Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Batman (Matt Reeves) ***spoilers from post 1030***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

p to the e wrote: »
    The first thing I thought of when I saw it was the Interceptor (the last of the V8's)

bit of mad max vibe off it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Nerdlingr wrote: »

First thing my wife said when I showed it to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,418 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Definitely starting to look like Bruce has lost his money and is doing everything on the cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Definitely starting to look like Bruce has lost his money and is doing everything on the cheap.

Supe'd muscle car.
    Matching motorbike.
    Fancy gadget-filled (assumption) suit.

"The rich don't even go broke same as the rest of us..."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nerdlingr wrote: »

I never realised til this minute that a Batman Mad Max crossover is what I want to see, lol

The Bats and the Furious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Agreed. I didn't see the Mad Maxness.. but now that I have! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm starting to wonder if they're going the Bruce is broke route. Just something about the whole aesthetic, including the suit and bike, suggests he doesn't have access to top of the line technology.

I believe one of the stories from the comics, possibly Year One, went this route where Bruce was swindled out of the Wayne fortune when his parents died.

Just saying.

Surely this is the route they're taking and I love that Batmobile. Gives me strong nostalgia for the toys I used to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

pixelburp wrote: »
    I never realised til this minute that a Batman Mad Max crossover is what I want to see, lol

The Bats and the Furious.

Isn't that the (opening) Lego movie 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I more see 'baby' from Supernatural!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the george miller look of batman from his abandoned 2008 justice league movie

its armie hammer

https://www.instagram.com/p/B928spClXZ3/?

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/batman-justice-league-mortal-george-miller-armie-hammer/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Unsurprising news really, but I kind of have my fingers crossed that most delayed movies can use the time to refine their scripts and produce an even better final product.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Hmmmm.. possible glimpses of a version of Bruce Wayne that Robert Pattinson could maybe use in the last few seconds of the new trailer for Tenet

Jump to 2:30:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Robert Pattinson fired from The Batman!!!

https://youtu.be/cZ-f2Fo1bXY

Holy ****

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Robert Pattinson fired from The Batman!!!

https://youtu.be/cZ-f2Fo1bXY

Holy ****

Not a chance! Who comes up with this nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Not a chance! Who comes up with this nonsense?

People who just pull random ****e out of their ass just for click bait & views.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    People who just pull random ****e out of their ass just for click bait & views.

Not even going to click the link for that reason. Not a single outlet I'd trust has even hinted about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Not even going to click the link for that reason. Not a single outlet I'd trust has even hinted about this.

I saw it when there were no responses, thought it was some early news, felt dirty giving him a click.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Could have 2 Batman films floating around if Affleck does more after JL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Affleck won't be back, it ruined his life almost completely

Affleck's done, I'd say no amount of money could tease him back & from a corporate point of view it'd send the wrong signal about Matt Reeve's film. Would come off like hedging ones bets.

BSK wrote: »
    Could have 2 Batman films floating around if Affleck does more after JL

There's literally a meme about how sad he was promoting those films. Not a chance he'll be back.

Affleck went straight to rehab after Justice League. Have heard first hand that although a nice guy, he was not the healthiest or easiest on himself during the JL principle shoot.

Ideally I would like to see him take on the role again, but I'd bet he's done and I can't blame him for that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭fitz

Really wish Affleck had been given the opportunity to direct/star in a Batman film set just before Batman v Superman. DC and Snyder were in such a rush to catch up to the MCU, they learned nothing from how Marvel built up the MCU to be able to support the team-up/crossover movies.

I'd love to have seen a proper, self contained, detective batfleck movie.

Shared it in the general off topic chat, but Batman filming could pick up again realtively soon.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/may/31/the-batman-among-movies-given-go-ahead-for-restart-of-uk-filming

• Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishJedi75

Affleck's done, I'd say no amount of money could tease him back & from a corporate point of view it'd send the wrong signal about Matt Reeve's film. Would come off like hedging ones bets.

Affleck IS back.Kind of.The Snyder cut of Justice League is happening and hes been championing it for a while now.He will definetly be back for ADR and any additional shooting Snyder needs.

Affleck IS back.Kind of.The Snyder cut of Justice League is happening and hes been championing it for a while now.He will definetly be back for ADR and any additional shooting Snyder needs.

They're not doing additional shooting. Just ADR.

I've no doubt Affleck will do some additional dialogue if it's required, but I just can't see him doing any reshoots. That's a whole different story and workload to ADR.

As it was in the JL movie we got, Affleck especially was jarringly different in the reshot scenes. Now almost 3 years later, now when he isn't concentrating on maintaining a Batman/Bruce physique to honor his contract, I just can't see it.

Anyway....just noticed the thread I'm posting in, which isn't one of the two already discussing the JL movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 IrishJedi75

FunLover18 wrote: »
    They're not doing additional shooting. Just ADR.

There WILL be additional shooting.One scene that Snyder never got to finish was where General Swannick from MOS and BVS was going to be revealed as Martian Manhunter.It was a scene where Martha Kent is having a conversation with Lois Lane and '' Martha '' is actually Jonn Jonnz in human form.

Snyder shot some of it but never finished it.Harry Lennix who plays General Swannick has hinted they are going to finish it.

And Affleck is actually in really good shape these days.Any additonal scenes with him in the Batman suit shouldnt be a problem.The fact that they are spending up to 80 million dollars to do this cut means that they are doing a HELL of a lot more than ADR.

Advertisement