Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway festival

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

gone with a treble today
    william of orange - 2.00 goodwood
    solow - 3.10
    Alechi Inois - Galway plate....

61/1....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Can see arod beating Solow today. i backed Solow at Ascot and was left feeling he isnt the superstar everyopne thinks he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kinanoman

Just as an FYI, a chum of mine handed me over a grand to do a double on Toormore and Long Dog tomorrow. In total he's got 4k on to win 25k. Something to think about if you're doing fivers or tenners on most races like me :pac:

Hey Francie what is your chum lumping on today? haha ye were spot on yesterday!

Ive backed Clondaw Warrior for the Hurdle.
    In an interview with Mullins yesterday on ATR I dont recall him even mentioning him as he was discussing jockeys. Anyone know if the horse is going to even run in the Hurdle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

WAR ANTHEM 6.05
    Money piling in for this one 33s into as low as 10s. I took 14s with boyles. Ran yesterday staying on for 3rd so you would think the extra furlong can only help.
    gl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Im a sucker for Kings Theatre horse's so maybe blinded here but Midsomeranksen in the first at Galway could be overpriced at 50-1 was well fancied a few times so worth the risk ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

gazza1 wrote: »
    WAR ANTHEM 6.05
    Money piling in for this one 33s into as low as 10s. I took 14s with boyles. Ran yesterday staying on for 3rd so you would think the extra furlong can only help.
    gl

Yeah have to agree with you here. Didnt empty the tank yesterday due to trouble in running and getting going late. I missed the gamble but took 12s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Whitey O' Gwaun absolutely hosed up at Galway last year under 7lb claimer Finian Maguire. The horse had previously come close under Pat Smullen (was beaten 3 times by O'Brien trained runners) and came into the race with a very light weight.

One year later and we have Maguire (still claiming 7lbs) riding in the same race for the same trainer on a horse with a very similar profile in also coming close under Smullen behind A.P. O'Brien winners.

Willie Mullins has no runner (he won the race in 2012 and 2013), neither does O'Brien or Wachman or Bolger or Jessica Harrington or Oxx or any of the real top level flat trainers. Maybe I am delusional but it looks like an absolute good thing, especially with Weld's record at Galway. 13/8 is a bit skinny so I am going to see if I can back it on some kind of a distance special, i.e. to win by 3 lengths or more etc. It's definitely my NAP of the week, if it's beaten then I won't be betting again for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

And today is Dermot Weld's 67th birthday. Just to top it all off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Surpsrised Stuccodor isn't fav here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Galway maiden hurdles - A Mullins/Ricci/Walsh benefit

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Have good word that Powersbomb well fancied in the 16 10 tomorrow. 33s with ladbrokes which wont last. PP 16s. THEY KNOW! Each way play for me at those odds

Well now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Have good word that Powersbomb well fancied in the 16 10 tomorrow. 33s with ladbrokes which wont last. PP 16s. THEY KNOW! Each way play for me at those odds

BOOM! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Fair ****s to the man who put up powerscourt

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bluedoor27

Thank you so much. Nice little win! €5 ew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Top stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

BOOM! :D

* Doffs cap *

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

TheTorment wrote: »
    Ive backed Clondaw Warrior for the Hurdle.
    In an interview with Mullins yesterday on ATR I dont recall him even mentioning him as he was discussing jockeys. Anyone know if the horse is going to even run in the Hurdle?

Was a big ask for him to make the cut so he didnt get in

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Sdoc...if I had you here id ride you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Sdoc cheers great tip lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Boom Boom

Top stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Super stuff sdoc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

Nice one doc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

unbelievable stuff.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17 seansc1

Fair play to you mate. I got him at 33s. He bloody romped home. Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭shamdrog63

Betfair,s absolutely sh1te.been trying to empty my account on this fav at galway but network probs persist.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Cheers doc. Great tip

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭saffron22

Cheers to for powersbomb

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

Finny Maguire is so good that claiming almost feels like cheating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Finny Maguire is so good that claiming almost feels like cheating.

Easiest winner we'll see all week

Advertisement