Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway festival

Options

Comments

Laganore here for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

I have had to have a proper go at Shahzeena to be placed at 7/2 on betfair and 16s the win. Regardless of performance, incorrect price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Current State at 20/1 is probably a tad too big as well IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Jesus, Leigh Roche was like a Jehovah's Witness there

Every door he went for was shut in his face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

a rough old race.

• Advertisement

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Boherbuoy in the lucky last for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Thats brilliant !! Have to rob that one....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

One of my best ever day's punting I'm glad a few were on. I'd be keen to take on the soft looking filly Tested in the 3.30 tomorrow. Not convinced by some of those behind. Queen Neferriti looks to have a good chance at 9/1 receiving 12lbs from the fav and should have no problems finishing the race. Risky but Mallory Heights worth chance in the penultimate race at 20/1. Across the sea, Keys is a big price despite his form figures in the second at Epsom 20/1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

One of my best ever day's punting I'm glad a few were on. I'd be keen to take on the soft looking filly Tested in the 3.30 tomorrow. Not convinced by some of those behind. Queen Neferriti looks to have a good chance at 9/1 receiving 12lbs from the fav and should have no problems finishing the race. Risky but Mallory Heights worth chance in the penultimate race at 20/1. Across the sea, Keys is a big price despite his form figures in the second at Epsom 20/1
    . Well done PC hope you had yours in some multiples , usually follow you blindly but typical missed your posts with a few different threads going ! Hope your enjoying a few pints tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

Missed it my self got docs one but didn't see PC d

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Steffani Frances & magic kitten tomorrow for me.
    Might do ew bet on Wicklow brave as a cover too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Didn't back any of them but seriously impressive stuff today sir!

Agree that Tested is there to be taken on tomorrow, interested in Deegan's one at 20/1 - couldn't land a blow when held up on heavy ground in the Guineas trial but willing to give her another chance tomorrow at the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Max Dynamite in the Hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

PC you ledgend. Added Shanahans turn and bribe the bouncer to my selections because of you. My best ever days punting. All singles if only i had done a L 15:)

Havent even looked at tomorrow yet but I will be following you blind.

Glad a good few of you got on Powersbomb. Delighted for connections. may have another one saturday or sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Would have been a nice win if Northern Rocked came in but still a good day. Bribe the Bouncer is badly drawn but I've had my eye on him a while and suspicions are he could prove better than his mark. King booked is eye catching and is worth chancing at 16s in an open handicap. Went for Shanahan's Turn five places e/w 25/1 in the Plate. Wouldn't be surprised if Lone Star was much better now going handicapping off a mark of 114 having been highly tried. 10/1 with Ladbrokes looks big in the 4.10 Galway

Top class tipping. Some stuff!

Busy in work all week and getting to see **** all racing, but brings a smile to my face seeing ye hit the bookies with big price winners here today.

Hope to get up Saturday myself, have a horse with a few other lads running in a maiden.

PS. well in sdoc also

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭evd

Galway Races 2015 Leaderboard
    Galway Races 2015Glorious Goodwood 2015Past FestivalsHall Of Fame
    Position Username Profit/Loss Bets
    1 ShaneU 35.02 16
    2 Nultyi 27.71 2

This is the leader board from TIPZER.
    Where are ye posting the tips lads??
    Come on now share, I missed the good ones today :/

I'm on there as birdiequeen, so ye can see I'm not doing so well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Rawnaq in the hurdle for me at 25-1 , small but up and coming stable

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

evd wrote: »
    Galway Races 2015 Leaderboard
    Galway Races 2015Glorious Goodwood 2015Past FestivalsHall Of Fame
    Position Username Profit/Loss Bets
    1 ShaneU 35.02 16
    2 Nultyi 27.71 2

This is the leader board from TIPZER.
    Where are ye posting the tips lads??
    Come on now share, I missed the good ones today :/

I'm on there as birdiequeen, so ye can see I'm not doing so well :)

No tips, just fancies from me.

Will post tomorrow's here if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Rawnaq in the hurdle for me at 25-1 , small but up and coming stable

Was surprised he wasnt in the plate unless they are looking at protecting his mark for the paddy power gold cup or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

