Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway festival

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

PC any word on any of Hogans this week? see one backed today.

Bachasson TMYPOTMYWH

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

boomtown84 wrote: »
    Just put it up here Naughto!;-)

I don't have the time to put in to it iam afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭closcriobh

Just rewatched Bachasson's run at Sligo there and am happy to take the 11/8. Won by 6+ lengths so hopefully another good run today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Ted Veale at 7/1 (Ladbrokes) in the big handicap tomorrow won't last too long. Hoping it runs, because it looks fantastically well handicapped for this race.

Great spot by you, took the 13/2 late last night, 9/2 most places now. Top horse hopefully he'll give us a good run for our money now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Great spot by you, took the 13/2 late last night, 9/2 most places now. Top horse hopefully he'll give us a good run for our money now :)

skybet pay 5 places too.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

King of Oriel an interesting runner in the 5.45 tomorrow. Was looking the likely winner when felling in the same race last year.
    Off 3 pounds lower tomorrow and hasn't been since over hurdles since. I think this may have been the long term target for connections since that fall.
    16s best priced at the mo, might hang on and hope for 20s in the morning.

According to a quote on the Racing Post, the trainer said that they fancied it until the rain came. He said it was a top-of-the-ground horse and every drop of rain reduced it's chance.

Note: trainers have been known to lie about their chances of winning any given race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Like the look of Theatre Kings's in the last at Galway Nina Carberry up had a ghost rider up last time so nina should be able to do a better job :D 25-1

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭brassringclub

PC any word on any of Hogans this week? see one backed today.

Bachasson TMYPOTMYWH

TMYPOTMYNH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

2/1 was a gift yesterday he looks really good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

That was very impressive from Bachasson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭closcriobh

Bachasson into 12s from 16s for Supreme Novices at Cheltenham with PP. Bit early for me to backing at Cheltenham before NH season has even started but certainly an interesting horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I think Weld can get off the mark here with True Solitaire, O'Brien's looks like it would need a bit further.

Im never backing a Joseph O Brien ridden horse again..

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theenergy

TheTorment wrote: »

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

O Brien's ran very green and found things happening a bit too quick for him, he want's further on pedigree. It was a pleasing enough debut though, also thought the second ran a very nice race.

theenergy wrote: »
    Why?

Initially I thought he gave him a shocking ride but after watching it again it looked like the horse was a bit green to be fair to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Ballydoyle debutants are very rarely revved up and ready to go these days. Weld's was expected to do the business at Gowran and he came on nicely for that experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theenergy

Initially I thought he gave him a shocking ride but after watching it again it looked like the horse was a bit green to be fair to him.

Get on young joseph in the second last my man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Ballydoyle debutants are very rarely revved up and ready to go these days. Weld's was expected to do the business at Gowran and he came on nicely for that experience.

Thought it was madness to hear them on TV talking about €8,000 bets going on the O'Brien horse when O'Brien was on about it being an educational run for the horse. Once he got shuffled back I was thinking how the hell is that green yoke supposed to beat Weld's horse in a maiden that Weld farms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

yep, Aidan pretty much told everyone before the race that he wasn't going to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Shocking ride on Ted Veale. Kept boxed in too long and the late move wide cost him dearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Tadaany in the next?

Enchanced on Powers earlier which worries me..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Shocking ride on Ted Veale. Kept boxed in too long and the late move wide cost him dearly.

Had plenty of time to win his race and wasnt good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Small e/w on vitalized for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Ohh Lala e/w in the 7.20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

cornelius e/w for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Surely no-one found that winner.

Race was over fairly quickly once it got to front, nothing came from behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Matchaway in the last, thoughts on chances? last leg of ew accume. cash out or ride out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Any idea how much placepot pays today ?

Advertisement