Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway festival

Options
  • 17-07-2015 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Just over a week away. Can't wait, pretty sure the entries and weights will be announced today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

68 entered for the plate. Rebel fitz is among the entries! Fantastic news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Looking forward to it myself, hopefully make the trip up for tuesday-thursday and back again for Saturday. A few obvious ones in the tracker but its brutally tough most years. Don't think ive ever made back the price of getting there in 15 years going.

The cost of accommodation is as reasonable as always I see!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Where can I find the list of entrants?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Rebel fitz 16-1 for the plate
    Hidden cyclone 10-1 for the hurdle

Gonna have a good single bet on these 2 and a small double

Going to do something similar.
    Wicklow brave surely a cracking bet at 20/1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

For feck sake . Western boy is 10/1 .. What a disaster that fecking win was the other day ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Rebel Fitz in Plate and Diakali in Hurdle are the class horses in big two if showing up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Going to do something similar.
    Wicklow brave surely a cracking bet at 20/1?

Will he turn up? I notice boston bobs in the plate but half the gorses be out of the handicap should he run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

What would be the best way of getting accomodation at this stage for group of lads?

Clondaw Warrior in the hurdle for me. Just had a cut at 12's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Juwwi

bmcc10 wrote: »
    What would be the best way of getting accomodation at this stage for group of lads?

Try this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057454013

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭mountai

One that stands out for me in the Plate --- Shanpallas --- 10/1 with Boyles 16/1 with PP . MCmanus/Byrnes Plot???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Had a small ew on macnicholson at 33/1 for the hurdle as its a confirmed runner and gets in, hopefully out run its odds as he usually goes well in big field handicap hurdles and has had spins on the flat in prepa to this. My other choice weatern boy prob wont get in anyway.

Nearly there!
    Ground going to be fairly bad for the week one would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

the more i look at the Plate the more i like Texas Jack, think he's a cracking bet at 33/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy wrote: »
    This is where the Aga Khans investment in Dermot Welds yard will pay off- a few egg and spoon races in Galway!!

Hate this festival, racing is very poor.

I was waiting for one haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

ziggy wrote: »

Last year alone produced the 1000 guineas winner and the Gold Cup 3rd...

Slimity wrote: »
    Last year alone produced the 1000 guineas winner and the Gold Cup 3rd...

Hilarious how uninformed people are and just take the easy pop at Galway.
    My favorite festival by a mile, getting on the weld train tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

Hilarious how uninformed people are and just take the easy pop at Galway.
    My favorite festival by a mile, getting on the weld train tomorrow.

Ground will be key, soft this morning. Wonder how much they got today and will get tonight?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

King of Oriel an interesting runner in the 5.45 tomorrow. Was looking the likely winner when felling in the same race last year.
    Off 3 pounds lower tomorrow and hasn't been since over hurdles since. I think this may have been the long term target for connections since that fall.
    16s best priced at the mo, might hang on and hope for 20s in the morning.

One of two bets I've planned for the week, the other being Golden Shoe later on in the week who has dropped to what has gotta be a competitive handicap mark for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

King of Oriel an interesting runner in the 5.45 tomorrow. Was looking the likely winner when felling in the same race last year.
    Off 3 pounds lower tomorrow and hasn't been since over hurdles since. I think this may have been the long term target for connections since that fall.
    16s best priced at the mo, might hang on and hope for 20s in the morning.

One of two bets I've planned for the week, the other being Golden Shoe later on in the week who has dropped to what has gotta be a competitive handicap mark for him.

Agree on Golden Shoe. Another horse entered in same races as him Tuesday and Wednesday that I really like. Hope they end up in different races.

Slimity wrote: »
    Ground will be key, soft this morning. Wonder how much they got today and will get tonight?

Arrived last night and it rained for about 12 hours straight, very heavily. Today not too bad but not drying at all I wouldn't imagine. Be suprised if its anything but soft all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ted Veale at 7/1 (Ladbrokes) in the big handicap tomorrow won't last too long. Hoping it runs, because it looks fantastically well handicapped for this race.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ted Veale at 7/1 (Ladbrokes) in the big handicap tomorrow won't last too long. Hoping it runs, because it looks fantastically well handicapped for this race.

Saw the weight and was thinking was there a brown envelope handed to the handicapper :cool::cool:

Rails moved adding on circa a furlong to all national hunt races today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,330 ✭✭✭naughto

Is there a tipping thread for Galway this yr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭boomtown84

Just put it up here Naughto!;-)

Advertisement