fans had more to do with those numbers than the Sarries fans.

Sarries are arguably the strongest team in Europe at the moment. They are also the reigning AP champions this season as well. That they can't get 10k at a home game generally proves that they don't have much in the way of support. People get on bandwagons, yet even Saracens can't manage to get big numbers on theirs.

Maybe it is Quins, however bizarre a claim that is. So what. Leicester have a far bigger following than Quins so there's your extra fans. I think people are completely missing the point in order to line up to take shots at Sarries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

I can't understand the bitterness towards Saracens here. I just don't get it.

It may he related to them being a classless outfit as evidenced by examples such as them playing music over the tannoy to drown out visiting supporters and more generally, Nigel Wray.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

Winters wrote: »
    I would consider big games a domestic league quarter final (8,050), a semi final (16,820) and a European cup semi final (9,932) no?

So much for their ability to draw large crowds at big games.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭b.gud

Pro12 team of the season based on rugby.net stats

1. Rob Evans (Scarlets)
    2. Tom McCartney (Connacht)
    3. Finlay Bealham (Connacht)
    4. Leone Nakarawa (Glasgow)
    5. Aly Muldowney (Connacht)
    6. Rhys Ruddock (Leinster)
    7. James Davies (Scarlets)
    8. Cornell Du Preez (Edinburgh)
    9. Kieran Marmion (Connacht)
    10. Paddy Jackson (Ulster)
    11. Matt Healy (Connacht)
    12. Ben Te'o (Leinster)
    13. Bundee Aki (Connacht)
    14. Craig Gilroy (Ulster)
    15. Tiernan O'Halloran (Connacht)

16. Sean Cronin (Leinster)
    17. Ricky Lutton (Ulster)
    18. Tadgh Furlong (Leinster)
    19. Franco van der Merw (Ulster)
    20. Ellis Jenkins (Cardiff)
    21. Ruan Pienaar (Ulster)
    22. AJ MacGinty (Connacht)
    23. Dan Evans* (Ospreys)

*I picked Evans for the 23 jersey as he was the back 3 player who had the highest score

James Davies is an openside, so ithat should be him and Ruddock right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭b.gud

James Davies is an openside, so ithat should be him and Ruddock right?

Cheers missed that, will update it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Muldoon would be in there only he dropped off as a flanker because of the switch to 8. Buckley was the no 1 LH for a good while but I think he was overtaken after the injury.

Great season lads, it'll be remembered for a long time round these parts anyway! :D

Bazzo wrote: »
    Muldoon would be in there only he dropped off as a flanker because of the switch to 8. Buckley was the no 1 LH for a good while but I think he was overtaken after the injury.

Great season lads, it'll be remembered for a long time round these parts anyway! :D

It's very much set in favour of people who have amassed a lot of gametime in the same position. So internationals or guys who play multiple positions probably not accurately represented. It's not a perfect season but it's still quite accurate IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

It's very much set in favour of people who have amassed a lot of gametime in the same position. So internationals or guys who play multiple positions probably not accurately represented. It's not a perfect season but it's still quite accurate IMO.

Yeah, it's very geared toward the specific competion so as long as you know that looking at the stats it's fine. I think there's a similar one available for European competitions and maybe even internationals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭bilston

b.gud wrote: »

1. Rob Evans (Scarlets)
    12. Ben Te'o (Leinster)

23. Dan Evans* (Ospreys)

*I picked Evans for the 23 jersey as he was the back 3 player who had the highest score

The fact Ricky Lutton is in the 23 discredits this selection instantly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Billysays no

b.gud wrote: »

1. Rob Evans (Scarlets)
    12. Ben Te'o (Leinster)

23. Dan Evans* (Ospreys)

cant be picking a team base on that!!!!!!
    it actually is a very true reflection of the season.
    annoying that certain coach couldn't be arsed
    experience required. and that worked for leinster this weekend. poster after poster said leinster would win because of experience. utter bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

cant be picking a team base on that!!!!!!
    it actually is a very true reflection of the season.
    annoying that certain coach couldn't be arsed
    experience required. and that worked for leinster this weekend. poster after poster said leinster would win because of experience. utter bollix

Stop with the broken record. You're just repeating yourself constantly now and it's getting tired - either that or you're fishing for reactions. Give it up.

Advertisement