Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway festival

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭faoile@n

Francie reading my mind. Backed two this evening Hint of a Tint at 12/1 Ladbrokes went a stand out for a while last night.

Northern Rocked looks the bet of the week and I backed it accordingly at 7/1. TMYPOTMYGB

Wouldn't touch Hint of a Tint with stolen money particularly at a course with a steep uphill finish.

Looks gone at the game for me. I'd say it she wasn't owned by McManus daughter she'd have been retired to stud with her black type long ago.

Watch her romp in now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

faoile@n wrote: »
    Wouldn't touch Hint of a Tint with stolen money particularly at a course with a steep uphill finish.

Looks gone at the game for me. I'd say it she wasn't owned by McManus daughter she'd have been retired to stud with her black type long ago.

hope so....:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Taking on Weld here with SIAMSAIOCHT.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

That was an impressive winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭redarmy

Hint Of A Tint with a handicap rating of just 86 looks like another that was well and truly chucked in. This is an ultra competitive handicap though, so only a small bet for me at 9/1. Respectable run in the Topaz last year, but this time around the weights will have shifted quite a bit in its favour, so would be surprised if it doesn't improve on last years 6th place.
    nice1 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

You could see that a mile away. Horse is over a stone lower in the ratings than last year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Tracy Piggott interviewing Wachman about his rag before the 2yo fillies' maiden. Never asked him about his chances with Hint Of A Tint in the following race. Well done Tracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Unsinkable very unlucky there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Hint Of A Tint with a handicap rating of just 86 looks like another that was well and truly chucked in. This is an ultra competitive handicap though, so only a small bet for me at 9/1. Respectable run in the Topaz last year, but this time around the weights will have shifted quite a bit in its favour, so would be surprised if it doesn't improve on last years 6th place.

Fair play well done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 dwinkin09

Francie reading my mind. Backed two this evening Hint of a Tint at 12/1 Ladbrokes went a stand out for a while last night.

Northern Rocked looks the bet of the week and I backed it accordingly at 7/1. TMYPOTMYGB

Cheers Francie & PC. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭faoile@n

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Well In Francie and PC great call thanks. Got some 9s.

Now for northern rock. Had a small double with hint as well. Be dam close to my biggest ever winner if Northern rock wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Northern rocked recent form is shocking. Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,531 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Cheers lads a few quid back would have been a tasty double if it came of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Have good word that Powersbomb well fancied in the 16 10 tomorrow. 33s with ladbrokes which wont last. PP 16s. THEY KNOW! Each way play for me at those odds

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

BumperD wrote: »
    Slight soiling of pants at 2nd last but other than that, easy enough
    He was alright :pac:

Glad it came in though, did not have to put my hand into my pocket all day for the racing.

sdoc13 wrote: »
    Have good word that Powersbomb well fancied in the 16 10 tomorrow. 33s with ladbrokes which wont last. PP 16s. THEY KNOW! Each way play for me at those odds
    Can't see for the life of me how it has a chance tomorrow, but stranger things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Would have been a nice win if Northern Rocked came in but still a good day. Bribe the Bouncer is badly drawn but I've had my eye on him a while and suspicions are he could prove better than his mark. King booked is eye catching and is worth chancing at 16s in an open handicap. Went for Shanahan's Turn five places e/w 25/1 in the Plate. Wouldn't be surprised if Lone Star was much better now going handicapping off a mark of 114 having been highly tried. 10/1 with Ladbrokes looks big in the 4.10 Galway

Credit The Giver is a horse that has been in my tracker for over a year, so imagine my surprise to see it declared for the 6:05 after being switched over to the Aidan O' Brien's stable. No idea how well this does, but the former trainer told me that this was one of his best stable prospects back then. 10/1 with Boils.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mohican22

What is the weather like in Galway tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Dazzling Susie to jump off in front and try and make all in the mares' handicap hurdle. 33/1 e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

The paparazzi kid in the plate, 16 / 1. Hasn't had much racing in the last couple of years. Could be well handicapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

shmeee wrote: »
    Won a few quid in the end on the flat racing across the water.

All gone on Long Dog in the first tomorrow, @ 4/5 BFSB.

Grand to get home from work and see a nice balance to play with, slight mistake at 2nd last but won't complain, coming home @ 1/2. Was odds against early doors.

One double for me tomorrow, short priced ones again.

Solow
    Goodwood 15:10

New Agenda
    Galway 19:10

Top price 2.76 with BFSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

mohican22 wrote: »
    What is the weather like in Galway tonight?

Dry so far

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Anyone know why camlann is fav in 6.05 tomorrow? It's definitely not on form

gufc21 wrote: »
    Anyone know why camlann is fav in 6.05 tomorrow? It's definitely not on form
    Look at the breeding, out of Cape Cross and Galileo. Amazing to think the horse went for £800 at the sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭seoirsem

PP paying 5 places in the Plate, surely a horse of the caliber of Boston Bob must fill one of those places albeit off top weight. 18/1 too big to turn down for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

shmeee wrote: »
    Grand to get home from work and see a nice balance to play with, slight mistake at 2nd last but won't complain, coming home @ 1/2. Was odds against early doors.

One double for me tomorrow, short priced ones again.

Solow
    Goodwood 15:10

New Agenda
    Galway 19:10

Top price 2.76 with BFSB.

I've done the same. Weld has an incredible record in that race in Galway and surely Solow can confirm form with N.O.T and dispatch the others too.

I've done the double and added King Of Rooks in a treble too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Any one have any idea if rebel fitz has a chance of running in hurdle tomorrow ?

Advertisement