4.45 Galway

Stephanie Frances 20/1

Dan Skelton's 7 year old mercurial mare is a horse I've always thought had a serious, serious potential and I think she's finally showing it. Having landed a huge shock on her debut for Michael McElhone (he said she was so light and he couldn't get any work into her) in winning what has turned out to be an extremely strong bumper when she beat Wicklow Brave & Macnicholson, she was was picked up at the sales and sent to Dan Skelton's yard. Stephanie Frances mixed the sublime with the shocking on her first 6 starts over hurdles for the Skelton (who freely admitted she's very hard to train) but I think he has found the key to her with two emphatic and incredibly easy successes on her two most recent starts. In a handicap off a mark of 120 (18lb higher today), she won hard held in a race that isn't terrible form at Ludlow back in March before pretty much doing the same in a Listed Mares Novice Hurdle at Cheltenham a month later (again not outstanding form). Judged on the collateral form of those two, a price tag of 20/1 now she has a mark of 138 looks about right but I think she's now putting in her best work at all times. I believe that decent ground (which she gets) and probably a different approach to her trainer by Skelton have seen her in a much better light and I firmly believe that if she turns up in the right frame of mind she's got an absolutely outstanding chance to land this. This represents trainer Dan Skelton's 2nd ever runner in Ireland and I'm hopeful that this very talented mare puts everything in today and lands this big prize.

I'm also pretty confident that 2.20 Galway Sizing Platinum 4/1 will get the better of the fav

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Meadow Cross 25/1 boyles
    surely worth a small ew with trainers record in the race. A win and 2 seconds in the last 3 years. As low as 12s in places but boyles go 25s which surely wont last.
    gl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Have good word that Powersbomb well fancied in the 16 10 tomorrow. 33s with ladbrokes which wont last. PP 16s. THEY KNOW! Each way play for me at those odds

Outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Cracker too PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

PC you ledgend. Added Shanahans turn and bribe the bouncer to my selections because of you. My best ever days punting. All singles if only i had done a L 15:)

Havent even looked at tomorrow yet but I will be following you blind.

Glad a good few of you got on Powersbomb. Delighted for connections. may have another one saturday or sunday.

Well deserved doc. I'd say Seskinane should run well Saturday.

Thanks again everyone else. I had two in a double e/w but unfortunately dazzling susie was one of them. Still won't complain it's nice to get

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Would have been a nice win if Northern Rocked came in but still a good day. Bribe the Bouncer is badly drawn but I've had my eye on him a while and suspicions are he could prove better than his mark. King booked is eye catching and is worth chancing at 16s in an open handicap. Went for Shanahan's Turn five places e/w 25/1 in the Plate. Wouldn't be surprised if Lone Star was much better now going handicapping off a mark of 114 having been highly tried. 10/1 with Ladbrokes looks big in the 4.10 Galway
    Have good word that Powersbomb well fancied in the 16 10 tomorrow. 33s with ladbrokes which wont last. PP 16s. THEY KNOW! Each way play for me at those odds

Well done lads, great stuff. Wasn't on any of them. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Outragoues picking PC and fairplay SDOC for sharing- gents.

On another note, anyone know when the full cards will be up for tomorrow?
    No jockey bookings up or final entries as far as I can see..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Fancy Sizing Platinum as well, backed it at 4/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

rossom wrote: »
    4.45 Galway

Stephanie Frances 20/1

Dan Skelton's 7 year old mercurial mare is a horse I've always thought had a serious, serious potential and I think she's finally showing it. Having landed a huge shock on her debut for Michael McElhone (he said she was so light and he couldn't get any work into her) in winning what has turned out to be an extremely strong bumper when she beat Wicklow Brave & Macnicholson, she was was picked up at the sales and sent to Dan Skelton's yard. Stephanie Frances mixed the sublime with the shocking on her first 6 starts over hurdles for the Skelton (who freely admitted she's very hard to train) but I think he has found the key to her with two emphatic and incredibly easy successes on her two most recent starts. In a handicap off a mark of 120 (18lb higher today), she won hard held in a race that isn't terrible form at Ludlow back in March before pretty much doing the same in a Listed Mares Novice Hurdle at Cheltenham a month later (again not outstanding form). Judged on the collateral form of those two, a price tag of 20/1 now she has a mark of 138 looks about right but I think she's now putting in her best work at all times. I believe that decent ground (which she gets) and probably a different approach to her trainer by Skelton have seen her in a much better light and I firmly believe that if she turns up in the right frame of mind she's got an absolutely outstanding chance to land this. This represents trainer Dan Skelton's 2nd ever runner in Ireland and I'm hopeful that this very talented mare puts everything in today and lands this big prize.

I'm also pretty confident that 2.20 Galway Sizing Platinum 4/1 will get the better of the fav
    I picked Stephanie Frances out myself. Only thing that slightly troubles me is the lack of a recent run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Very interesting runner for Weld in the 3.00 today, Roachdale House, first time running for Weld, previously with Fahey across the water, but they are backing it very strongly this morning, 14/1 into as low as 6/1. Meanwhile his horse Rock Critic the fav, is weak. Some 8/1 still left.

Advertisement