Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway festival

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Any idea how much placepot pays today ?

Placepot Pool - €78,994.24 Not Won. Carried forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Any idea how much placepot pays today ?

€8.20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Won a few quid in the end on the flat racing across the water.

All gone on Long Dog in the first tomorrow, @ 4/5 BFSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭baldshin

shmeee wrote: »
    €8.20

Was one of the many who won it today, crazy low, gotta be one of the lowest ever at Galway!?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭mjp

Decent preview for tomorrow's action and tipped few decent prices winners today.

http://racinggroups.co.uk/groups/a-little-bit-of-dermo/forum/topic/galway-day-two/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

baldshin wrote: »
    Was one of the many who won it today, crazy low, gotta be one of the lowest ever at Galway!?

Favourite placed in every race, and the second favourite placed in plenty too. Just one of those days really

• Registered Users Posts: 16,502 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Northern Rocked certainly won't be 7/1 at the off tomorrow for Dermot Weld in the 7:50. This one probably isn't as good as it used to be, but it's well down in the handicap ratings and carries a stone less than when it achieved a course and distance victory on similar ground two years ago. There's a lot of good ground horses here that could be scratched, so I feel Northern Rocked has a much better chance than what those odds suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Northern Rocked certainly won't be 7/1 at the off tomorrow for Dermot Weld in the 7:50. This one probably isn't as good as it used to be, but it's well down in the handicap ratings and carries a stone less than when it achieved a course and distance victory on similar ground two years ago. There's a lot of good ground horses here that could be scratched, so I feel Northern Rocked has a much better chance than what those odds suggest.

I backed it at 7s but because of the draw only half the stake I had intended. Agree it will go off shorter.

Hint Of A Tint with a handicap rating of just 86 looks like another that was well and truly chucked in. This is an ultra competitive handicap though, so only a small bet for me at 9/1. Respectable run in the Topaz last year, but this time around the weights will have shifted quite a bit in its favour, so would be surprised if it doesn't improve on last years 6th place.

Final fancy is Steps To Freedom in the 5:45. Five runs in chases with five second places. There is serious class with this horse, having seen it win at Aintree and Cheltenham. Reckon this one is much better value at 8/1, than the likes of Guitar Pete, who I reckon is much better suited to flat galloping tracks.

• Advertisement

Just as an FYI, a chum of mine handed me over a grand to do a double on Toormore and Long Dog tomorrow. In total he's got 4k on to win 25k. Something to think about if you're doing fivers or tenners on most races like me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Think Dutch Connection will beat Toormore but good luck to him

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Gautama

What price can we expect Rebel Fitz be on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Papa Ruthless

Well folks new to the the forum, thought I'd join today and let my two cents be heard.

Going with Bobby Jean in the 19:50. Consistent philly who also boasts an improving record with O'Donoghue riding. Running off it's highest rating yet of 80 today, but believe it can still progress. Well-drawn.

Selection - Bobby Jean - 19:50 Handicap
    Took 8/1 with Paddypower

Also going for a double with Unyielding in the 19:20. Promising third in debut at Killarney for trainer Mrs Harrington whose horses seem to be in fine form at the present time.

Selection - Double
    Unyielding 19.20
    Bobby Jean 19:50

Have a great day folks and best of betting to everyone today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

Hint Of A Tint with a handicap rating of just 86 looks like another that was well and truly chucked in. This is an ultra competitive handicap though, so only a small bet for me at 9/1. Respectable run in the Topaz last year, but this time around the weights will have shifted quite a bit in its favour, so would be surprised if it doesn't improve on last years 6th place.

This is one that certainly caught my eye. I thought that we might not see her again after disappointing her last 5 runs. Also the fact that she has the black type already acquired for breeding purposes so I was very surprised to see her here after not running since Dundalk in October. Backed in a bit last night too so Wachman obviously thinks she retains some of her old ability seen when winning her only race in her debut in July 2012. Will like the ground too if it's heavy so one to certainly keep an eye on in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Big gamble on Heartbreak City (possibly Pricewised?) in the last (20.20) this evening. Very obvious plot horse from the Tony Martin stable. 12/1 this morning, best-price 9/2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Big gamble on Heartbreak City (possibly Pricewised?) in the last (20.20) this evening. Very obvious plot horse from the Tony Martin stable. 12/1 this morning, best-price 9/2 now.

Pricewise was Unsinkable in the Topaz i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Francie reading my mind. Backed two this evening Hint of a Tint at 12/1 Ladbrokes went a stand out for a while last night.

Northern Rocked looks the bet of the week and I backed it accordingly at 7/1. TMYPOTMYGB

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

byronbay2 wrote: »

I wonder do bookmakers create these false gambles? We usually find out they do when they drift drastically before the off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Beau Satchel has to deliver soon.
    10-1 in the 7.50 this evening looks good to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Unsinkable 6:50 He wont be beat so i was told. I got word from a good source. But they dont always win as we know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭murphyaii

heartbreak city better win in the 20:20 or galway will be a bad start.
    gone in to 9-2 now:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Just as an FYI, a chum of mine handed me over a grand to do a double on Toormore and Long Dog tomorrow. In total he's got 4k on to win 25k. Something to think about if you're doing fivers or tenners on most races like me :pac:

Waiting on Ruby on a Rich Ricci yoke for Mullins at odds on for the pay-off. It's like Cheltenham Day 1 all over again, I'd say your chum is cacking himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Snipp

Adimelo to cause an upset in the first for me today! 2pts ew
    Now or never in the fillies maiden stakes. 2pts ew
    Best of luck to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

I see Ana O'Brien is following in the family tradition - 2lb overweight on Ruler Of France in The Topaz Mile!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Waiting on Ruby on a Rich Ricci yoke for Mullins at odds on for the pay-off. It's like Cheltenham Day 1 all over again, I'd say your chum is cacking himself.

Fair play to your mate but I'd say his heart was in huis mouth two out after that stumble!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Slight soiling of pants at 2nd last but other than that, easy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭Panrich

Ted seems in extremely good form there with AP talking about septic tanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Our old friend Emprasario absolutely killed it there. Glad I took a small chance on him for old times sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

backed from 20/1 in 12/1 just before.....opted out of the race myself.....grrr

Advertisement